[TEST] Cleric Magic 04/04/2016 07:06 PM CDT
Thanks for the notes. Dunno if this is a bug or not, but noticed this while playing with Mass Rejuv:

>focus cloud
You focus your magical senses on a cloud of silver-grey mist.
The cloud is the product of a composite matrix known as Mass Rejuvenation, effected by the Rejuvenation and Ring of Blessings spells.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

Should it still reference Ring of Blessings?

Also, could you give a bit more info about Time of the Red Spiral? 3 slots seems steep for a meta-spell I don't know much about. For those in question, here is the discern:
>discern totrs
At the end of the Starry Road, outside the care and protection of other gods, the crucible of the Dark Thirteen awaits the unrepentant and spiritually damaged. What we call the Red Spiral is where They burn the error out of evil souls in preparation for an eternity with the divine. The dissolution of personality is an unspeakably painful process which can take an arbitrary, perhaps even infinite, amount of time.

As the Moon Mages gaze at the constellations that are echoes of the gods' sacred symbols, some of them claim to have seen a red spiral in the blackness beyond the stars. Truth? Who knows. Perhaps it's Aldauth showing them their final destination. Whatever the mysteries of the Red Spiral, the knowledge of this spell will incite your Harm Evil or Harm Horde every so often, giving the wicked an early taste of its fury.

This is a metaspell. In general, metaspells are not cast, but instead are prepared, invoked, or passively used to gain some benefit that alters one or more other spells. Before you can learn this spell, you must know Harm Evil. It will also cost three spell slots.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/04/2016 07:26 PM CDT
>>Should it still reference Ring of Blessings?

Fixed.

>>Also, could you give a bit more info about Time of the Red Spiral?

Every so often it makes your HE or HH hit much harder -- you should notice when it happens. How often? It's based on your TM skill (the Targeted Mastery feat helps too). It also has a couple of minor bonus effects, but I'll leave them PAFO for now.

GM Grejuva
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/04/2016 08:20 PM CDT

Really really liking the changes as far as I've tested them thus far. Also a personal fan of the new metaspell being related to the Red Spiral!
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/04/2016 08:39 PM CDT

May I ask why RoB was removed?

~Gab
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/04/2016 09:01 PM CDT
So, is it intended that the dispel effect from HoT can target the holy damage booster effect of Divine Radiance?

Your hand suddenly burns to a crisp!
You gesture at Person with your withered claw for a hand.
What feels like hot lead runs in the marrow of your bones. Gritting your teeth, you direct the fulminant energy at Person.
The light about Person explodes into a cascading shower of brilliant sparks!
Person's targe deflects something.
Person howls as his jawbone shatters with a loud crack.

The blast tears down his Divine Radiance spell!
The searing lights fade from around Person.
Person is knocked completely senseless!

Roundtime: 1 sec.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/04/2016 09:30 PM CDT
>>May I ask why RoB was removed?

Group spells are going to be a strength of Paladin and Bard magic, and Clerics are moving away from that direction. There are other, technical reasons as well.

>>So, is it intended that the dispel effect from HoT can target the holy damage booster effect of Divine Radiance?

Fixed.

GM Grejuva
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/05/2016 06:27 AM CDT
To elaborate, we're changing the approach across the board for how buffing others will work, though most of that won't be in this release cycle.

These changes should be generally beneficial across the board and better facilitate group activities.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/05/2016 01:02 PM CDT
I like the changes and bug fixes. Only qualm I have is with the new spell. Aesthetically it has a nice feel to it but in practice 3 slots for a spell that you can't control and affects two niche spells seems like a pass at least to me.

Didn't see Mass Rejuv as a spell option so was wondering what the spell cost will be.

Also without ROB anymore I take it the area casting feat is a moot point now.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/05/2016 01:05 PM CDT
>>Also without ROB anymore I take it the area casting feat is a moot point now.

That's something that may not make 3.2's immediate release but suffice it to say I need to quietly murder some code.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/05/2016 01:17 PM CDT

Mass Rejuve is one slot.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/06/2016 06:50 AM CDT
>...but in practice 3 slots for a spell that you can't control and affects two niche spells seems like a pass at least to me.

This, I have zero plans on ever picking up ToTRS, I rarely purposely hunt undead and being as it would only buff spells useful against them I'd likely never use it. Personal choice I know, but I like the living hunting ladder options better overall. And then the whole random element, didn't like that either, especially at the slot cost for a meta, for a "max" HE we'd have to spend 5 slots (single target, single strike, only undead spell), for HH we'd have to spend 7 slots for a "max" version that is useful against less than half the hunting options. Sounds very expensive to me.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/06/2016 07:15 AM CDT
>>This, I have zero plans on ever picking up ToTRS, I rarely purposely hunt undead and being as it would only buff spells useful against them I'd likely never use it. Personal choice I know, but I like the living hunting ladder options better overall. And then the whole random element, didn't like that either, especially at the slot cost for a meta, for a "max" HE we'd have to spend 5 slots (single target, single strike, only undead spell), for HH we'd have to spend 7 slots for a "max" version that is useful against less than half the hunting options. Sounds very expensive to me. <<

FWIW, in Test, ToTRS was nuking me for 45+% vitality and seemed to proc whenever the heavy TM timer was up. I was on a WM who had a little Divine Outrage from casting Blood Burst.

Mazrian
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/06/2016 12:32 PM CDT
I like the flavor of ToTRS for sure, especially since I prefer to hunt only Undead/Cursed myself. I'll be picking it up for sure. However, I do have to question if it isn't just...overkill. HE and HH already hit like a freight train in regards to the things they can effect. Is damage the only thing it does? Is there any way we can think to have it add additional effects if so?

The other thing that I love is being able to see Osrel Meraud's charge level in the Active Spells window. What I would wish for in regards to that as well is to see the relative duration of the spells IN the orb itself. I have an alarm set on a weekly basis that reminds me to refresh them before they wear out and get me killed, but more info would be nice.

Prydaen prayer for the hunt:
http://pastebin.com/fRrP52H7
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/06/2016 02:17 PM CDT
TOTRS definitely has a few potentially useful other effects depending on your personal inclinations.

TOTRS was the difference between Liurilias nailing me for half my vitality vs. outright one-shotting me with a single cast.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/06/2016 03:21 PM CDT

I'm not disputing that what TOTRS does it does reasonably well even without the ability to control it. Maybe if there were more undead/cursed options for hunting, especially for skinning, it would seem worth picking up the spells to go with it.

I think my bigger issue is with HE and HH and not TOTRS specifically. Though, with a commitment of 5 slots total for the single target and 8-10 for the aoe (Don't recall what HH will be reduced to) it would need to be a staple of my everyday spells and not the one off for random necros and even more random people with outrage, since for hunting there are a lot better options were FOU is perfectly fine regardless of being undead or not.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/06/2016 05:25 PM CDT

I want to say HE is maybe 2 slots, and HH is being reduced to 3.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/10/2016 09:07 PM CDT

Late to the party here, but I'm surprised whenever I see Clerics not hunting undead. I know there are chunks of the ladder where living critters are preferable (gryphons), but there are so many great undead options, and while Cleric anti-undead fun is missing PS, bless + PFE + HE is pretty awesome.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/10/2016 11:23 PM CDT

PS was updated to stun Undead again.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/11/2016 11:54 AM CDT
PS+Halo means you have a fantastic quick get out of combat combo against the undead as well.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/11/2016 02:02 PM CDT

Even better!
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/11/2016 02:02 PM CDT

And btw, the update to OS showing how full it is on the active spell window is AWESOME.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 04/16/2016 12:15 AM CDT
Great updates, all around.

I really enjoy the messaging and damage output of Time of the Red Spiral, but I don't really understand the 3-slot cost there for a metaspell with a niche functionality. Much as I'd like the extra "oomph" against Necromancers and the undead, it's a tough sell at that price.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 05/23/2016 05:43 AM CDT
<<What I would wish for in regards to that as well is to see the relative duration of the spells IN the orb itself

Have i been wrong in thinking this entire time that spells in an orb are indefinite? Cause if that's not the case then ive been hunting months with 7 expired spells that i keep permanently in my orb.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 05/23/2016 05:43 AM CDT
<<What I would wish for in regards to that as well is to see the relative duration of the spells IN the orb itself

Have i been wrong in thinking this entire time that spells in an orb are indefinite? Cause if that's not the case then ive been hunting months with 7 expired spells that i keep permanently in my orb.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 05/23/2016 08:55 AM CDT
>>Have i been wrong in thinking this entire time that spells in an orb are indefinite? Cause if that's not the case then ive been hunting months with 7 expired spells that i keep permanently in my orb.

A few weeks ago I had 3 spells in my orb "expire" even though the orb was "full." This was the first time this had happened to me.....ever. I asked a Cleric Elder (You know who you are :) )who confirmed to me that they actually do expire.

But now I wish I knew exactly how it works.

~Gab
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 05/23/2016 09:28 AM CDT
Even "indefinite" spells expire eventually, after about a week worth of logged in time. This is a sanity measure to make sure that even if a spell gets "stuck" and doesn't come off that it'll eventually winnow out of the system.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 05/23/2016 05:11 PM CDT
Oh. well, it's good to know I've been fighting unbuffed all of this time. Hah! Maybe I can move up to moths after all.. :D

On a test note, I enjoy the new spell. Although, i need to get the tm mastery feat to reduce the reuse timer on it. Aside from a few bugs in test not related to the spells, it was interesting trying them out. I really enjoy the change to SA too, it makes it more useful for vs. living combat without having to recast it every time something dies. So in regards to MRE why not make it so rejuvenation can just be worked into hydras hex, i understand that hydras hex is illegal in justice areas but why not just make malediction and coz illegal so that hydras hex and use rejuve to produce a mass rejuve effect? It would make hydras hex more useful without having to create an entirely new spell. With that being said, why not include divine radiance in that list and make it so it can spread the effect to everything you face. It would be nice, and overpowered... :p

Just some thoughts.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 05/25/2016 04:17 AM CDT
So the update to Soul Attrition that allows it to change targets is pretty nice, but I also noticed that the spell's cap has been reduced from 40 mana to 25. I didn't see this noted in the change log anywhere, so I was curious as to what prompted this update and if we can expect the spell's overall power to be diminished at max prep?

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 05/25/2016 11:32 AM CDT
Cast mod changes were covered in the general patch notes vs noting them for every spell in the game.

There is no loss in power. A spells power is purely a product of where it is in the range between min and max prep.

-Raesh

Re: [TEST] Cleric Magic 05/25/2016 01:54 PM CDT
Awesome, thanks for the update Raesh.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.