In search of ideas. 05/12/2009 11:49 PM CDT
Greetings fellow clerics,

Recently, I've been looking into doing a, so to say, church sermon in honor of the gods for our group going to Dunshade. I have been brainstorming and trying to come up with ideas for how a church service would be ran in the realms and so I turn to the boards to see if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.

I'm thinking that it'll be mostly a prayer for protection for the group going to Dunshade and also a bit of a ritual going through and blessing weapons and such, but trying to make it more RP than just prepping spells pre-quest.

Any feedback would be great, and if you don't feel like posting it on the boards, you can e-mail me also (halamar@play.net)

Thanks in advance for any ideas that you can come up with.

Raven Priest Shevden Helvalik
Re: In search of ideas. 05/13/2009 07:20 AM CDT

<<and also a bit of a ritual going through and blessing weapons and such>>

if i recall correctly back when i played plat, i went on dunshade, and theres some sort of rags you can wipe your weapons on during the quest to keep them blessed. <the rags don't work once you're out of the quest area> good luck to you. my cleric character there is the one that went on it, was fun.

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Re: In search of ideas. 05/13/2009 08:11 AM CDT
Nice idea. Hopefully these suggestions will get you started:

Possibly focus on Kertigen- to keep the weapons and armor in good shape; and then on Everild or Kuniyo for a good battle. Truffenyi for general protection.

Come to think of it I think there is a prayer scroll for Kertigen, Everild and Truffenyi for sale some where. I'll check on that.

When I've run prayer services in the past, I usually start out by doing simple rituals: washing the altar, pouring wine on it. I usually light a candle and some incense and then ring a bell you can get from the cleric shops. Then I just use the PREACH verb and make a little speech appropriate for the service and maybe call on a certain God or two to over see the group for whatever. Then I ask for other people to make offerings (beads, charms from the shop in Shard, even just lighting candles) to whatever God they deem appropriate and they can say a few words if they want.

Pretty simple. You could probably work Bless, PFE, MAPP casts into that towards the end.

If I think of any other ideas I'll let you know.

~Player of "One of the Caels."
Queen of Non-Sequitors
Re: In search of ideas. 05/13/2009 09:26 AM CDT
There's a prayer scroll sold on Aesry that's advertised as "Prayer Before Facing the Undead, traditional prayer"

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Item:Feathered_parchment
Re: In search of ideas. 05/13/2009 11:26 AM CDT
The scroll I was thinking of was to Everild Kuniyo and Trothfang. Apparently my memory is shot.

There's also a prayer to Everild before battle that I remember being pretty good as well. But maybe that's just my memory again. :)

~Player of "One of the Caels."
Queen of Non-Sequitors