Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 12:57 PM CDT
tl;dr

Mordiazi comes in and starts preaching + touches Caelumia. Tarathon starts healing and talking about gods and oaths. Caelumia takes Mord out and chain stuns him. Tarathon goes outside and starts to heal Mord while Caelumia is attacking him. Szrael sleeps Tara and moves him to the herbalist. They both come back in and start preaching again, Tarathon says he's going to report, a reasonable conversation sprouts, no one else attacks anyone else.

Tara wasn't slept because he was healing for free, he was slept because he was interfering in a conflict. It would have been a lot easier to sleep him when he started to heal if that was actually anyone's aim, which it wasn't.

Mordiazi just arrived.
Mordiazi takes a seat.
Mordiazi clears his throat.
Mordiazi says, "Healing please."
Hummel leaps to his feet!
Tarathon just arrived.
Hummel just touched Mordiazi.
Hummel says to Mordiazi, "1 gold"
Mordiazi chuckles at Hummel.
Raising his voice slightly, Hummel reports Mordiazi for violating guild hospitality.
Mordiazi casually observes the area.
You ask Hummel, "What did he do?"
You say, "That last fellow called you a doggy-man or something."
Caelumia says, "Woof."
Hummel says, "Who are we talking about"
You point at Mordiazi.
Mordiazi asks, "Excuse me?"
You say, "I was asking why Hummel wanted you removed."
Mordiazi asks, "Me?"
You say, "I was asking him but I indicated you by pointing."
Mordiazi laughs!
You fix Hummel with a cold, reptilian stare.
Hummel gazes at you.
Mordiazi says, "I'm just here for healing, then remove me all you'd like."
Caelumia says to Mordiazi, "I think they want money."
You say, "Well, I wanted to know why."
You say, "Before I do such a thing."
Hummel says, "Don't"
Mordiazi says, "I could go to Dira'ela Arthianna back at home but I don't feel like taking the ferry trip."
Hummel says, "No."
Caelumia says to Mordiazi, "You'd pay her."
You see Mordiazi Neus, an Elf.
Mordiazi has pointed ears and green eyes. His auburn hair is long and straight, and is worn tied back. He has fair skin.
He is young for an Elf.
He has a tattoo of the great Sana'ati Dyaus Drui'tas with the crest of the Izma Ru'ef University formed by the branches on his right wrist.
He has faint scuffing to the right arm, faint scuffing to the right leg, minor swelling and bruising around the left leg, faint scuffing to the right hand, faint scuffing to the chest, faint scuffing to the abdomen.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a high-collared formal robe fashioned from emerald green silk, a finely-crafted suit of field armor lined with soft lambswool, a lumpy bundle, a platinum jadeite gwethdesuan, a platinum kyanite gwethdesuan, an elegant spidersilk traveler's backpack, a dark silk sash embroidered with the crest of Zoluren, a dark cambrinth wristcuff with etched platinum music notes, a roughly-braided leather armband, a thigh bag, a hooded Elven hunting cloak with a forest green clasp etched with the Neus family crest, a claymore sheath and a suede gem pouch.
Mordiazi scratches his head.
Tarathon asks, "Who needs healing?"
You say to Mordiazi, "I think Hummel said he would heal you for one gold."
Mordiazi asks, "Pay who?"
Hummel says, "I warned him for laughing that I asked for payment."
Mordiazi says, "I do."
Mordiazi nods to Tarathon.
Caelumia says to Mordiazi, "Arthianna."
Tarathon says, "sure thing Mord"
Tarathon lays his hand on Mordiazi's arm.
Caelumia frowns at Tarathon.
Tarathon says, "I'll try my best"
Mordiazi says, "Thank you, Dira'ela." (Ouch, he doesn't even look to see what kind of Empath it is!)
Caelumia says to Tarathon, "Your guildmates are attempting to make a living."
Mordiazi says, "I'll sing a song to sooth you."
You grimace.
Caelumia asks Tarathon, "Are you really so disrespectful?"
Tarathon says, "Money doesn't make me live."
Tarathon says, "I breath, I eat, I drink..that's how i live."
Caelumia says, "Food costs money."
Caelumia says, "Continued breathing after you die also costs money."
Tarathon says, "I am usually tipped."
Mordiazi says, "Looks like Dira'ela Tarathon is fullfilling her oath to treat the sick and wounded." (Tee hee! Way to actually treat Empaths like people.)
Caelumia asks, "And wouldn't it be nice if you were paid?"
Mordiazi grins.
Caelumia asks, "What oath?"
You say, "Tipping is something you give in addition to payment."
Caelumia asks you, "You guys took an oath?"
Wierdwood says, "Money will buy me a new cloak, if I can ever find one I like."
You say, "No oath here."
Mordiazi says, "Dira'ila...my apologies." (Burn!)
Tarathon says, "Pay? For an ability the gods have bestowed upon me? No, I think not."
You grimace.
Caelumia says, "The gods didn't bestow anything on you."
Caelumia says, "Empathy isn't divine."
You say, "Everyone is born with Empathy."
Caelumia nods.
Tarathon asks, "Everyone?"
Caelumia says, "Even berks like me."
Caelumia says, "Yep."
You say, "Everyone."
Tarathon ponders.
Mordiazi lays his hand on Caelumia's arm.
Mordiazi says, "Wierd...can't heal you."
You say, "Harming deadens your sensitivity."
Wierdwood points at Caelumia.
Caelumia says, "Supernatural Empathy is an inborn gift. Most learn to suppress it. Empaths go the opposite direction. Shock is caused when you try to harm something and your suppression reflex kicks in."
Raising your voice, you notify the guild of Mordiazi's violation of guild hospitality. A polite young woman enters the room, whispers something to Mordiazi, and leaves.
Wierdwood says, "Berk"
Hummel says, "I'm pretty sure I walked into this guild and said "Make me an empath". No Gods included."
Tarathon says, "I don't share all of your cynicism, I'm sorry for that."
Mordiazi says, "Though you are pretty, so the touching was worth it."
Mordiazi asks, "Should I try again?"
Mordiazi smiles at Caelumia.
Caelumia says, "This isn't cynicism, it's reality."
Caelumia peers quizzically at Mordiazi.
Caelumia puts her cookies in her suede haversack.
Caelumia puts her stone in her suede haversack.
Caelumia grabs Mordiazi and drags him out with her.
You arch your eyebrow.
Tarathon says, "Oh man"
Attendant Tarathon just went out.
You peer out and see ...
[The Crossing, Magen Road]
The whitewashed building before you is stark and functional. A sign mounted on it is hand painted and carved with cunning skill. White-robed figures and all manner of injured and infirm people stream in and out of a double door, leaving thin trails of blood on the spotless pavement. You also see a town guard, a grumpy Shadow Servant, a wide arch and a large wooden barrel.
Also here: Attendant Tarathon, a stunned Mordiazi who is sitting, Fateweaver Caelumia.
Obvious paths: east, south, west.
You say, "Oh."
You gaze out.
o
The whitewashed building before you is stark and functional. A sign mounted on it is hand painted and carved with cunning skill. White-robed figures and all manner of injured and infirm people stream in and out of a double door, leaving thin trails of blood on the spotless pavement. You also see a shaggy mutt, a town guard, a grumpy Shadow Servant, a wide arch and a large wooden barrel.
Also here: Attendant Tarathon, a stunned Mordiazi who is sitting, Fateweaver Caelumia.
Caelumia says, "Oh shush, I'm not hurting him, just teaching him a lesson about touching ladies."
Caelumia gestures at Mordiazi.
A flicker of yellow light envelops Mordiazi!
Mordiazi stops dead in his tracks and rapidly blinks his eyes.
Mordiazi slowly tips over and falls down.
Caelumia gestures at Mordiazi.
A flicker of yellow light envelops Mordiazi!
ordiazi stops dead in his tracks and rapidly blinks his eyes.
You make casual circles in the air with the tip of your tail.
prep hl
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
You gesture at Tarathon.
You link your heart's rhythm to Tarathon, and feel his heart shudder as its natural beat is forced to match your own.
Caelumia's fingers waggle in small, simple movements as she prepares a spell.
prep nb
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
Caelumia gestures at Tarathon.
A flicker of yellow light envelops Tarathon!
Tarathon stops dead in his tracks and rapidly blinks his eyes.
Caelumia chortles softly at some secret joke.
go doo
[Empaths' Guild, Main Room]
This is the headquarters of the Empaths' Guild. Here healers both novice and experienced gather to share techniques, methods, the latest information on healing, transferring and application of herbs. There is a small but modern library to the east. You also see a longsword, a stuffed cougar, an Empath donation shelf with some stuff on it, a bucket of viscous gloop, some smoothly worked stairs of golden oak and an Empath renown scroll.
Also here: Battle Empath Raenue, Chief Surgeon Hummel, Chantilbe, Wierdwood, Vermire, Tourniquet Carington who is sitting, Ghost Xannder, Celestian Oban, Tuulszeldi, Kirmiko Chaporal, Tydalor, Kujia who is sitting, Allergic.
Obvious exits: northeast, east, west, down, out.
You harness fifteen mana.
Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.
o
The whitewashed building before you is stark and functional. A sign mounted on it is hand painted and carved with cunning skill. White-robed figures and all manner of injured and infirm people stream in and out of a double door, leaving thin trails of blood on the spotless pavement. You also see a town guard, a grumpy Shadow Servant, a wide arch and a large wooden barrel.
Also here: Ghost Spookey, Pickpocket Swyndle, a stunned Attendant Tarathon, a stunned Mordiazi who is lying down, Fateweaver Caelumia.
Caelumia says to Tarathon, "That's for being a tool that people -use-."
Cartographer Caale just arrived.
Cartographer Caale just went south.
Caelumia stops teaching.
Tarathon teeters and nearly falls over.
Fateweaver Caelumia went through a double door.
You gesture.
You feel Tarathon fall under the effects of your spell.
drag tara w
You grab Tarathon and drag him west with you . . .
[The Crossing, Flamethorn Way]
Trellises woven of strips of wicker and cane cover the front of the Herbalist's Shop here. Vines cling gratefully to the walls, their tendrils seeking ever-tighter grips around the crosspieces of the trellises. Ivy, morning glory, honeysuckle, jasmine and leafy green creepers all compete in the upward race for light and moisture, making the facade of the shop look more like an ancient ruin than the thriving and busy trade it is. You also see a shaggy mutt.
Also here: a stunned Attendant Tarathon who is sleeping.
Obvious paths: north, east.
drag tara shop
You grab Tarathon and drag him with you . . .
[Mauriga's Botanicals, Salesroom]
The clean, pungent scents of herbs, medicinal plants and dried flowers envelop you in the cheerful, soothing salesroom. Mauriga the Botanist beams at you as she arranges bunches of stalks, leaves, roots and seeds hanging from cedar racks overhead in order to dry or concentrate their potent properties. She sniffs at a vase filled with fragrant jadice flowers, picks the freshest one, and offers it to you. You are sure her potions, salves and herbs must be of the highest quality. You also see a wooden pedestal with a catalog on it, a carpeted stair and a carved sandalwood counter.
Also here: a stunned Attendant Tarathon who is sleeping.
Obvious exits: out.
You say, "I wouldn't want you to be run over or any such thing."
You say, "Here you should be safe enough."
Tarathon mumbles something in his sleep.
[Empaths' Guild, Main Room]
This is the headquarters of the Empaths' Guild. Here healers both novice and experienced gather to share techniques, methods, the latest information on healing, transferring and application of herbs. There is a small but modern library to the east. You also see a grumpy Shadow Servant, a longsword, a stuffed cougar, an Empath donation shelf with some stuff on it, a bucket of viscous gloop, some smoothly worked stairs of golden oak and an Empath renown scroll.
Also here: Fateweaver Caelumia, Battle Empath Raenue, Chantilbe, Wierdwood, Vermire, Tourniquet Carington who is sitting, Ghost Xannder, Celestian Oban, Tuulszeldi, Kirmiko Chaporal, Tydalor, Kujia who is sitting, Allergic.
Obvious exits: northeast, east, west, down, out.
Caelumia asks, "Touch me without permission? Really?"
Caelumia asks, "In what delusion is that a good idea?"
Caelumia exclaims, "Ridiculous!"
You gesture at Caelumia.
Soft waves of a gentle, warm peach color flicker around her.
You sense the spell is not as effective since you're casting it on another.
Mordiazi just arrived.
You gesture at Hummel.
Soft waves of a gentle, warm peach color flicker around him.
You sense the spell is not as effective since you're casting it on another.
Caelumia's fingers waggle in small, simple movements as she prepares a spell.
Caelumia says, "Oh I know you didn't just come back to say something sassy to me."
Caelumia grabs Mordiazi's arm and drags him out with her.
You have left your group.
Fateweaver Caelumia just arrived.
Caelumia says, "How dare he."
You harness ten mana. (+9-10)
Vermire glances at Caelumia.
You harness ten mana. (+17-20)
Caelumia says, "I should gut him."
You gesture.
You feel completely spent as your life force pours into the land.
Defaulting to GROUP disband. Type DISBAND HELP for more info.
Hummel nods at Caelumia, obviously agreeing with her views.
Wierdwood says, "The eternal memory of the sensation of feeling your skin, freckles included, may be worth stealing a touch. But I'll remember to watch my mouth. I like my guts inside."
Swyndle says, "i took care of it"
Swyndle nods.
Caelumia says, "Thanks for that."
Mordiazi just arrived.
Caelumia says to Wierdwood, "Aren't you a poetic one."
Wierdwood says, "I prefer well spoken."
Swyndle asks you, "might i ask where the 'disobiedent' empath went?"
Caelumia says, "I don't know about disobedient. The maddening superiority and ignorance to his own powers was something else, though."
Mordiazi says, "Still need some scars taken if anyone is willing? Though be forewarned...apparently if you use your gifts one of these things may drag you out."
Caelumia says to you, "I'm glad these aren't -my- students."
You say, "Empaths who decline tips because they want to are one thing I think."
Attendant Tarathon just arrived.
You say, "But all that nonsense about divine callings and gifts and so on is just ridiculous."
Mordiazi says, "Dira'ila...good to see you have returned to your own guildhall."
Vermire says, "This is a time of revelations both petty and sublime."
Tarathon whispers, "I will be reporting you."
You say, "And your ignorance of the nature of Empathy is shameful."
Tarathon nods to you.
Wierdwood says, "I wish I had half the magic Caelumia did, he'd regret calling good people things."
Caelumia says, "I'm glad Empaths are finally getting enough self-respect to charge more often frankly. Your Khaloen have done it for years."
You feel the surge of energy within you ebb away.
>ooc tara At least try to remain in character.
You whisper to Tarathon.
Tarathon whispers, "In character? You are inhibiting my ability to play my character and do my job, therefore, you will be reported."
Caelumia nods to Chantilbe.
>ooc tara Your character chose to antagonize someone and involve himself in someone else's conflict. That's your choice. If you dislike the consequences you can easily remove your character from the situation by going elsewhere.
You whisper to Tarathon.
Caelumia begins to lecture Chantilbe on the proper use of the Evasion skill.
Caelumia asks, "Any war mages here?"
Tarathon whispers, "that's not my problem. Mord needed healing, and I am obliged to help, whatever else he is involved it is not of my concern, you INVOLVED me, you dragged me."
Tarathon winks at Mordiazi.
Swyndle stands up.
>ooc tara I actually prevented you from being run over by passing caravans. But you know.
You whisper to Tarathon.
Tarathon whispers, "let's not be ridiculous ok, there's a line between being in character and being annoying."
Mordiazi pats Tarathon on the shoulder appreciatively and offers him a tip.
Tarathon accepts Mordiazi's tip and slips it away.
Tarathon says, "Thank you for your tip Mordiazi"
Mordiazi gets a rotting driftwood box from inside his traveler's backpack.
Mordiazi offers Tarathon a rotting driftwood box.
Tarathon accepts Mordiazi's driftwood box.
Tarathon puts his box in his backpack.
Mordiazi says, "Two boxes too."
Mordiazi gets a misshaped ironwood box from inside his traveler's backpack.
Tarathon says, "Oh thank you"
Mordiazi offers Tarathon a misshaped ironwood box.
Tarathon accepts Mordiazi's ironwood box.
Tarathon puts his box in his backpack.
Mordiazi leaps to his feet!
Mordiazi bows to Tarathon.
Tarathon asks, "Is everyone calm now?"
Vermire says, "You may have mistaken casual malice for aggitation."
Tarathon says, "Guess so, all that sugar, now they're sleeping."
Caelumia asks, "Sugar?"
Caelumia gets a bag of butter cookies from inside her suede haversack.
Caelumia takes a bite of the cookies.
You angle your tail downward and then deliberately flick it insultingly at Tarathon. Hmph!
Caelumia says, "Not so much sugar."
You say, "Malice. Hst."
You squint at Vermire.
Vermire asks you, "Am I wrong?"
Caelumia says, "I don't see much malice in here until people start acting offended at the notion of paying an Empath."
You say, "I think as far as malice goes, anesthetiszing someone and then moving them to a safe area is rather low on the list."
Tarathon says, "If a fellow Empath wishes to charge then that is fine, but no one should take offense if someone declines that option. "
Vermire says to Caelumia, "You cannot give dignity to a donkey. If they wish to wallow in servitude and charity, you shall not raise them."
Caelumia says, "I think implying you're better than someone else because you choose not to charge is sort of rude, personally."
You say, "I do take offense when you spout foolish misinformation."
Caelumia looks at Vermire and shrugs.
You snort derisively.
Caelumia says to Vermire, "You're right, of course."
Tarathon says, "If that's how you see it, then that's how you see it."
Mordiazi says, "Well...some one was saying that EVERYONE has the ability. So I tested that theory. And it was wrong..."
Mordiazi shrugs.
Tarathon says, "I don't think i'm beter, nor do I care if you charge fifty gold for a heal."
You say, "Not has. Had."
Mordiazi gets a mildewy ironwood box from inside his traveler's backpack.
The translucent sphere around you suddenly pops like a soap bubble.
Mordiazi puts a mildewy ironwood box on an Empath donation shelf.
Caelumia says to Mordiazi, "Everyone is born with Empathy, yes."
Vermire asks Mordiazi, "Do you truly believe it is wise to mock a concept you do not fully understand?"
You say, "You have lost your sensitivity because you exist by constantly harming."
Tarathon asks, "Why could he not understand the concept Vermire? Because he's not an Empath, what about simple compassion?"
Mordiazi asks, "I couldn't heal you for some reason. You must mean that I can "Understand where you're coming from.", right?"
Caelumia says, "No. Supernatural Empathy is something all are born with."
Hummel nods at Caelumia, obviously agreeing with her views.
Mordiazi puts his armor in his traveler's backpack.
Caelumia says, "I even explained the concept of a suppression reflex. You are either stupid or pretending to be to irritate people."
You say, "No, every person begins with some Empathic sensitivity. You have lost yours, because you kill and harm."
Vermire says to Tarathon, "Compassion has surprisingly little to do with being an Empath."
Mordiazi says, "Ah..."
Caelumia says, "It's a blessing, or a curse if you wish, handed down from the First Empaths."
Caelumia says, "The story is quite fascinating."
Tarathon asks, "I see that Vermire, what about being a person?"
Caelumia says, "At least what we know of it."
You say, "And yet most Empaths know almost nothing about it."
Hummel asks, "A Curse?"
You snort derisively.
Hummel asks, "No?"
Mordiazi says, "When I was only 20 and attending the Izma Ru'ef...have yet to kill anything, don't remember being able to take anyone's wounds."
Caelumia says, "I choose to treat Empaths as equals - worthy of every consideration I would give to, say, a fellow Moon Mage. That includes compensating them for their abilities if I choose to use them."
Caelumia says, "The Empathy required to, say, heal a person comes with refinement. Empaths go the other direction."
Tarathon nods to Mordiazi.
Tarathon says, "Times have changed."
Vermire asks Tarathon, "What about being a person? Are you referring to the belief that you have some intrinsic value, or speaking on a more communal scale?"
Caelumia says, "Normal people suppress it. They usually begin to do so at a very young age."
Mordiazi ponders.
Caelumia shrugs.
Caelumia says, "The Khaloen have -always- charged for healing to my knowledge, and I recall Empaths years and years ago trying to do the same in here."
Wierdwood says, "I remember the strike."
Caelumia says, "The perceptions of the community have become more positive toward Empaths that charge."
Caelumia says, "Which is a very good thing."
Mordiazi asks, "So the skills gained...better empathic skills. Could I charge an empath because my wounds are enabling them to grow in strength and expertise?"
Mordiazi rubs his nose.
You say, "No, healing is the smallest part of Empathy."
Mordiazi ponders.
You say, "It isn't even the best way to become more Empathic."
Vermire says to Mordiazi, "It'd be a grand experiment, though I imagine it's a buyer's marker."
You say, "Well, perhaps not smallest."
Hummel points at Mordiazi.
You say, "But it is...only the most obvious."
Mordiazi asks, "What are the other ways?"
Hummel says to Mordiazi, "I gain nothing by healing you."
Storyteller Craemlorak just arrived.
Storyteller Craemlorak went down some smoothly worked stairs of golden oak.
Mordiazi takes a seat.
You say, "I can feel the life essences of all living things around me."
Mordiazi leans back.
Tarathon shakes his head.
Caelumia says, "Manipulate the emotions of others."
Caelumia gazes off to the northeast.
Caelumia says, "...Shift."
Caelumia whistles a merry tune.
You grunt at Caelumia.
You make casual circles in the air with the tip of your tail.
Tarathon says, "I shall speak with my friend Kattandra of this matter."
Tarathon says, "She will know of the truth."
Caelumia asks, "Truth about what?"
Hummel says, "Then go speak with her"
You say, "Kattandra is not particularly bright."
You snort, loudly.
Tarathon says, "That's insulting."
You say, "She wouldn't know the truth if it was sold as a rosette at a faire."
Mordiazi asks, "So, what other ways do you learn your craft? And do you charge them or whatever so that you can learn using those methods as well?"
You say to Mordiazi, "The best way is by perceiving life essences."
Hummel says, "It's insulting, it's also true."
Wierdwood says, "I always went to Tolena with questions about Empaths, she seemed to have good answers."
Tarathon asks, "Szrael, why are you such a jack ass?"
You fix Tarathon with a cool gaze, thoughts running quickly through your mind.
Tarathon says, "Just out of sheer curiosity"
Hummel gazes at Tarathon.
Excite says, "She isnt a jackass you just dont get her"
Hummel says, "Because she's right,"
Excite shrugs.
Caelumia asks, "Do you think antagonizing her in such a way is going to show off your worth and value as a compassionate person?"
Caelumia says, "Just curious."
Vermire says to Mordiazi, "They charge out of a presumption that their time is valuable enough to deserve it."
Hummel holds hands with Caelumia.
Tarathon asks, "She's right, Hummel how long have you been in Elanthia?"
Mordiazi says, "Now, don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with anyone charging up front. But if Tarathon, or anyone else decides that they would rather just take a tip...or perhaps even do it for free. He should be able to without any adverse effects."
Hummel says, "Since Sorrows war."
You say to Mordiazi, "If he had kept silent instead of ignorantly preaching to us, perhaps so."
You say, "His ignorance is more irritating than his misguided charity."
Tarathon says, "I'm not preaching, you're preaching."
Tarathon says, "I don't care what you do"
Mordiazi says, "Also, someone refusing to pay the fee and get healing from someone else should be able to do it without any adverse effect."
Tarathon says, "But don't expect me to blindly follow you, like some silly automaton."
Caelumia asks Mordiazi, "Put it this way. I can learn Astrology in a lot of different ways. One of these is by making CJs. Why should I give CJs away for free simply because I learn a little bit while making them?"
Caelumia asks Mordiazi, "Would you demand a free gweth or CJ simply because I learn a little bit?"
You say, "I do expect you to know your craft, which you clearly do not."
Tarathon says, "Wahhhhhh"
Tarathon looks at you and suddenly starts crying!
Wierdwood says, "I demand a CJ."
Caelumia sticks out her tongue at Wierdwood and lets loose with a loud, "Thbtbtbt" from her lips!
Caelumia says, "I'll CJ your face, kiddo."
Mordiazi asks, "Are the materials free, Dira'ela?"
You fix Tarathon with a cold, reptilian stare.
Mordiazi raises an eyebrow in Caelumia's direction.
Wierdwood says, "Probably quite well."
Caelumia says, "For me? Usually."
Caelumia says, "Generally? Not so much"
You say, "You are demonstrating my point better than I could myself."
Mordiazi says, "Well...you have a market and you can charge what you can afford and what that market affords."
Caelumia says, "But I can tell you Moon Mages do make a killing off of CJs and Gweths, and it's because they take skill and time to make."
Tarathon asks, "I know, isn't it great, when you try to speak elegantly and intelligently to someone and they just go down to baby talk..goo goo ga ga? Isn't that just...agitating?"
Excite asks, "what ever happened to that puff that thought she was a cat?"
Caelumia asks Mordiazi, "And what's wrong with them trying to make a market?"
Tarathon scoffs.
Mordiazi says, "Also in that market are people who make them for their friends, family or just to be nice."
Caelumia says, "That's fine. Not the same thing."
Vermire says to Tarathon, "Irritating? Heavens, no. I'm fascinated in what we are learning about you."
Tarathon says, "I'd like to think we're a kind breed, Empath, but perhaps not any longer."
You say, "We're no breed at all."
You say, "That's a ridiculous notion."
Caelumia says, "Moonard wants to make free gweths for his buddies? Go for it. I do it all the time. Moonard wants to give free gweths to everyone and gweth about how the rest of us are greedy and selfish and bad people? He better sleep with one eye open because he'll get his throat slit."
Mordiazi says, "If Tara wants to use his skill to heal for a tip or for free, he has that right as Hodierna's servant."
Tarathon says, "Mord's right."
Caelumia says, "Same thing happened with unbend sigils years ago actually."
Tarathon says, "And Hummel can charge 10 gold, if it suits him."
Caelumia says, "Some berk started giving masters away for almost nothing, and he got killed. A lot."
Mordiazi says, "YOU or anyone else in here, on the other hand, do not have that right to tell him he's wrong and punish him. No more than you don't have a right to charge what you want or up front or whatever."
Caelumia says, "No one did."
Vermire says to Mordiazi, "Hodierna's servants are the Clerics, coincidentally. Empathy has no spiritual component."
Caelumia says, "The only issue was the attitude."
You say to Mordiazi, "I prevented him from interfering in an ongoing conflict."
You shrug.
Medicine Woman Relindel just arrived.
Tarathon asks, "I'm pretty sure I went outside to heal Mord and Szrael, correct me if I'm wrong but you put me to sleep and dragged me away?"
Mordiazi says, "He can. But he can't be upset when no one accepts his healing."
Caelumia says, "Empaths are people, they should be treated like bloody people."
Tarathon says, "Is that correct or am I just making that up? Cause I gotta tell ya, being asleep for five minutes was simply glorious."
Hummel says, "Szrael can put you to sleep anytime she wants."
Hummel says, "You can react to that accordingly"
Caelumia says, "I didn't see her sleep anyone but I was too busy chain-stunning this berk over here."
Tarathon says, "Wow hummel, way to go."
Mordiazi says, "They are people. They can charge, not charge, accept tips...just like other people can do what they want."
You say, "Yes, I slept him and moved him to safety."
Caelumia says to Mordiazi, "It's all about attitude."
You say, "Because he was in the middle of healing someone that Caelumia was attacking."
Tarathon asks, "Caelumia, if it's about attitude...can we do a little exercise then?"
Caelumia says to Mordiazi, "It would be really nice to see Empaths have enough respect for their guildmates not to interrupt and go 'oh, well I'll heal you for free because charging is wrong" but that's too much to ask."
Caelumia says, "No, I'd rather we not. And frankly, if seniority is what you care about? Tyler agrees with Szrael."
Mordiazi says, "The only attitude I saw put on display were you and your friends. And the..."You're hurting your guildmates!" line that was thrown out there."
Excite says, "so what im hearing here, Szrael saved Tarathon"
Tarathon asks, "Hummel, I walk into the guild, and I require healing, how does the transaction go between you and i?"
Caelumia says, "Tyler is about as elder as you get in this guild not counting the Khaloen."
Hummel says, "Depends"
Caelumia says, "If we're -really- playing those cards."
Hummel just touched Tarathon.
Hummel says, "In this case."
Hummel says, "2 plat."
Vermire says to Mordiazi, "I do not believe the issue is so much about an Empath who consciously chooses to heal for free, insomuch as an Empath who blunders into a despite, cites oaths and god-bothering that do not exist, and cannot argue his case without hysterics."
Vermire says to Mordiazi, "All in all, an incredible evening of entertainment."
Tarathon asks, "so that's how you say it...2 plat?"
Hummel says, "Or you can find another."
Mordiazi nods to Vermire.
Hummel says, "Yes thats how I say it."
Caelumia says, "I've honestly never seen either Hummel or Szrael let someone just bleed out."
Mordiazi says, "It is."
Hummel says, "You ask for healing."
Hummel says, "I touch you,"
Tarathon asks, "I see, and how do some peopel come in here, asking for healing..do they do it graciously, or do it rudely?"
Caelumia says, "I have seen them stabilize a patient before asking for coin to finish them up."
You say, "I'll bind someone to prevent them from -- yes."
You say, "That's always free."
You hum cheerfully to yourself.
Caelumia says, "Most people ask kind of rudely, from what I've seen sitting here."
Hummel says, "Hes all scars,"
Tarathon says, "Ok, so if it's about attitude, what you've shown me, is curtness, and rudeness, not, compassion and willing to help."
Caelumia says, "Someone comes to my guild and demands a locate like that I'll probably cast TKS and tell them to run, quickly."
You say, "Hmm."
Mordiazi says, "And I so no, and get another healer or die. My choice, you don't make it for me. Your choice is what to charge or if you even want to heal to begin with."
Tarathon asks, "I have friends who when they enter the empath guild, they graciously ask if someone is available and if they can assist at their earliest convenience?"
Tarathon says, "A nice question, met with. 2 plat..now..take it or leave it."
You say, "I don't think we'd be having a conversation if this fellow hadn't started spouting off misinformation as if it were truth."

-- Player of Szrael --

You grip the oversized book hanging from your leather belt and survey the area with a hint of malice in your eyes.

With a violent cross-body motion, you draw your oversized book.
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 01:06 PM CDT
Ehhhhhhhh a bit over the top

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 01:55 PM CDT
>>Caelumia takes Mord out and chain stuns him.

Good thing you can do this with Dazzle, AMIRITE?

~Nitish

You hear the voice of Edgee ask, "Do we have a plan, knowing they're listening?"

You say, "the plan is to not have a plan for them to listen to."
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 02:05 PM CDT
>>Good thing you can do this with Dazzle, AMIRITE?

Hey, if you got it.

I think CL and BS are cheap, but I don't expect WMs and Thieves to not use them in battle.

I just cry myself to sleep at night instead.

-- Player of Szrael --
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 02:10 PM CDT
>>Hey, if you got it, you'll probably get it nerfed for everyone by using it like that.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/huldahspal/flyingcompany.png
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 02:10 PM CDT
>Good thing you can do this with Dazzle, AMIRITE?

if you guys keep firing these snipes at each other, what hax will we have left? It isn't like any of you have halos above your head. The nerf-fest can happen at lightning speed sometimes, and cause a chain reaction. Next thing you know, you'll be screaming at the havoc you've brought on yourself.
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 02:13 PM CDT
>>Hey, if you got it, you'll probably get it nerfed for everyone by using it like that.

If it's overpowered then it should be nerfed. I just think that expecting people not to use an overpowered ability is sort of silly.

-- Player of Szrael --
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 02:24 PM CDT
First I must say I have an immense amount of respect for both Caelumia and Szrael (and their respective players). However, both have a tendency to become somewhat overbearing at the first hint of anyone disagreeing with them. While I do find myself agreeing with them more often than not, in this case it was a matter of personal opinion, so there was no right or wrong.

Personally, I feel that both of their actions towards Tarathon (and only Tarathon) were inappropriate. What was mistaken for ignorance or preaching was someone sticking to how they wish to RP their character, and both were trying to force Tarathon to play it their way. I am 100% behind Empaths sticking up for themselves and charging upfront if they wish, but don't force opinions on others. They have just as much right to speak their views as anyone else does.

Sure Tarathon's healing interrupted Caelumia's conflict, but Caelumia's conflict interrupted Tarathon's healing. If you want to RP looking down on someone for not charging upfront, then by all means, thats great RP. But at least acknowledge you are being a jerk about it and do not take it so serious. You two are both awesome, but seriously, not everyone in this game plays to find conflict. Some go out of their way to avoid it. Live and let live.

I know people in IRL that are absolutely amazing graphical artists, yet they insist it is not something they earned through practice, but "God's gift" to them. I personally find that a joke, but I respect their opinion nonetheless.

Now... with all that said... Caelumia, I love how you handled that first guy who came in and just ignored repeated offers by spamming "Heal me!". Your quote about being the enforcer had me near rolling on the floor! Truly worthy of being put in someone's signature. Kudos!

Murithi
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 02:40 PM CDT
>>Personally, I feel that both of their actions towards Tarathon (and only Tarathon) were inappropriate.

Certainly it was mean to sleep Tarathon and drag him to the herbalist's. But the whole point is, that he wasn't slept just to stop him from healing for free, nor was he dragged out of the Empath guild, which is what Mordiazi's player claimed.

In the end, he wasn't even prevented from healing. I just object to this "empath gestapo" idea. Tarathon was slept because he was interfering with Caelumia's attacks on Mordiazi. He wasn't immediately slept for attempting to heal for free, nor was he even in the end prevented from healing. None of the Empaths said anything about his actions until he started saying that charging for healing is blasphemous.

>> What was mistaken for ignorance or preaching was someone sticking to how they wish to RP their character

The thing is, his character was ignorant and was preaching, and did have pretty much all of the lore of Empathy totally wrong. That's fine , if he wants to play his character that way it's his right, but he had no call to dictate how other people react to his character. Szrael is still going to call him an ignorant nitwit, and if he continually insults her and calls her a "jack ass" then she might eventually take other measures. I think most of the worst insults in that log were actually lobbed by Tarathon.

Mordiazi also apparently came there specifically to antagonize the the Empaths who (rightfully) threw out Mlarn, as he later admitted. I don't think the victims here are especially blameless, is all.

-- Player of Szrael --
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 02:51 PM CDT
This is pretty epic.

I like how sometimes "this is how I RP my character" comes with the assertion "and so I should be allowed to do whatever I want with impunity."

Tarathon fails deeply, in ways completely unrelated to charging/not charging for Empathic healing.

Still not playing my Empath.
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 02:52 PM CDT
>>Mordiazi just arrived.
Mordiazi takes a seat.
Mordiazi says, "Healing please."
Hummel leaps to his feet!
Tarathon just arrived.
Hummel just touched Mordiazi.
Hummel says to Mordiazi, "1 gold"
Mordiazi chuckles at Hummel.
Raising his voice slightly, Hummel reports Mordiazi for violating guild hospitality.<<

All Mord did was ask for healing, and chuckled at him/her because she tried to charge him and it was far less than my character normally ever tips. Yet...that's breaking guild hospitality.

Though the Moon mage drug me out (after he made a point about not being able to heal...though it was claimed they all have the ability to). Then the Empath who was trying to heal him got put to sleep and around Crossings.

Exactly what I said happened.

Should I expect to have to have my characters remain motionless and/or have other visitors drag me around (oh, and they are so very accepted, no breaking of guild hospitality there)..in order to get healing.

Maybe characters who come for healing shouldn't even speak...and just hope to get noticed for fear of being treated like dirt?

Again, is that acceptable for your guild hall? Is that what I should expect? That I need to send my characters to Leth to get healed instead of to other characters?
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 02:53 PM CDT
>>All Mord did was ask for healing, and chuckled at him/her because she tried to charge him and it was far less than my character normally ever tips. Yet...that's breaking guild hospitality.

You selectively left out the part in the log where you whispered him something pretty insulting and then he removed you

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 02:58 PM CDT
You selectively read what you wanted to and didn't notice that Mord didn't whisper anything to anyone.

Don't worry about it, I've done that myself.
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 03:03 PM CDT
>>Yet...that's breaking guild hospitality.

It was sort of rude. And yet, you remained, because none of the other Empaths present felt it was enough to kick you out (even the evil Szrael, leader of the rumored Empath Gestapo).

Your character was clearly there to antagonize. He wasn't engaging in a nice debate, he was ignorantly blathering on about oaths and gods and Empaths as the servants of Hodierna.

If Hummel's fee was so low, also, why didn't your character just accept it and pay it? The chuckling at him did seem rude to me, but if it was, as you say, because the fee was too low, why not accept his offer and pay him, or accept his offer and then pay him more?

>>You selectively left out the part in the log where you whispered him something pretty insulting and then he removed you

I think that was the last guy. At least, Hummel didn't tell me if Mord whispered something insulting. I belive it was Mlarn who was the rude-whisperer.

-- Player of Szrael --
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 03:16 PM CDT
>>Next thing you know, you'll be screaming at the havoc you've brought on yourself.

Subtle

GENT
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 03:44 PM CDT
I won't claim Cael wasn't being a jerk in that log, because she kind of was.

Mordiazi was relatively cool about the whole thing, chain stuns and all. I really don't have any issues with him. I even PIRPed him by the end of the night.

Tarathon being a nutbar puts him on my badtouch list however.

Rev. Reene

"When a thing seals itself against its own destruction, it merely dies a different death. All things have a common ground in decay. War is necessary. Death is necessary. Decay is necessary."
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 05:46 PM CDT
>>Though the Moon mage drug me out (after he made a point about not being able to heal...though it was claimed they all have the ability to). Then the Empath who was trying to heal him got put to sleep and around Crossings.

if you read the empath lore it will tell you how EVERYONE starts out with the ability to heal, empaths simply fine tune it. that by inflicting harm it is deadened. that was what was being explained, but i think it is hard to understand that if you dont want to.

>>Maybe characters who come for healing shouldn't even speak...and just hope to get noticed for fear of being treated like dirt?

>>Again, is that acceptable for your guild hall? Is that what I should expect? That I need to send my characters to Leth to get healed instead of to other characters?

yes. please.
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 06:07 PM CDT
People don't start out with the ability to heal - that comes with refinement. They do start out with supernatural Empathy.

That he chose to run that way with it is not entirely surprising but it's also not what was said in that log.

Rev. Reene

"When a thing seals itself against its own destruction, it merely dies a different death. All things have a common ground in decay. War is necessary. Death is necessary. Decay is necessary."
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 06:10 PM CDT
>That he chose to run that way with it is not entirely surprising but it's also not what was said in that log.

This. It was obvious from what you were saying to him that you did not mean "you can heal too if you want", but for some reason he acted like that's what you said and decided to be a smartass about it...
Re: Mean Empaths - Mordiazi and Tarathon - LONG 06/08/2009 06:10 PM CDT
sorry. i realized after i posted that i was using empathy wrong but was too slow to go back to fix it.