Re: "Standard" Religion of Elanthia? 07/02/2007 02:29 PM CDT
I took Tallis' response to that question to be a joke.

However, I do have a question about something else that Tallis did not speak to.

>>Caelumia says, "Idon is an Immortal, a symbol for vanity and the art of ambush and stealth as well as a paragon of lust."

>>Kloegar asks, "Wait...you mean you worship the art of lust?"

>>Caelumia says to Kloegar, "Hedonism has its place in life, yes."

And Idon's profile actually states,

>>Despite his brash vanity, Idon is charismatic -- even charming. His lustful nature is legendary. A popular expression in the Knife Clan is "By Idon!" When asked why they use this turn of phrase, the response invariably is: "Because half of us are!"

This suggests something I've never thought to consider before. By the standard religion of Elanthia, Idon is considered a god. If he's so terribly lustful, how many kids does he have at this point? Or is he impotent? Divine contraceptive does not sound all that likely, based on what I know of charismatic, lusty people.

Differently, I recall a song about Meraud and Kertigen fighting over Hodierna. Ye Olde Damsel in Distress bit, with a bit of Damaris thrown in, but it makes me wonder... did they ever have kids? And by "they", I refer to any combination.

I wonder... do we have equivalents to people like Hercules or Jason of the Argo?

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Diarik
http://tinyurl.com/3ch2oz (Spiritweaving)

Holiness of soul lies within integrity of spirit. - Book of Eluned, Magica Bona
Re: "Standard" Religion of Elanthia? 07/02/2007 02:57 PM CDT
>>Tallis' recent approach is extremely hardline and frankly more reminiscent of Christian dogma than anything the religion of the Thirteen was modeled after. It has me wondering what direction this event is meant to go in, because where it's leading to now is...scary.

One could argue that Tallis being a priestess of Rutilor has taken the phrase "defender of the Gods" to a whole new level. Which is pretty much the stance Cael has taken at this point.

Perhaps something needs to be done to bring the Western Gods of the Rakash and Prydaen into the Elanthian guild. To my knowledge this as never been addressed until now (and I could be wrong, I started playing after they migrated). Tallis has made her official stand which may or may not be based off of the values of the Immortal she follows. Some of the clerics agree, some don't. What do the other guild leaders say? Or are they all blindly following along?

I, for one, am interested in seeing where this heads, even if it is somewhat scary.

-Player of "One of the Caels" and a Bard

Bromus asks Kobmand, "Hey, so I got a few plats on me now, you think ya can set me up with some samatak-addicted sheep like ya said last time?"
Re: "Standard" Religion of Elanthia? 07/02/2007 03:05 PM CDT
>> I, for one, am interested in seeing where this heads, even if it is somewhat scary.

You guys can borrow a bit of guild division and polarity from the Moon Mages. We've got plenty to spare. ;)

Rev. Reene

http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/ainghazal.jpeg

Idon: "Hey, is it just me, or does this new dock here look a little off?"
Me: "I built it."
Idon: "Oh. Heh. That explains it."