Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 11:10 AM CDT
FYI, paralysis when paired with the chaos symbiosis never fully prepares, or it does and doesn't message you.

> prep symb
You recall the exact details of the Chaos symbiosis, preparing to integrate it with the next spell you cast.
> prep para
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
With meditative movements you prepare your body for the Paralysis spell.
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>
A quartz gargoyle continues to move with a curious lethargy, as if there was some invisible weight on it.
>
A quartz gargoyle continues to move with a curious lethargy, as if there was some invisible weight on it.
>
A loud stomping sound fills the air as a quartz gargoyle comes clomping in.

>
The quartz gargoyle begins to advance on you!
The quartz gargoyle advances from nearby and is closing steadily.
>
The quartz gargoyle closes to melee range on you!
>
* A quartz gargoyle bites at you. You repulse little of the teeth with a parry stick.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in good position.]
>
* A quartz gargoyle pounds at you. You knock aside little of the fist with a parry stick.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
>
* A quartz gargoyle pounds at you. You barely block with a small shield.
[You're solidly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
>
>
* A quartz gargoyle pounds at you. You barely block with a small shield.
>
* A quartz gargoyle maneuvers at you. You knock aside little of the maneuver with a parry stick.
>
* A quartz gargoyle maneuvers at you. You deflect some of the maneuver with a parry stick.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
>
Your concentration slips for a moment, and your spell is lost.
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 11:13 AM CDT

Isn't that a TM spell? TM spells don't fully prepare.
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 11:18 AM CDT
Instead of using PREP with TM spells use TARGET instead. TM spells are fully prepped instantly and have to be targeted. You can save yourself some time by just using TARGET since it will prep and target the spell instantly.
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 11:21 AM CDT

You wanted to TARGET PARA #. Symbiosis does not work with TM or Debil.
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 11:38 AM CDT

No symbiosis and TM? That's too bad. It definitely works with debil though, been using it on lethary without a problem.
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 11:48 AM CDT
> It definitely works with debil though, been using it on lethary without a problem.

It shouldn't. If it does, that's a bug.
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 12:32 PM CDT
There are some spells, like Cyclics, that Symbiosis will appear to work on but don't actually do anything. Lethargy might be one of those.
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 12:37 PM CDT
>No symbiosis and TM? That's too bad. It definitely works with debil though, been using it on lethary without a problem.

The cast difficulty of the spell is not a factor in the experience award, so increasing the difficulty of the spell would only make your cast pointlessly more difficult. I would imagine this is the case with debilitation as well, as only the relative difficulty of the contest matters.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 02:17 PM CDT

>There are some spells, like Cyclics, that Symbiosis will appear to work on but don't actually do anything. Lethargy might be one of those.

Which cyclics? I have not seen symbiosis work with any cyclics. Lethargy is a debil - I have also not seen symbiosis work with any debil.
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 02:22 PM CDT

>Which cyclics? I have not seen symbiosis work with any cyclics.

all of them that I've seen, mostly Cleric and Empath. You can prep symb and next cast it will be used but it doesn't actually make it more difficult.
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 02:31 PM CDT

No? AFAIK not a single Empath or Cleric cyclic interfaces with symbioses.

>prep regen 12
With meditative movements you prepare your body for the Regenerate spell.

>prep sym
You recall the exact details of the Chaos symbiosis, preparing to integrate it with the next spell you cast.

>cast
You gesture.
Rutilant sparks of light encircle you, bathing you in a warm glow as your body begins to tingle with energy.

>discern regen
The spell requires at minimum 5 mana streams and you think you can reinforce it with 8 more, for a total of 13 streams.
Roundtime: 8 sec.

Interestingly though, casting a cyclic clears a prepared symbiosis.

I tried with AD, GS, Regen, Rezz, GhS, and HYH-Male. Same results on all, each prepped and cast 1 point below DISCERNs reported max.
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 02:33 PM CDT

>>Interestingly though, casting a cyclic clears a prepared symbiosis.

That's what I'm saying. You can prep it and it will use it but it doesn't do anything
Re: Chaos symbiosis and paralysis 06/18/2015 02:59 PM CDT

Oh, ok, I misunderstand what you were saying then.