Protection of Murrula 10/13/2010 01:12 AM CDT
Can we have a spell that actually does this aspect of Murrula's Flames but separate. I kind of like the room peace bond thing. But, in light of the fact that Paladins have the Banner of Truce spell, perhaps make ours cost more to cast and not last anywhere near as long as theirs does?

Just a thought. Anyone else have thoughts on this idea?
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/13/2010 01:21 AM CDT
Use the Consecration commune gifted by Meraud. It has several interesting applications.
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/13/2010 09:10 AM CDT
Meraud's commune is a 20th circle ability that lasts 3 minutes per circle. That means minimum of 1 hour of a no-violence and no-stealing room, it does require holy water and incense as well as a fairly hefty Devotion hit.

The devotion hit can be rough, but since it's not mana based, you can activate the ability in poor mana rooms or even if you just blew a mana trap.

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/13/2010 11:18 AM CDT
Devotion cost should never be a significant factor in whether or not you use a commune. To be quite honest, it's really rather simple to refill and maintain.
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/13/2010 11:56 AM CDT
We really don't know whether Meraud's commune will survive Magic 3.0.

I am really curious as to what the vision of what our communes are supposed to be is.

Clerics are just so cuddly you can't get mad at them, until they try to rip your soul out and chew on it like a candy bar.
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/13/2010 12:10 PM CDT
That's what I was thinking. With at least two of the commune's going away, what's to say the rest of the commune's will stay when they aren't nearly as useful? (or are they and I just don't know how useful they are).

I hardly ever used commune's up until recently when I found out the defense and offensive boost ones were way out of wack and stuff. I mean, it's great that Cleric's have as many quests as they do and I'd hate to see them go away, it was just a thought I was having to turn the protection portion of the MF spell into an actual spell.
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/13/2010 12:28 PM CDT
Double post. Sorry. Had another thought.

In regards to Meraud's Commune, while it is useful, does Meraud's Commune stay up if you as the cleric leave the room? If it does this might annoy some other folks to no end. Plus, if a High Circle Cleric puts up the Commune, you're guaranteeing a pretty long amount of time that that room is going stay peace-bonded. (not to mention raised mana, etcetera). This is very useful for rezzing people.

But... Not everyone wants to raise the power and not everyone wants to keep the room peace-bonded for long, extensive periods of time. Thus a fairly decent high prep spell with a short amount of time, like say 20 rois (10 Minutes) max, perhaps make it like the MF spell in itself like once used, it's going to take awhile before you can reattune yourself to the spell.

It doesn't even have to be called Protection of Murrula or Murrula's Protection, perhaps another God aspect altogether. We can name it Hodierna's Hand or Berengaria's Udder or Tamsine's Paw or Albreda's Wings. (Just thoughts).

(Any paladins want to weigh in, I don't know how long your banner of truce spell lasts but it seems like it can last for forever)
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/13/2010 12:34 PM CDT
The commune does stay in place if the cleric walks out of the room: I have cast the commune a few times and felt it going down later during invasions.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/13/2010 12:35 PM CDT
Honestly if I had to guess, the only unbalancing communes we have are the offensive and defensive one. I don't see why they'd take the rest away -- a small swimming boost or making a room safe for ~5.5 hours (at 110th circle..) are convenience things more than unbalancing. Only thing I can think of that those two cancel out are requiring a ranger for Caiman's or canceling out a paladin needing to re-banner a [triage] room every 20 minutes.

But that's all pure speculation, and I'm definitely of the wait-and-see persuasion in almost all things. Heh

Segmere
Shadow Priest, Baron's Own Militia

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep." ~WC Fields
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/13/2010 01:04 PM CDT
Oh the good old days of having a Cleric make the outside of the bank no steal.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/13/2010 02:14 PM CDT
yeah, or outside festival grounds. i used to hate that. :-)

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Protection of Murrula 10/14/2010 02:17 AM CDT
>>In regards to Meraud's Commune, while it is useful, does Meraud's Commune stay up if you as the cleric leave the room? If it does this might annoy some other folks to no end. Plus, if a High Circle Cleric puts up the Commune, you're guaranteeing a pretty long amount of time that that room is going stay peace-bonded. (not to mention raised mana, etcetera). This is very useful for rezzing people.<<

According to my notes, Meraud's takes 150 devotion, and the total devotion pool is only about 900. So that's 6 rooms. And that's not exactly a trivial amount of devotion.

I REALLY want more info on what's going down with communes, because the little rituals to get devotion and maintain it are bit reasons I even play a cleric (Though I'll admit, it's my third-highest now about 18th circle).

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/14/2010 11:37 AM CDT
>making a room safe for ~5.5 hours (at 110th circle..)

Not that I really care, but doesn't that seem like an excessive amount of time? It caps at what, 7 and a half hours?

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/14/2010 11:54 AM CDT
For me, communes changing will be a radical mindset for me about clerics. In its own way, this will be far more radical for clerics than any of the spell changes- so yes- I would like to know more about what is planned. I

Clerics are just so cuddly you can't get mad at them, until they try to rip your soul out and chew on it like a candy bar.
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/14/2010 06:15 PM CDT
What would the benefit be? I'd say being able to just type Invoke Orb to activate oh, seven or so buff spells in like three seconds at the cost of no mana would be its own benefit.

Just saying.

"The Necromancers are outcasts and not the funny "shade and water" kind."
Re: Protection of Murrula 10/14/2010 07:11 PM CDT
>What would the benefit be? I'd say being able to just type Invoke Orb to activate oh, seven or so buff spells in like three seconds at the cost of no mana would be its own benefit.
Assuming this is part of the OM conversation, invoking spells stored in the orb is the purpose of Abeyant Orison.

OM will allow us to keep our buffs up without the need to recast them for as long as OM is active. Depending on duration and whether the spell can be refreshed/replaced is going to influence how useful OM is. 3 minute duration spells that need to drop before they can be recast will make OM real nice. 2 Hour long duration that can stacked (like current PFE), not so useful with OM.

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"