For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 02:08 PM CDT
Last night at the tail end of the events, and while the invasion of Crossing was being cleaned up, I stopped in at the empath guild to see if there were any in need of assistance, as I couldn't get through the temple gates. (no orb). There I found one decaying body, and three others, 2 of them were empaths. The body was so far gone, by the time I was able to send out a gweth for assistance, there were only moments left before the corpse decayed completely, yet a cleric came by right away.

If you are going to be playing a pet empath, make sure the empath is aware every so often. I don't know how long it takes for a body to completely decay, but I think it is some where around 120 minutes, so for these empaths to sit there and folding paper, and casting spells for 120 minutes, with out noticing the dead person who was begging for help is just beyond me. I probably would have reported the group afk, but I wasn't the one adversely affected by the behavior.

I found out later the dead body was only 1st circle, this fact in my mind makes the situation all the more egregious. I don't know if this player has other characters, it wasn't my place to ask, but I do know if I was a new player, and laid there begging for assistance while people where doing things which would make them seem to be aware, yet didn't come to my aid, I would have logged off, and probably not returned.

As a player whose main character is an empath, I have many reasons to dislike pet empaths, thank you for giving me one more.

Francelia. (the lost empath.)