Overhealing Typo 08/11/2015 10:40 AM CDT
I didn't realize how severe my chest scar was before I requested healing. As a result, the empath healing me went into shock and started dying. However, I got the death cry message myself (see italics). I did not die, but the messaging seems to be going to the wrong person. I was very confused for a minute.

Log:

Bedlam touches you.
You feel a warmth radiate from Bedlam's touch.
You have a brief sensation that leaves your wounds tingling.

A curious tingling sensation rises within you as the boundary between you and Bedlam melts away, until you feel his body as if it were your own. A bewildering nausea grips you as your mind is assailed by information from a sense that you do not possess. Just as the sensations begin to overwhelm your consciousness, the boundary between you and Bedlam dissolves completely. For a few dizzying moments you seem to occupy the same flesh. A creeping sensation of tingling coldness envelops you as Bedlam seeks to draw the hurts from your body.

A spike of terror thrills through you as the pain you feel from Bedlam grows and grows, threatening to overwhelm your senses.

After a long moment, Bedlam's pain gutters out like an extinguished candle.

>Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! A scream rips from you as you struggle to remain tied to this world. A terrible tearing sensation wracks you, the strange agony growing and amplifying and then ceasing with an awful finality.

Bedlam falls down!
Bedlam stops trying to teach you.
Bedlam's in shock and dying!

The pain of your wounds abruptly ceases, as if ripped forcibly from your body.

The feeling of unity with Bedlam gradually ebbs away.
Re: Overhealing Typo 08/11/2015 11:58 AM CDT
Based on the messaging in the Unity link I would say that's actually a feature.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Overhealing Typo 08/11/2015 07:36 PM CDT
>>Based on the messaging in the Unity link I would say that's actually a feature.

Yep 100% a feature and not a bug. There's a couple other uh, easter eggs/fun messaging for some conditions with Unity too.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Overhealing Typo 08/12/2015 11:42 AM CDT
So did the Empath actually die, or just fall into the dying state? The "death cry" message seems to suggest that they died, but there's no "slain before your eyes" included so it's hard to tell for sure. I've seen a few times where an Empath will take a useless-level scar on a vital area and somehow survive. They drop into a dying state instead of being dead, yet they have a useless scar on their abdomen or something. Usually they wake up right away too, but that could just be that they're using Awaken.

At any rate, there definitely seems to be some sort of bug relating to overhealing when it comes to scars:
-If nobody actually died in this instance, then there shouldn't have been a "death cry" message for either of them.
-If transferring a useless scar on a vital area is supposed to flat-out kill you, it's failing to do so in at least some cases and triggering a dying state instead.
-If taking a would-be fatal scar is, in fact, supposed to trigger a dying state instead of death, then the offending scar shouldn't still end up at useless; it should drop down a level like the CHALLENGE mechanics do for wounds.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Overhealing Typo 08/12/2015 01:51 PM CDT
In this case, the Empath entered the dying state, and a refresh tick brought them out.
Re: Overhealing Typo 08/12/2015 03:08 PM CDT
This happened to me recently. In my case, I was already dead and a fellow empath was healing me. She used the Unity link which caused a fatal wound transfer. I saw the death messaging leaving me confused and asking myself how I died again. Then I realized that the Unity link had something to do with it. If it is in fact a feature, the messaging should change if the target of the link is already dead.
Re: Overhealing Typo 08/12/2015 03:23 PM CDT
Actually, scratch my last post. I found the log and looked more closely. There is messaging that says it was her death I felt and not my own. Still weird since I'm already dead, but meh:

DEAD>
Empath rests her hand on your arm with a soft smile.
You feel a warmth radiate from Empath's touch.
You have a brief sensation that leaves your wounds tingling.
DEAD>
You sense Empath stretching her empathic sense along the link you share. The boundary between you begins to erode and you slowly realize that you can feel her body as if it were your own.

Your empathic senses stretch out, the link between you and Empath so intense that your breathing slows almost to a stop. Abruptly, the boundary between you and Empath dissolves completely and for a few dizzying moments you seem to occupy the same flesh. You can feel Empath concentrating, drawing your shared pain and suffering toward herself, attempting to imbue you with some of her holistic well being.

A spike of terror thrills through you as the pain you feel from Empath grows and grows, threatening to overwhelm your senses.

After a long moment, Empath's pain gutters out like an extinguished candle.

Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! A scream rips from you as you struggle to remain tied to this world. A terrible tearing sensation wracks you, the strange agony growing and amplifying and then ceasing with an awful finality.

* Empath is slain before your eyes!

DEAD>
DEAD>
Cleric gestures.
DEAD>
>>Abruptly you realize that it was Empath's death you felt, and not your own. Her death agony seems to echo through your mind, though the sensation is rapidly fading.
DEAD>
DEAD>
Re: Overhealing Typo 08/12/2015 03:27 PM CDT
That is so cool.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Overhealing Typo 08/13/2015 11:08 AM CDT
Yeah it is

Samsaren