AD Vs. Webs 12/04/2015 07:58 PM CST
It looks like Aesandry Darlaeth's web-breaking function is not working properly. It messages as though it's breaking it but leaving me in the webbed state:

A telga orek suddenly lashes its body at you, trying to trap you in its eye-covered netting!
The creature manages to completely engulf you in its body, and a thousand blinking eyes stare at you! It then pulls the bulk of its body away along with all its eyes, leaving you covered in a sticky netting.
[You're incredibly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]
>
Aesandry Darlaeth tightens its grip on your body, pushing you to escape your bindings in a sudden surge of motion.

>
You are aware of the injury to your flesh, but it cannot harm your vitality through your Perseverance.
* Moving well, a telga orek viciously slams its eye-covered body at you. You fail to evade. The body lands a light hit to your left leg.
>
You are aware of the injury to your flesh, but it cannot harm your vitality through your Perseverance.
* Moving with great skill, a telga orek extends a slimy eye-covered tendril and slams at you. You fail to dodge. The tendril lands a good strike to your right arm.
>
You finally manage to free yourself from the webbing.

It happened to me the other day too, where I tried to attack after it messaged the escape but couldn't due to the web.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: AD Vs. Webs 12/08/2015 07:23 PM CST

Also looks like it's pulse to group function isnt working either. Got a bug report in on it. Anyone else having this issue?

~Remedi
Re: AD Vs. Webs 12/08/2015 08:04 PM CST
The pulse to group thing hasn't worked since 3.1 rolled out. I bug report it on occasion. There's a few forum posts in various folders on here about it, no GM replies to them that I recall. I understand a few other pulse to group spells like Truffenyi's Rally are not functioning to pulse to group either. (Truffenyi's Rally is essentially the same spell as AD, as well.)

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: AD Vs. Webs 12/08/2015 08:08 PM CST
AD doesn't currently have any handling in the code for group support, nor did it have it when I rewrote it in 2009. I can't really account for what was going on if it was group-castable in the interlude between 3.0 and 3.1.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: AD Vs. Webs 12/08/2015 08:17 PM CST
It was not group castable. It had a pulse to group mechanic. You just cast it on yourself, and the +Reflex went to your group members. Occasionally, it would pulse and unweb/improve their balance. I saw this happen, most noticeably in creatures that would knock people down like gryphons.

Re: AD Vs. Webs 12/08/2015 08:27 PM CST
I'll take another look tomorrow, but I mean there is nothing I found in either the 2.1 or 3.1 code that supports that happening, and I do not have a copy of the 3.0 code to peek.

Not saying you're lying, I believe you saw what you saw, but I can't find where it happens in the system or my (limited) archives.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: AD Vs. Webs 12/08/2015 08:28 PM CST
>>DR-Armifer: AD doesn't currently have any handling in the code for group support, nor did it have it when I rewrote it in 2009. I can't really account for what was going on if it was group-castable in the interlude between 3.0 and 3.1.

If Aesandry Darlaeth isn't intended to have group functionality, the discern messaging should be updated.

Aesandry Darlaeth forces your muscles and nerves to react much more swiftly than they normally would. As long as you maintain this spell, your reaction time will markedly decrease, improving your reflexes and making it easier to maintain your balance in combat. Such a quickness also means that your movement will not be obstructed by anything for long.

This is a non-battle spell that can be cast on an area or group. Non-battle spells have significantly longer preparation times than battle spells. This is a cyclic spell. To cast this kind of spell, prepare it at the amount of mana you wish to cast it at, and then cast it. This spell will continually pulse as long as you have harnessed enough mana to fuel the mana requirements. Cambrinth also works as a source of fuel for cyclic spells, as does your raw attunement if you have the Raw Channeling feat. It affects yourself. It requires a minimum of five mana streams, and can expand to a maximum of forty mana streams woven into it. To begin to be able to cast this spell, you will need to reach the rank of a 50th degree adept. By the time you have mastered this spell, you will be ranked as a guru in your abilities as a caster. It requires the Augmentation and Utility skills to cast effectively. Before you can learn this spell, you must know Aggressive Stance, and be circle 20. It will also cost three spell slots.

"Empathy doesn't make people nice." --GM Armifer

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: AD Vs. Webs 12/08/2015 08:44 PM CST
>DR-Armifer: Not saying you're lying, I believe you saw what you saw, but I can't find where it happens in the system or my (limited) archives.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply you thought that. My tone often comes across as very direct. I only meant to state what I knew, so that it could aid in your (and anyone else's research).

>SARKRANIS: If Aesandry Darlaeth isn't intended to have group functionality, the discern messaging should be updated.

Yea the DISCERN hasn't changed at all to my knowledge, which has kept me thinking that it was intended to have that functionality, and that it ceasing to function was a BUG. Who knows at this point though, it has not worked in a very long time. Though then again Truffenyi's Rally also isn't working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQpLNCRIxWA

Re: AD Vs. Webs 02/11/2016 06:01 PM CST

Additionally the slot cost is extremely high for a spell that on buffs your Ref and doesn't do the other two listed attributes of group pulse and web removal. The SLOT cost doesn't line up with other spells of which also boost Reflex only.
Re: AD Vs. Webs 02/11/2016 06:57 PM CST

And it's a cyclic, meaning you can't use Regen or GS. Bummer.
Re: AD Vs. Webs 02/11/2016 07:18 PM CST
The balance boost is nice (that's my main reason for using the spell most of the time), and it does successfully remove the immobile status. But yeah, I'm hoping the web thing can be fixed soon since I've been hunting a creature that webs lately. I don't usually get caught, but when I do it's always at an annoying moment.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor