Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 10:16 AM CDT
As a side obsveration: Wouldn't spending TDP towards wisdom help with raising?

Wisdom:
The character's worldly knowledge, intuition and personal ability to apply life experience to various situations. Primarily affects will-based spells, strength of spirit, and the rate one learns from one's experiences.
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:05 AM CDT
I believe that it's a hard MD req to get Rezz in the orb but raising Disc wouldn't hurt I'm sure
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:11 AM CDT
Well my MD is currently at 89, and I've been trying to decide how to spend my 144 TDP.. figured directed it at something that might help rezz
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:14 AM CDT
I did some testing on Raise a while back, at 96th circle it took me 100 mana to find a 104th circle empath with 6 favors. More than 6 favors did nothing for the amount of mana required, however for each favor below 6 the amount of mana required was raised by 50.

Smegul and I were talking about this on WOE though and he thinks that the amount of mana required is dependent on how much you infuse at a time, I haven't tried to test this yet but the tests that I did were all infusing 5 mana
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:17 AM CDT
I think Smeggers is right about that: I usually infuse 20 mana, and seldom need more than 3 such infusions to find the spirit.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:22 AM CDT
>>I think Smeggers is right about that: I usually infuse 20 mana, and seldom need more than 3 such infusions to find the spirit.

If I find someone willing to die, or not atk with crappy log triggers I might test this out
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:22 AM CDT
Well then I have quite a ways to go. I backfire out when I harness/infuse more than 8-10 mana. At 7, I can usually get it working and keep it going for a while but like I said I haven't found anybody. Only sensed nearby spirits.
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:25 AM CDT
>>If I find someone willing to die, or not atk with crappy log triggers I might test this out

When and where? No triggers on me, and I have a couple of TF chars with a decent number of favors.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:27 AM CDT
>>When and where? No triggers on me, and I have a couple of TF chars with a decent number of favors.

Hrm, I'd either need Sawbones atk or control of gator back but anytime is good, are any of your characters high? It'd probably yield better results if there was a lot of mana involved
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:28 AM CDT
>>Well then I have quite a ways to go. I backfire out when I harness/infuse more than 8-10 mana. At 7, I can usually get it working and keep it going for a while but like I said I haven't found anybody. Only sensed nearby spirits.

Infusion is a really tough ability. At 650 PM and HA I can only infuse 40 mana safely
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:30 AM CDT
>>Hrm, I'd either need Sawbones atk or control of gator back but anytime is good, are any of your characters high? It'd probably yield better results if there was a lot of mana involved

Hmm- No, I think the highest one is only circle 7 or something like that. I'll have to dust them off and check.

Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:32 AM CDT
>>Infusion is a really tough ability. At 650 PM and HA I can only infuse 40 mana safely

That it is. While I had only a bit under 400 in my magics when I got the ability, my results were comparable and proportionate.

Ryeka again

Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:35 AM CDT
So is that to say that my PM and Harness which are currently at about 150 ranks each would each need to be around 400 each before I can expect to raise? ... That can't be right.
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:37 AM CDT
It isn't. You should be able to since you have the ability- but it will be harder for you than it is for some of us Old Fogies. ;)

I do have a suggestion: If you have the spells, throw up POM and as large a self-cast vigil as you can. At the very least, that will give you more mana to work with.

Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:38 AM CDT
I have POM and Vigil, heh though POM is a nasty piece of work when it comes to the stun factor.
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 11:43 AM CDT
::LOL:: Agreed about POM. Most times when I cast it, I make sure to be sitting down and nowhere near a hunting ground. Though if you recast before the first cast wears off, there is no stun.

I have a theory about Vigil helping some with finding lost spirits.

Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 12:08 PM CDT
>>I have a theory about Vigil helping some with finding lost spirits.

I'll test this too, found a victim just waiting for an empath
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 12:32 PM CDT
As of:

It has been 391 years, 147 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
It is the 4th month of Shorka the Cobra in the year of the Crystal Snow Hare.
It is currently spring and from here you can only see that it's daytime.

I raised my FIRST deader! Woohoo!

Seems casting Vigil helped. I didn't cast POM.
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 12:48 PM CDT
Yay! Congratulations!

Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 01:04 PM CDT
Now that I've done it once, I can safely say it's deceptively easy to do. It's all about skills or lack of, and how much easier it should be once I can raise with the help of OM.
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 01:32 PM CDT
Next time I stumble across a deader I'll experiment on them!

I'd be interested to see other folks' data though.
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 01:59 PM CDT
Found a deader!

I stand by my 50 being the minimum to see someone.

Interestingly it appears the amount you're holding when you cast the spell makes a difference. Harn 60, cast, infuse 50 -- see em every time. If I cast holding just 10, and then harnessed and infused as time went on, it took 55.

I saw no evidence that the amount you infuse per infusion makes a difference. However, it's also possible that I am so far above this particular deader that I was at the minimum cap regardless.
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 03:39 PM CDT
Vigil seems to be the magic bullet. Using it twice, I raised twice, making my second raise in one day. :)
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 04:31 PM CDT
Well, that supports the Charisma theory. Kinda.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: I made it! 07/21/2008 09:47 AM CDT
>Seems casting Vigil helped. I didn't cast POM.

Keep POM up and it won't stun you. It will really speed things up.
Re: I made it! 07/21/2008 10:20 AM CDT
I bet rezz needs only 100 MD ranks for it to go in the OM orb. It's not that hard of a spell. But it sure is the most useful thing, especially if you get distracted while raising, need to wait for the body to be healed, or Rej/SB wear off during infusion.

Also, in regards to PoM you do know if you recast it before the spell drops you don't get the stun, right? I am always checking to see how much time I have before the spell wears off, so I can recast it. Usually I only have to sit through the stun once or twice a night.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: I made it! 07/21/2008 11:19 AM CDT
And if you have Centering up, and infused to the Anti-Stun point, the stun typically will only last a second or two before AS knocks you back out.

However, that only works if Centering is in the orb.....using a held mana Centering to cast POM will drop Centering before POM casts...I figured that out last night in Gryphons....

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: I made it! 07/21/2008 02:03 PM CDT
It takes 100 ranks of MD to weave Rezz into an orb? Geez.. guess I better work harder on MD...
Re: I made it! 07/21/2008 02:37 PM CDT
With over 600 PM, I find that most raises for the mid level circle range are exactly 60 mana infused, 20 at a time.

I've found this to be the case in the significant majority. 60 mana, consistently.

- Tyrun
Re: I made it! 07/21/2008 03:26 PM CDT
>>With over 600 PM, I find that most raises for the mid level circle range are exactly 60 mana infused, 20 at a time.

>>I've found this to be the case in the significant majority. 60 mana, consistently.

With 650 PM infusing 35 mana at a time I find this not to be the case. Like I said before though, most of the people I raise are 150th
Re: I made it! 07/21/2008 03:56 PM CDT
With almost 600 PM myself but being only 35th circle, I think PM has almost nothing to do with it.
Re: I made it! 07/21/2008 07:03 PM CDT
I have 422 PM and I see lower circle people with two 25 mana infusions.

-Gheist
Re: I made it! 07/21/2008 08:31 PM CDT
> It takes 100 ranks of MD to weave Rezz into an orb? Geez.. guess I better work harder on MD...

I have almost 96 ranks in MD and can't do it yet so, I'd say so.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page