Compelling Devourers 05/05/2020 12:28 PM CDT
Compel gives kind of a strange result when used on a Devourer. The thing looks like an ordinary living being based on the description (and PERCEIVE lists it as alive), but the spell messaging seems to suggest that it's somehow non-corporeal?

The multi-armed devourer looks somewhat like a fattened slug, but has no front nor back, nor readily identifiable sides. Hundreds of thin, shadowy opaque tentacles stretch out from all sides of its center, blindly feeling its environment and occasionally grasping random items to shove into its gaping maw. It is these massive toothy jaws which are the epitome of this otherworldly thing; its sole purpose is to eat.

>cast devour
You gesture at a sizeable opaque multi-armed devourer.
Your spell has no effect on the devourer's insubstantial form.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to make the thing go away with it, but at a minimum it should probably have a different "this doesn't work" message.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Compelling Devourers 05/05/2020 04:06 PM CDT
Devourers are extraplanar noncorporeal shadow creatures. The messaging seems appropriate to me. Shadow creatures are resistant or immune to all types of magic outside of lunar based light (and shadow) magic. We do need a way to end devourers prematurely though; preferably through the AP spell dispel and/or unbend enchantments. I'd also like to see aethrolysis work to heavily degrade their their duration or outright destroy them.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page