Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Along with the Fancy Gear You Give Your New Alt 03/31/2009 09:29 AM CDT
>>If I remember correctly, it's much simpler than a comprehensive cross-check of skills to calculate circle based on profession. It's more like...

Highest skill < 500 ranks = free healing
Highest skill > 500 ranks = monthly fee<<

>>I added in charging for my TF empath for a while because i got tired of paying a monthly fee for my empath and everyone else was using. Wanted something in return. I just had the script check the highest skill to put them in different tiers.

~ Highest skill is below 150 ranks FREE of charge
~ Highest skill is below 300 ranks 50 plat a month
~ Highest skill is below 500 ranks 100 plat a month
~ Highest skill is above 500 ranks 200 plat a month
~Price includes use of both me and Gator, trader services, and chatter controlled boat and Rezzing.<<

Doh, that's all cheating. You ruined the vision in my head of a script copying an EXP ALL and pasting it in a third party website and then recording the output and then refiguring it. :D

Highest skill, I can see.

>>with genie you have the technology<<

Starship Troopers reference?
Re: Along with the Fancy Gear You Give Your New Alt 03/31/2009 09:31 AM CDT
I totally agree that asking for payment up front is an excellent idea. People can then choose if they want to pay and be healed or not and go elsewhere. Its when we getting into tipping that problems with how much is enough and how little is insulting start to happen. Back to my original comments of tip opinions differ. Also, Szrael's ideas of payment are also unique and can lead to some pretty neat RP I'd imagine. Since some people tend to take our guild as the walking talking autopaths, its fair to expect payment. Telling someone up front doesn't leave room for patient tip confusion and angry empaths.
Re: Along with the Fancy Gear You Give Your New Alt 03/31/2009 10:59 AM CDT
>Saet is just that awesome

Saet is way too lazy to write a script like that. Not that he couldn't, just that he wouldn't.
Re: Along with the Fancy Gear You Give Your New Alt 03/31/2009 11:39 AM CDT
That's so true

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Along with the Fancy Gear You Give Your New Alt 04/17/2009 04:24 AM CDT
>>with genie you have the technology<<

<<Starship Troopers reference? >>

6 million dollar man.

we have the technology.
we can build him.
Re: Along with the Fancy Gear You Give Your New Alt 04/17/2009 09:36 AM CDT
I really think its up to each Empath... I only accept tips because I think its rude not to, and some people can be very persistent in making sure you get the tip one way or another. But I would NEVER ask for or expect a tip. I constantly tell people that a "thank you" is sufficient. I don't even charge for shifting, though i'll admit that the list of shifts I can perform is fairly limited. Regardless, i don't ever plan on charging for it. I don't care if there is some list going around that Empaths are supposed to base their fees off of, my healing/shifting services only require a smile and a thanks as payment.

95% of the money I get I wind up giving away in the form of gifts anyway, so what do I need the coin for? I know of a few people who use their Empath's kind of like Traders, making a rather large amount coin they distrubute to their other characters. Nothing wrong with that, but thats not me, nor do I want people to assume that I am like that just because there are some Empaths out there who are.

While I'm on my soap box: Who put the notion into people's heads that they should just calmly walk into the room, not say a word, and expect to be healed? I'm sorry, but if you do not specifically ask for healing you will never get it from me. I would never assume just because you enter an area where Empaths gather that you want healing. Some hang out there for social reasons, or for the classes. There are also a lot of people out there that do not want healing for one reason or another. Maybe they don't like empaths, maybe they don't like strangers touching them, maybe they have promised to donate their wounds to a specific healer... who knows? Point is: speak up!

Murithi
Re: Along with the Fancy Gear You Give Your New Alt 04/17/2009 01:35 PM CDT
I have two extremes. One: I'm feeling benevolent and when called to the cleric's guild or elsewhere, I show up, heal the person, and leave again, usually without saying a word to anyone because I'm a grumpy, antisocial dwarf. Two: I'm in the middle of healing someone, and another person comes up and asks/whispers if I can take their wounds "when I get a chance." I'll either demand payment up front in advance, or I'll tell them that I'm off duty immediately following my current patient.

I don't NEED the money. But there's been way too many times where not only did I NOT receive a tip, I didn't even get a "thank you." When there are far more efficient and effective ways to train empathy than I can achieve by healing people, I don't feel obligated in any way to spend my time or my skills on people who are not appreciative of the work I do. I've found most tips from players are insulting. There are exceptions, of course. But when I take your poison, your disease, and heal 9 bleeders that are severe or worse and get offered a small topaz...? I don't need that kind of "appreciation."

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page