Awaken vs. Box Sleep 08/16/2015 09:14 AM CDT
The other day I happened across someone who sprang one of those box traps that puts them to sleep. Another Empath had cast Awaken on them and it looked like it succeeded, but the person remained asleep. A little while later I myself threw a hefty Awaken at them, and got the success messaging about them opening their eyes or whatnot. The person, however, remained unconscious; Awaken wasn't actually removing the unconscious state like it said it was.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Awaken vs. Box Sleep 08/16/2015 11:33 AM CDT
IIRC this is more a bug with the trap than the spell. It's sorta like how some older traps/effects say something like "you're stunned for x seconds!" and antistun would remove the stun, only for you to be told the stun wore off after those x seconds actually pass.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Awaken vs. Box Sleep 12/27/2017 03:39 PM CST
Giving this a bump and adding the sleep caused by Velver arrows to the list of wonky sleep effects that don't get cleared by Awaken. The cast messaging says they wake up, but they don't.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Awaken vs. Box Sleep 05/05/2019 02:56 PM CDT
Add the sleep induced when people pass out charging the devices for the current event to the list of wonky sleeps that Awaken doesn't clear when it says it does. I don't suppose this could get fixed so that Awaken actually...Awakens people please? It's difficult enough to find uses for the spell as it is.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor