Overhealed but didn't die 10/01/2017 10:28 AM CDT

I took a deadly amount of chest external scar, and I got the "Your agony ceases as life flees" message that happens when you overheal from Link Unity, but no one saw me getting struck down. Both Vastriff and Beerf saw me apparently dying. I did have a 10 mana Regenerate cyclic spell up during the whole time. The log is posted below. I was /extremely/ confused when I saw I wasn't dead.

You see Deadly Bodstone, Stone Warrior of Elanthia, a Dwarf.
Bodstone has an oval face, almond-shaped blue eyes and a small nose. His ginger hair is very long and curly. He has pale skin and a curvaceous build.
He is slightly under average height for a Dwarf.
He appears to be an adult.
He has a thick bushy mustache that droops heavily on his upper lip and a long shaggy beard.

He has minor scars about the head, faint scuffing to the neck, minor scarring along the neck, severe scarring along the right arm, severe scarring and ugly gashes about the left arm, faint scuffing to the right leg, severe scarring along the right leg, severe scarring along the left leg, faint scuffing to the left hand, some tiny scars across the left hand, severe scarring and chunks of flesh missing from the chest area, minor scarring along the abdomen, faint scuffing to the back, minor scarring along the back.

He is wearing a lumpy bundle, a medium shield, a steel ring mask, some steel ring gloves, a composite bow, a boar-skin rugged cap, some jet black leathers, a steel chain aventail, an ornate platinum brooch set with an orichalcum icosahedron, a sturdy backpack, a beaten iron ring, some black goatskin pants, a white herb pouch, some boots and a black leather sheath.

Zarinne goes south.

Your body feels somewhat battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have minor scarring along the left leg, minor swelling and bruising around the right hand compounded by cuts and bruises about the right hand, a constant twitching in the right hand, some minor abrasions to the left hand, minor scarring along the left hand, minor swelling and bruising in the chest area compounded by cuts and bruises about the chest area, a constant twitching in the chest area, minor swelling and bruising in the abdomen compounded by cuts and bruises about the abdomen, severe scarring along the abdomen, some minor abrasions to the back, an occasional twitching in the back.

Bleeding
Area Rate

right hand (tended)
chest (tended)
abdomen (tended)

Flokii just arrived.
Flokii goes east.
Meiline makes a grunting noise.
Amazon Meiline drifts east.
Vastriff tries to pull Lostos to his feet.

You lay your hand on Bodstone's arm.

You sense a successful empathic link has been forged between you and Bodstone.
You feel the burning fire of pain and suffering building slowly as you instinctively draw out the truth behind Bodstone's injuries.
Stretching your senses along the link with Bodstone, you slowly lose the boundary between him and yourself, until you feel his body as if it were your own. Your empathic senses stretch out, forming a link so intense that your breathing slows almost to a stop. Abruptly, the boundary between you and Bodstone dissolves completely, and for a few dizzying moments you seem to occupy the same flesh. You concentrate, drawing your shared pain and suffering toward yourself, attempting to imbue Bodstone with some of your holistic well being.

Terror grips you as you realize that Bodstone's wounds have overwhelmed your body. Your agony ceases as life flees, and you collapse almost gratefully to the ground.

A scream of despairing agony rips from Bodstone.

You feel yourself falling...
You feel like you're dying!

Your nerves sing with pain as you draw Bodstone's wounds from his body into your own.

The feeling of unity with Bodstone gradually ebbs away.

As the unity link dissipates, you sense that Bodstone is not fully healed.

Andreasis just arrived.
Andreasis went through a double door.
Vastriff winces.
Vastriff says, "Oh dear."

You regain consciousness.

You are Empath Melomina of Elanthia, a Human.
You have grey eyes. Your blue-black hair is shoulder length and straight, and is worn feathered back from your face in a windblown look. You have fair skin.
You are middle-aged.
You look almost exhausted.

You have minor scars about the head, faint scuffing to the neck, minor scarring along the neck, severe scarring along the right arm, severe scarring and ugly gashes about the left arm, faint scuffing to the right leg, severe scarring along the right leg, severe scarring and ugly gashes about the left leg, minor swelling and bruising around the right hand compounded by cuts and bruises about the right hand, a constant twitching in the right hand, faint scuffing to the left hand, severe scarring along the left hand, minor swelling and bruising in the chest area compounded by cuts and bruises about the chest area, an mostly non-existent chest area filled with ugly chunks of scarred flesh, minor swelling and bruising in the abdomen compounded by cuts and bruises about the abdomen, severe scarring and ugly gashes about the abdomen, faint scuffing to the back, severe scarring along the back.

You are holding a crimson-scale targe with a reinforced design in your left hand.
You are wearing some darkstone knee spikes, some gryphon-hide footwraps, some steel-alloy knuckles, some darkstone elbow spikes, a simple steel parry stick with a tempered finish, some quilted double leathers with a skull and crossbones emblazoned across the chest, a stained leather mask trimmed with grey fur, a shalswar-hide coarse cap sealed with protective wax, some coarse shalswar-hide gloves, an Elothean silverwillow crossbow, a sanowret crystal, a dull serpent earcuff, a pair of long silver earrings set with a pure white aevanstone in the ends, a delicate silver pendant holding a pure white aevanstone in a heart-shaped setting, a dull serpent earcuff, a small leather bracelet set with polished stone charms, a small gold pin, a small silver pin, some silver wire-framed spectacles with streaky ocean-blue lenses, a fine white linen and lace corset embroidered with roses sewn in pink thread, a soft suede tunic with oak leaf detailing, an ornate gloomwood ring, a divided riding skirt with oak leaf buttons along the front and some rugged forester's boots.

Blax just arrived.
You no longer feel especially strained from invoking the Fountain of Creation.
Vastriff asks, "Should we take them inside the guild?"
You whisper to Beerf, "Well I'm dumb"
Vastriff says, "I can raise them both."
Beerf blinks.
Blax goes east.
Beerf leans down and shakes you by the shoulders!
Hugglebug just arrived.
Hugglebug runs south.
Beerf exclaims, "Mel!!!"
Idiot Savant Genneron just arrived.
Idiot Savant Genneron runs south.
Beerf exclaims, "Mina!"
Vastriff grins.
Beerf says, "Meant to say Mina."
Beerf nods.
You whisper to Beerf, "I reaaaaaaally hate how you can't see scars properly with regular health check"
Flyte just arrived.
Flyte runs east.
Idiot Savant Genneron just arrived.
Idiot Savant Genneron sprints west.

You are Empath Melomina of Elanthia, a Human.
You have grey eyes. Your blue-black hair is shoulder length and straight, and is worn feathered back from your face in a windblown look. You have fair skin.
You are middle-aged.

You have some faint scars along the head, minor scarring along the neck, minor scarring along the right arm, severe scarring along the left arm, severe scarring along the right leg, severe scarring and ugly gashes about the left leg, faint scuffing to the right hand, severe scarring along the right hand, minor scarring along the left hand, faint scuffing to the chest, a severely scarred, mangled and malformed chest area, tiny scratches to the abdomen, severe scarring and ugly gashes about the abdomen, minor scarring along the back.

You are holding a crimson-scale targe with a reinforced design in your left hand.
You are wearing some darkstone knee spikes, some gryphon-hide footwraps, some steel-alloy knuckles, some darkstone elbow spikes, a simple steel parry stick with a tempered finish, some quilted double leathers with a skull and crossbones emblazoned across the chest, a stained leather mask trimmed with grey fur, a shalswar-hide coarse cap sealed with protective wax, some coarse shalswar-hide gloves, an Elothean silverwillow crossbow, a sanowret crystal, a dull serpent earcuff, a pair of long silver earrings set with a pure white aevanstone in the ends, a delicate silver pendant holding a pure white aevanstone in a heart-shaped setting, a dull serpent earcuff, a small leather bracelet set with polished stone charms, a small gold pin, a small silver pin, some silver wire-framed spectacles with streaky ocean-blue lenses, a fine white linen and lace corset embroidered with roses sewn in pink thread, a soft suede tunic with oak leaf detailing, an ornate gloomwood ring, a divided riding skirt with oak leaf buttons along the front and some rugged forester's boots.

Vastriff bows his head and chants catechisms.
Beerf whispers, "never thought about that"
Beerf ponders.
Beerf babbles incoherently.
Beerf gestures.
You whisper to Beerf, "I should've waited 30 seonds and played it safe"
The stone urn burbles suddenly as its contents begin to dissolve....

Beerf pats you on the back.
Beerf gestures.
Jibberish just arrived.
Jibberish went through a double door.
Beerf gestures.
Beerf gestures.
You happen to sense a Yavash moonbeam moving away from the area.
You whisper to Beerf, "I just need someoen to take just a little of my chest scar, adn then I can get raised"
Beerf asks, "Raised?"
Beerf blinks.
Beerf tries to pull you to your feet, but cannot.
Beerf grins.

The bandages binding your right hand become useless and fall apart.

Vastriff gestures.
The thin silver nimbus shrouding Lostos's body fades away.
The color in Vastriff's eyes changes, the pupils gradually fading from sight as his eyes turn pale blue.
Vastriff's eyes flare briefly and the blue-white hue intensifies.
Vastriff's eyes flare briefly and the blue-white hue intensifies.
Beerf gestures.
In a blazing fountain of red-gold sparks, a red Moongate blazes into life.
Moretis came through a red Moongate.
As Vastriff intones a quiet prayer to Meraud, his hands begin to glow faintly silver. He extends a glowing hand towards the body of Lostos.
Dark crimson bands of light flow about the body of Lostos, pulsating with a heartbeat rhythm. Silvery-grey tendrils twine around the red bands, seeping into the corpse. As the last tendril vanishes from view, the bands explode with a brilliant flash and Lostos blinks dazedly, wobbling on his feet.
Moretis joins Beerf's group.
A red Moongate collapses in on itself.
Zansa just arrived.
Zansa runs south.
Vastriff says, "Thats one."
Vastriff pats Lostos on the back.
Argental just arrived.
Vastriff glances at you.
Argental went through a double door.

The bandages binding your abdomen become useless and fall apart.

Beerf whispers, "I mean....you're alive...."
Beerf gives you a playful poke in the ribs.
You sense that your system has fully recovered from your recent manifestation of the unity link.
Moretis waves.
Moretis says, "I hate portals."

The bandages binding your chest become useless and fall apart.

Beerf gestures.
A beam of ruby brilliance splits the sky.
Wardwer just arrived.
Your body feels at full strength.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have minor scarring along the chest area, a few nearly invisible scars along the abdomen.
You notice Wardwer slip into a hiding place.
Re: Overhealed but didn't die 10/01/2017 04:22 PM CDT
>>You feel yourself falling... You feel like you're dying!

It looks like you didn't die, just reached a critical vitality state that triggered the "you're going to die" danger zone. Is that possible with a severe scar from empathic healing?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Overhealed but didn't die 10/03/2017 10:17 AM CDT
Everytime I've overhealed, it always resulted in instant death. No death shock. Also, I did not have any death shock as I could see, I kept on talking and looking at myself like nothing happened.

Also: "an mostly non-existent chest area filled with ugly chunks of scarred flesh" is a deadly amount of chest scar wound. Should result in death.
Re: Overhealed but didn't die 10/03/2017 12:04 PM CDT
Last time I died from overhealing, I got the "You feel like you're dying" messaging and I lost consciousness, but I wasn't actually dead yet. I had just enough time to wake up and try to cast a blood staunch or something to try and save myself, but before I could cast it I went ahead and died. Turns out it was chest-wound related as well, and it just knocked my stamina to zero and I collapsed. Then my vitality started to drain... very, very quickly. So having a gaping hole for a chest did kill me, it just took a few seconds... and I'm a lot lower circle than you, so maybe you have more stamina/vitality?

-Nestariel