Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: So it Begins 03/08/2009 12:57 PM CDT
Let me add to her question about GoL and ask how much mana is needed to effectively cast the spell. Sometimes the cost in mana for some spells just aren't worth the outcome.
Re: So it Begins 03/08/2009 01:09 PM CDT
>>Almost reminds me of the war mage guild.

Advanced guild, not noob guild.

~Thilan
Re: So it Begins 03/08/2009 01:09 PM CDT
>>Sprout, GoL, AD

I don't plan on ever having sprout, so I can't comment on it, but I use GoL and AD in combat.

I use GoL to train magic in combat. The stamina boost isn't terribly noticable but it's better than nothing, as Karthor mentioned.

I keep AD up with 25 mana held all the time when not training magic, and then when training magic, I prep AD, harness 15, cast. Prep GoL, charge cambrinth, cast. AD isn't constantly up, but this usually keeps balance varying between nimble and incredibly, which is the main reason I use AD at all.

After brawling is locked, keeping balance is a pain. I found that I couldn't survive in places where fighters (who can keep balance without tanking their mindstates) would be able to at similar ranks. So I finally got AD and worked it into my routine, but I doubt my use of it this way would be feasible if I wasn't using scripts for combat, because the machinations required to work a held mana spell into magic training in combat are kind of stupid.

As Karthor mentioned, one other nice thing about AD is that stuns can almost be ignored. The balance hit from a stun usually meant more stuns, or at least hits, then inability to retreat, which often led to being killed. Now I don't even have retreat most of the time, though if the wound caused bleeding I might stop and heal it.

This, plus keeping MaF/SoP up all the time, has allowed me to move to a hunting ground in which I really do not belong (but anything to get out of the RP wasteland that is M'riss...). I haven't died there yet, and I think a large part of this is due to AD.

I previously learned AD twice and forgot it in Throne. I think you just need enough stamina and magic skill for it not to be more of a pain the @$% than it's worth. I finally got it again at around 35 stamina and 275 magics and didn't hate it quite as much that time around. (Though I still think it's stupid that our balance spell has to take the form of a held-mana spell that leeches our vitality. Good grief.)

-- Player of Szrael --

\x'Empathic shock is a purely physical reaction with no moral or ethical component.\r
Re: So it Begins 03/08/2009 06:35 PM CDT
I'm fond of using AD for my stealing runs. I also use it to lock perception faster when I'm juggling.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page