Empaths opionions DON'T count --far too often. 03/29/2007 05:53 PM CDT
I have never posted on the Empaths boards, but now I'm compelled. I agree wtih Lani that there are many things that could have been better handled, beginning with Garl. In his case, however, he is only 5th circle, he hadn't been playing the game long and I highly doubt he knew how to set avoids OR how to deal with conflict. Those are things that he can surely learn and hopefully has. The bigger problem is that there IS an overwhelming attitude by a certain set that empaths do NOT count, that we should heal whomever and be happy with the experience and the sometimes meager tip (this is not about tipping--that's a completely different issue). The heart of this whole confrontation was more to do with respect (for the guild) than any other thing.

Too often I hear that there is an empath looking for wounds--which can very easily be interpreted as begging. I cringe every time I hear "I need your owies!" When someone is begging for another individual to BRING them wounds (experience), rather than going out and getting it, this is the type of attitude that results. Why should the efforts (and opinions) of someone count when they (the wound-begging empath) won't help themselves? Empaths are not incapable of defending themselves. There are more and more means of making money through various creation systems, and it's really not hard to find a hunter or two who will be happy to become steady 'clients' if you're reliable and willing to help them when they need it.

While I don't know that I could condone GUILD blacklists, I do certainly have one of my own. If I don't want to heal someone, I won't. I don't care if they die at my feet (if I'm feeling merciful, I'll heal the killing wound and leave them to find someone else who will finish the job). I refuse to believe that my empath is helpless. I refuse to ask for wounds. I refuse to rely on someone else to bring me the experience I need to circle. Empaths can do many, many things. Mingold is a stellar example--there is no dignity in whining or begging. If you can't conduct yourself with dignity, why should anyone else respect you?

Myeka

An adorable grey bunny hops up to you and gazes longingly at your box. The moment the desired item is handed over, the bunny bares a surprisingly fierce set of teeth and reduces the box to a pile of splinters. Mission completed, the bunny hops away. Roundtime: 5 seconds
Re: Empaths opionions DON'T count --far too often. 03/29/2007 06:37 PM CDT
I think we didn't count to them cause they wanted a fight. We "couldn't fight them back." Not sure if they expected me to stand up for Malykai or myself or Aleerayn. I don't know what goes through their mind what they are thinking and why but if not us, they'd find other prey anyways, right? I agree though that Empaths should take up on a new attitude. But there is always room for different personalities. Most of those wound hunters maybe don't know any better. (sorry excuse I know) I'd go out into the fields and ask hunters if they need wound and if I could help in any ways to them and I'd guard myself fine or have someone with to help me. They appreciate me saving them the trip and perhaps their hide. I hope that doesn't fall into the category as wound begging. ;) Thank you Myeka and everyone else that responded so swiftly and just. I appreciate it more than you know.

Make your mistakes your master piece!
~Stoppit some more~
Re: Empaths opionions DON'T count --far too often. 04/02/2007 12:47 AM CDT
>While I don't know that I could condone GUILD blacklists, I do certainly have one of my own. If I don't want to heal someone, I won't. I don't care if they die at my feet (if I'm feeling merciful, I'll heal the killing wound and leave them to find someone else who will finish the job). I refuse to believe that my empath is helpless. I refuse to ask for wounds. I refuse to rely on someone else to bring me the experience I need to circle. Empaths can do many, many things.

BRAVA!!!

Kerrian