oh yeah 04/01/2007 03:51 AM CDT
Like me and a friend were discussing.. "I feel like I am just helping the pollution here" and beating a "dead horse" (however you say that saying) and will move on. Like I've said before I've done my part. Have a nice day all. Still, isn't it funny how we result into name calling? Be good everyone and enjoy the boards.

Make your mistakes your master piece!

Lanita
Re: oh yeah 04/01/2007 04:26 AM CDT
It's interesting to me how passive aggressive people seem to gravitate toward playing Empaths.

Rev. Reene

"Who provides the opportunity to cultivate patience? Not our friends. Our enemies give us the most crucial chances to grow."
- Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama
Re: oh yeah 04/01/2007 08:33 AM CDT
>>It's interesting to me how passive aggressive people seem to gravitate toward playing Empaths.<<

It must be a chick thing.

>>the whole zomg Strange was mean to me thing<<

Let it go. Ignore him if you don't want to play the conflict game. It's really not that big a deal in the long run.
Re: oh yeah 04/01/2007 09:21 AM CDT
It's kind of hard to be outright agressive as an empath. So yeah, that makes sense.
Re: oh yeah 04/01/2007 12:08 PM CDT
>>It's kind of hard to be outright agressive as an empath. So yeah, that makes sense.

No, it's not

~Arwinia

You are Shrimpstar, a Prydaen Bard.
You have pointed ears and cat-slitted clear colored eyes. Your amber mane is short and thick, and is worn tousled. You have grey fur and a slender tail.
You look tired.

You are wearing nothing special.
Re: oh yeah 04/01/2007 03:53 PM CDT
Good luck killing someone, heh. I didn't say impossible, only hard. And by that I mean compared to other guilds. And if you still argue the point, you're delusional.
Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 07:49 AM CDT
SYLVERWIND: It's interesting to me how passive aggressive people seem to gravitate toward playing Empaths.

I think it has to do with the fact that a few Empaths see their non-combatant status as a shield for their actions. On more than one occasion I have seen an Empath deliberately provoke a member of another guild or butt into someone else's fight and then attempt to use the "helpless Empath" defense.

I think the same rule applies to people of all guilds, both young and old: Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 09:16 AM CDT
Isharon's got it.

~Arwinia

You have pointed ears and cat-slitted clear colored eyes. Your amber mane is short and thick, and is worn tousled. You have grey fur and a slender tail.
You look tired.

Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 11:12 AM CDT
Isharon does have a very good point, but that's not really what happened in this situation. A lot of people got involved in this who had nothing to do with the initial confrontation, which was a 5th circle warrior mage taunting a 5th circle empath--mostly because he was an empath. It's interesting that this person chose to start harrassing the little empath rather than starting something with a barbarian of similar circle. That in itself speaks loudly about the character of the individual initiating the confrontation in the first place. Cowardice is cowardice, no matter the guild.

Myeka

An adorable grey bunny hops up to you and gazes longingly at your box. The moment the desired item is handed over, the bunny bares a surprisingly fierce set of teeth and reduces the box to a pile of splinters. Mission completed, the bunny hops away. Roundtime: 5 seconds
Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 11:20 AM CDT
I don't even remember the last time I heard an empath seriously pull the empath card. Usually someone else brings it up, and that's how it becomes an issue.

~Purehand
Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 11:51 AM CDT
>>A lot of people got involved in this who had nothing to do with the initial confrontation, which was a 5th circle warrior mage taunting a 5th circle empath--mostly because he was an empath. It's interesting that this person chose to start harrassing the little empath rather than starting something with a barbarian of similar circle.

Now explain to me why that fifth circle empath must be "just a fifth circle empath." There's no reason that fifth circle empath can't have more evasion than that 5th circle wm and be perfectly able to giggle at him while he tries to cause damage. (WM's need what? 20 TM for 5th and 15 weapon ranks?) That still sounds like pulling the empath card to me. It's ok though, I saw a high circle empath do it repeatedly after egging on fight after fight yesterday. With examples like that to go off of it never surprises me that empaths feel that they are either immune to being involved in conflicts or completely free from ever receiving harm. I still fail to believe that the person got beat on just because he was so and so, an empath. Sorry, I've seen this played out WAY too many times to not realize there was probably something else said/done.

~Arwinia

You look tired.

Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 12:22 PM CDT
You're right. A 5th circle empath COULD have more skill than a warrior mage of similar circle. That doesn't have much to do with WHY the confrontation started though. He had better perception than the warrior mage's hiding, or he wouldn't have been able to point him out. I'm just curious why he felt compelled to start a confrontation with an empath rather than a guild who could kill him on the spot. That in itself, coupled with the attitude that empaths should just shut up, and that they don't really have an opinion, is troublesome. You are an empath, Arwinia. Does your opinion matter or count?

An adorable grey bunny hops up to you and gazes longingly at your box. The moment the desired item is handed over, the bunny bares a surprisingly fierce set of teeth and reduces the box to a pile of splinters. Mission completed, the bunny hops away. Roundtime: 5 seconds
Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 12:53 PM CDT
>>I'm just curious why he felt compelled to start a confrontation with an empath rather than a guild who could kill him on the spot.

I'm curious why the empath felt the need to point him out to begin with. Did he not have every right to hide as the empath did to forage or whatever?

>>That in itself, coupled with the attitude that empaths should just shut up, and that they don't really have an opinion, is troublesome. You are an empath, Arwinia. Does your opinion matter or count?

I don't get treated like this.

~Arwinia

You look tired.

Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 01:03 PM CDT
The empath pointed the warrior mage out of hiding after the empath was dragged (by the warrior mage) into another room. And it was a yes/no question. You are an empath. Does your opinion count? It's not a question hinged on your treatment.

Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 01:18 PM CDT
>>It's not a question hinged on your treatment

Of course my opinion counts but my treatment is directly related to the amount of respect I receive which stems from my behavior. With that, we've come full circle...

>>The empath pointed the warrior mage out of hiding after the empath was dragged (by the warrior mage) into another room.

1. Why did the empath get dragged (and please don't say "because he's an empath")

and

2. If he didn't want the conflict to escalate he probably shouldn't have continued it by pointing.

~Arwinia

You look tired.

Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 03:46 PM CDT
>> I'm just curious why he felt compelled to start a confrontation with an empath rather than a guild who could kill him on the spot.

Because the Empath chose to both continue and compound the conflict by pointing him out of hiding?

You keep bringing up the guy's guild like it's relevant. I don't care if someone's an Empath or not. Their guild doesn't really factor into whether or not I take issue with them. Their actions do.

Rev. Reene

"Who provides the opportunity to cultivate patience? Not our friends. Our enemies give us the most crucial chances to grow."
Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 04:07 PM CDT
I keep bringing up his guild because in this case, it IS relevent. Purehand said he witnessed Mudezi harrassing another empath in the guild. Isharon has said similar things about Strange--that he's known for tagetting empaths. Guild IS relevent here. You can't make it irrelevent because it will better suit your argument.

1. Mudezi did start with the empath BECAUSE he was an empath. Guild has been part of the issue in this whole altercation all along.

2. Strange did say that empaths do not have opinions that count. That includes you, Arwinia. He didn't say, SOME empaths. It was an inclusive statement. Regardless of whether you like it or believe it, you were included.

Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 04:10 PM CDT
>> Regardless of whether you like it or believe it, you were included.

I bet you know how to spell gullible too.

Rev. Reene

Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 04:15 PM CDT
>>Strange did say that empaths do not have opinions that count. That includes you, Arwinia. He didn't say, SOME empaths.

Seriously, I really believe you are taking that statement way too literally and going a little bit overboard. Please step down from the soapbox.

~Arwinia

You look tired.

Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 04:45 PM CDT
I don't think I'm seeing the part where the posters were hiding behind their guild or saying empaths shouldn't be targetted.

~Purehand
Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 05:06 PM CDT
>> I don't think I'm seeing the part where the posters were hiding behind their guild or saying empaths shouldn't be targetted.

l2r

They've brought up the fact that the person that the conflict was started with was an Empath and they couldn't fight back and why didn't they pick on someone else yadda yadda several times now.

Rev. Reene

Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 05:20 PM CDT
I am not taking sides in this drama-mamma but as for said empath continuing to point someone out of hiding...can that be the auto point feature that can happen when someone keeps trying to adv or stalk to melee? Course, at level 5, don't know if that is a possibility considering the skillset vs skillset right?

oh well.

'Lint

Adventurer Spotlight:
Paschein puts her nose right up close to her dead monkey and inhales deeply.
Paschein blanches.
Paschein says, "that's just gross."
You say, "You smelled it"
Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 05:23 PM CDT
By the way, can't you all find something else to fuss about?
This thread got old. And Arwinia is annoying.
And Caelumia is just a snippet of a girl. Loud bark, etc.

'Lint

Adventurer Spotlight:
Paschein puts her nose right up close to her dead monkey and inhales deeply.
Paschein blanches.
Paschein says, "that's just gross."
You say, "You smelled it"
Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 05:56 PM CDT
>> And Caelumia is just a snippet of a girl. Loud bark, etc.

:( what!

Rev. Reene

Re: oh yeah 04/02/2007 06:39 PM CDT
I'm done--to great satisfaction. Thank you, Lint.

An adorable grey bunny hops up to you and gazes longingly at your box. The moment the desired item is handed over, the bunny bares a surprisingly fierce set of teeth and reduces the box to a pile of splinters. Mission completed, the bunny hops away. Roundtime: 5 seconds.
Re: oh yeah 04/03/2007 12:22 AM CDT
Tee-hee.

System Announcement: As our gift to you, the players, items deposited in a trash receptacle will be placed into a random player's inventory. Please do not assist to thank us if you are suddenly overburdened with 400 globs of blocil pulp.