To the kind empaths 12/01/2008 06:53 PM CST
I just want to state that I never said Szrael HAD to heal any of my characters. It is your right (as you are well aware of) to heal anyone you please. The only reason my char got angry was because Szrael pushed him, if someone pushed you around IRL it's good reason to get mad and I RP'd it as such. I tip every empath who heals me, and she could have just said no or ingored me easily enough. This is getting blown up into something that makes me seem like I believe empaths should heal because it is their duty, which is not true. Szrael is an evil character and she will be treated as such. I appreciate the help I continue to receive with extreme gratitude, as msot of my longest known friends are empaths. I missed this post for quite awhile because I wasn't aware of the slander that has been spread, for I don't use the forums often. Thanks for your time!
Re: To the kind empaths 12/01/2008 09:34 PM CST
>>The only reason my char got angry was because Szrael pushed him, if someone pushed you around IRL it's good reason to get mad and I RP'd it as such.

Are you serious? You didn't even have the RP sense to gweth or even IM for an actual friend to do your bidding. Instead you used two of your alt characters to fail at killing the mean ole empath. Just FYI; using alts != any sort of RP. :\

And now for a more personal rant...

>>Szrael is an evil character and she will be treated as such.

First off I'll admit none of my characters have interacted with Szrael to my knowledge other than walking past her, but I have read a few logs and several posts relevant to the character. I've never gotten the impression that she qualifies as, "evil."

I think a lot of folks really need to come to understand the differences between Evil, Unpleasant, Annoying and Obnoxious. While only the latter two groups are mutually exclusive, just because a character falls into one of the latter three categories it does not mean they are Evil. Too many characters are accused of being, or their players claim that they are, "evil," when in fact they're simply unpleasant or annoying. I'll even give brief examples of each, to elucidate:

You ask Unpleasanty the empath for healing, they ask what they get in return and when you offer nothing of value they turn you away... Unpleasanty is unpleasant.

You ask Annoyingy the empath for healing, they heal you up, you tip them reasonably and suddenly they're hugging you and acting like your best friend every time you see them... Annoyingy is annoying.

You ask Tenderkittenpaws the empath for healing, they heal you up, refuse your tip and get all huggy-snuggly and groom themselves while purring and giggling ad nauseam... Tenderkittenpaws is obnoxious.

You ask Necropuff the Empath for healing, they cheerfully agree and offer you a drink while you wait. You drink, they heal you quickly and accept your tip while stealing the remainder of your loose coin and gems. Shortly afterward the poison in your drink catches up with you and you die. They drag your corpse somewhere out of the way, cackle and leave. Necropuff is Evil.

That having been said, Szrael seems to me as though she's probably in the Unpleasant category to random folks she runs into, but certainly not evil.

Thanks for your consideration.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
Re: To the kind empaths 12/01/2008 09:48 PM CST
>if someone pushed you around IRL it's good reason to get mad and I RP'd it as such

Yeah, you and every other tool of an alt you could find to come and fail at attacking her. RPA!

>This is getting blown up into something that makes me seem like I believe empaths should heal because it is their duty, which is not true.

I thought it was turning into a thread full of funny logs of empathic doom, occasionally peppered with a comment about what a tool you are. Oh excuse me, how you RP a tool.

>Szrael is an evil character

Yes, bartering payment for services and then having the audacity to not die when idiots attack her is PURE EVIL.

>and she will be treated as such

If this means logging in a crack team of assassins to not kill her..sweet, more logs for us, then.
Re: To the kind empaths 12/01/2008 10:45 PM CST
<<The only reason my char got angry was because Szrael pushed him, if someone pushed you around IRL it's good reason to get mad and I RP'd it as such.

Your idea of 'RP' is to immediately react to a fluffy push with and death threats and OOC remarks about alts, log on a couple of said alts and attempt miserably to kill her? If you're going to go with that sort of reaction, build up to it rather than jumping right to it. Most of the enjoyment of RP is the journey. Also, don't bring alts into it. Aside from being against policy and potentially reportable, its idiotic. Especially when they fail spectacularly.

Also, as has been stated by others, Szrael is not 'evil.' From my own experiences with her, she is roleplayed as a slightly abrasive character who is primarily out for herself, speaks her mind without worrying about consequence, and doesn't hesitate to get into a scrap if its warrented. Pretty much exactly how she handled herself in her interactions with you.

Basically, Szrael was the one doing the RP not you. I'd suggest googling 'roleplay' to find a simple how-to guide on it.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: To the kind empaths 12/02/2008 11:47 AM CST
>>if someone pushed you around IRL it's good reason to get mad and I RP'd it as such.

you didn't rp it out at all actually

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: To the kind empaths 12/02/2008 11:50 AM CST
>>If this is the kind of maturity I'll be approached with after attempting to handle the situation from a "brothers sticking up for one another" sense then I'll tell you, she's as good as dead. Today, tomorrow, or next month... This empath will be slain. Spare me the "Oh mighty barb killed the empath thing", because empaths who tend to be mean that want to flaunt around like their ... doesn't stink is old in my book. She will reap the consequences of her actions. There, I've stooped down. Continue the flame war.

Also don't make me come back to Crossing and deal with you myself. You haven't seen an evil empath yet.

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: To the kind empaths 12/02/2008 07:23 PM CST
>>Also don't make me come back to Crossing and deal with you myself. You haven't seen an evil empath yet.

Wait, you're evil now? Since when?

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.