Absolution bugged on maiden's tresses. 02/01/2017 11:07 PM CST
I was looking for new places to hunt on my Empath alt, and decided to try maidens' tresses. Unfortunately, while Absolution lets me hit them with weapons without shock, when I use Fire Shards it still shocks me. My understanding was that shock was supposed to be an all-or-nothing proposition, so I think this is a bug. Some excerpts from my log:

You gesture at a writhing maiden's tress.
Several shards of elemental flame fly at a writhing maiden's tress!

The fire shard glances off its abdomen, singeing it a little.
The fire shard explodes just short of its left eye.

Pain blossoms within you, your delicate empathic senses singing with agony. You feel the wound to the other life essence almost before it happens, your empathy focusing and magnifying the pain you have caused. You draw back instinctively, your empathy recoiling, leaving you briefly stunned.

Emotional pain and exhaustion lingers in your mind, even after you regain rational control.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

You reach out with your senses and see pulsating (10/21) streams of vibrant blue and white Life mana flowing through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is much less mana to the east, and moderately less mana to the northeast.
You sense the Absolution spell upon you, which will last for about forty-eight roisaen.
You sense the Aggressive Stance spell upon you, which will last for about twenty-one roisaen.
You sense the Regenerate spell upon you, which will last until you fail to provide 5 mana for it.
You sense the Iron Constitution spell upon you, which will last for about twenty roisaen.
You sense the Refresh spell upon you, which will last for about seven roisaen.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

> elbow

< Moving with powerful grace, you elbow your armor-clad elbow at a writhing maiden's tress. A writhing maiden's tress attempts to evade, mainly avoiding the blow.
The elbow lands a good strike to the tress's body.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

> kick

< Moving fluidly, you kick your foot at a writhing maiden's tress. A writhing maiden's tress fails to evade, receiving a glancing blow.
The foot lands a good strike to the tress's body.
[You're slightly off balance and opponent has slight advantage.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

> draw

< Moving in gracefully, you draw a steel iltesh (sword) at a writhing maiden's tress. A writhing maiden's tress attempts to dodge, pivoting toward safety but still partially within harm's reach.
The iltesh (sword) lands a good strike to the tress's body.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

- Saragos
Re: Absolution bugged on maiden's tresses. 02/05/2017 11:37 AM CST
>>You sense a life essence enlivening the tress. (LIVING)
>>Roundtime: 3 sec.

Seems like it's bugged, but not in the way you think. Without knowing more about your empath, I would suggest trying the mutant togballs which are very close to there.

A shadowy black death spirit says, "Give us the annoying one, and the rest of you shall live."
* Mudge was just struck down!
The cackling continues. "The Darkness is pleased with your sacrifice."
Re: Absolution bugged on maiden's tresses. 02/10/2017 07:24 PM CST
Interestingly, tresses cap out higher than togballs do on defense. I was in a position where my defenses weren't really good enough to move up to the next critter, but I was soft-capped on the togballs.

- Saragos
Re: Absolution bugged on maiden's tresses. 02/13/2017 10:35 AM CST
Deadwood Dryads are close and count as undead, and might be a good step up.

Otherwise, quartz gargs -> rock guardians -> ice adders was the critter path I used and were smooth transitions after capping each.

A shadowy black death spirit says, "Give us the annoying one, and the rest of you shall live."
* Mudge was just struck down!
The cackling continues. "The Darkness is pleased with your sacrifice."