RE: Development News 07/13/2010 04:06 PM CDT
I'm extremely excited about the magic changes, Grejuva.

Will uncurse become more useful as a metamagic spell?

Will Meraud's Cry, conceptually, still require stripping of devotion to remove magic from the area?

- Tyrun
RE: Development News 07/13/2010 04:44 PM CDT
>>Will uncurse become more useful as a metamagic spell?

Maybe!

>>Will Meraud's Cry, conceptually, still require stripping of devotion to remove magic from the area?

If you mean the "health of your soul" bit in the spell description, that's not referring to devotion.

GM Grejuva
RE: Development News 07/13/2010 04:56 PM CDT
Like Tyrun, I am completely excited about everything I just read in your post.
RE: Development News 07/13/2010 05:11 PM CDT
All these changes sound pretty awesome

What's not mentioned above..

I saw mentioned in a post somewhere that in Magic 3.0 there will be spells requiring more than one slot off-set by the fact that we'll be getting more spell slots faster. Is this basically going to end up balancing out to about the same (i.e. as a cleric you're gaining excess spell slots by about 90th circle, depending on scrolls spells you've learned, etc.).

Seg's 105th with 4 excess slots, am I going to end up with 14 excess or be short on slots for spells in the future?

I'd say I'm hoping for the latter of these two, b/c even though I'm very happy with my current (read: entire Clerical) repertoire of spells I'd be okay with having a reason to circle again beyond TDPs.

Thanks.

Segmere
Shadow Priest, Baron's Own Militia

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep." ~WC Fields
RE: Development News 07/13/2010 05:50 PM CDT
Wait for the more general Magic 3.0 post, which Zeyurn and I are planning to hammer out tonight. Spell slots are a major area of change and even the brief discussion we've had here today is probably leaving some erroneous impressions.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
RE: Development News 07/13/2010 08:37 PM CDT
Overall sounds good. Part of me is cranky about having to learn new stuff(there is a reason I don't go to other games and its name is laziness), but I also recognize that this system seems more modular(therefore easier to develope) and that this will afford an opportunity to perhaps better balance out developement between guilds, so I see the value.

Sure going to be a lot of work on your plates though.
RE: Development News 07/13/2010 10:35 PM CDT
Very exciting.

I hate to focus on just one aspect, but I'm at work, so I can only skim. So I focused on the spell i've always liked to have but wouldn't really spend a slot for...

My first thought: I hope that when Glythtide's Gift becomes a real spell, there will be some modifications/additions to it to make it a bit more appealing?? Just having it create random alcoholic drinks is a bit of a drip. I would love it if it could do more... *big sparkly hopeful eyes*
RE: Development News 07/13/2010 11:00 PM CDT
>>I hope that when Glythtide's Gift becomes a real spell, there will be some modifications/additions to it to make it a bit more appealing?? Just having it create random alcoholic drinks is a bit of a drip. I would love it if it could do more...

How else would it become a real spell? :P

GM Grejuva
RE: Development News 07/13/2010 11:05 PM CDT
Can you comment on how you're going to make it a real spell?
RE: Development News 07/13/2010 11:11 PM CDT
>>Can you comment on how you're going to make it a real spell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1--SaGvs3es

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
RE: Development News 07/13/2010 11:17 PM CDT
>How else would it become a real spell? :P

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! After years and years of begging and praying!! :)

Fine, I will circle just so I can have a spell slot free. Wait no... I'll do it the way I do when a new phone I like comes out. I wait a year while other people test it, and THEN I choose it. :P

Oooh, lethal spirit magic. :) I can't wait to see how that will turn out.

I'm also excited about titles!
RE: Development News 07/14/2010 04:35 AM CDT
I'll chime in like Sparkle Kitty; I'm super excited about everything listed. Thank you for the post.

lol, Antinomic Socery. That's just an awesome name right there.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.-Armifer

I don't think we ever take the training wheels off as players or gamemasters.-Inauri
RE: Development News 07/14/2010 03:28 PM CDT
Oooh, idea for Glythetide's Gift!

With a high mana prep, cast it on a critter. A torrent of <booze of convenience> cascades down on the critter! The critter becomes drunk!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
RE: Development News 07/14/2010 09:28 PM CDT
Teehee, Ryeka!

>prep gift 50

>target goblin

>cast

A giant butter cake with candy pink frosting appears out of nowhere and lands on a speckled goblin's head. Bellowing in rage, the goblin struggles to break free from the mess but slips on a patch of frosting and falls down!

Goblin sees: Whoops! You slip on some frosting and fall down, hitting your head.
You are stunned and lying down!
Roundtime: 444 seconds

:)

>prep gift 15

>target Ryeka

>cast

A sudden burst of sound fills the air as an invisible choir raise their voices in merry thanksgiving! A half-dozen freshly baked tarts of varying flavors and colors fall from the sky above Ryeka's head. Ryeka acts swiftly, her outstretched hands picking each falling tart from the air without a wasted movement.

Ryeka sees: Uh oh! Tarts incoming! Acting quickly, you duck and turn in one smooth flowing motion to catch all the tasty tarts. With a triumphant cry, you hold your newly caught treasure in your hands!

l Ryeka:
You see small pile of tarts in her right hand and a small pile of tarts in her left hand.

(sorry, i don't know which other characters you play, Ryeka! haha.)

Alternatively, it would be nice if the "gift" could give some kind of boost. Perhaps random temporary bonuses...Would that be stepping on toes?

..Pam
RE: Development News 07/14/2010 09:47 PM CDT
::LOL!:: Too many to name quickly, Pam. But some of them would love tarts! Especially the plat-side trader!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
RE: Development News 07/16/2010 11:34 AM CDT
Successfully cast high prep GG at a Bard and you are instantly bonded to them.

Lethal spirit....like old-school Chill Spirit type lethal?