Resurrection 03/13/2013 11:29 PM CDT
Was discussing with someone else just a few moments ago, and noticed the Gemrardi posts going in this direction, so started a new topic.

Top Five things Resurrection should do, in light of what DR is now that it's 15+ years old, beyond DR3.0, and what not:

1: Somehow allow for some of the mindstates still to be available to resurrected individual.
2: Retain some of the bonuses (Confidence, Inner Fire, or what not).
3: Save those Scrolls.
4: Better vitality, fatigue, and spirit, then if you depart (don't know if there is a difference but there should be).
5: Maybe some type of Immortal's Boon, that energizes you for a short period with Holy Magic, Immortal Radiance, or something.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Resurrection 03/13/2013 11:36 PM CDT
These are great ideas. Maybe tie them into Theurgy, to create some use for the skill? Or tie them to a ritual or commune.

I think Resurrection should be special, but I don't think automatically removing all the penalties and disincentives from dying should be a given.

GENT
Re: Resurrection 03/13/2013 11:46 PM CDT
Well of course, why I used some for most of my 5 points, and tried to give a feel for a better, but not prefect for most, of course the fifth one was well, it was just something that hit me as I was trying to come up for a five part. It seems to come into being, of course what I haven't touched on is what about that cleric, I mean shouldn't the cleric get something, some fulfillment, other then, -pat on back- 'good job Falvius (or whomever)'.

And certainly I think just like how the upper level (ability) clerics can raise someone and have them standing, and the lower ones everyone is still laying about (including the collapsed cleric). There should be a benefit to being that better cleric who is able to pump more mana in, has more ability and maybe that Thuergy does work in at something.

I'm bring all this up because to me, it seemed so cool of an idea back in the day, and now with where the game has gone, its look alright well shelf that spell because well, it just isn't that helpful with nowadays stuff. That shouldn't happen, it's supposed to kick. It's supposed to be the muscle car, and people are supposed to be like, 'hot darn, look at it.'

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Resurrection 03/14/2013 12:10 AM CDT
>>Top Five things Resurrection should do

Interesting timing for this particular post, considering that some of the items mentioned are already proposed and being discussed.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Resurrection 03/15/2013 09:56 PM CDT
>>5: Maybe some type of Immortal's Boon, that energizes you for a short period with Holy Magic, Immortal Radiance, or something.

Or maybe a temporary boost to devotion gain on any following rituals!
Re: Resurrection 03/15/2013 11:26 PM CDT
Or maybe candy.

gest blah
You just raised blah, here have some candy.

Woohoo.
Re: Resurrection 03/15/2013 11:40 PM CDT
>>Or maybe candy.

Unless that's a good lookin woman by the name of Candy that's delivering me devotion and/or Theurgy..

no.
Re: Resurrection 03/31/2013 11:27 PM CDT
Resurrection still works with OM, correct?
Re: Resurrection 03/31/2013 11:50 PM CDT
No.
Re: Resurrection 04/01/2013 12:01 AM CDT
Sheesh. Never fails. OM was a big help. Why the removal?
Re: Resurrection 04/01/2013 01:24 AM CDT
>>Sheesh. Never fails. OM was a big help. Why the removal?

Because you can now cast other spells while maintaining a cyclic spell as a basic feature of magic 3.0, so putting it in the orb would be redundant.
Re: Resurrection 04/01/2013 07:22 AM CDT
I'm just remembering how hard it was before 3.0 to raise the dead without OM. Haven't experienced any cyclic spells yet so I'm going to assume 3.0 rezz-OM is just as easy as 2.0 rezz+OM was.
Re: Resurrection 04/01/2013 09:49 AM CDT
With the Raw Channeling feat(which is pretty much a must anyways IMO) it's a non-issue. It's so convenient I hadn't even thought to check and see if Resurrection could still go in OM.
Re: Resurrection 04/01/2013 09:57 AM CDT
<< I'm just remembering how hard it was before 3.0 to raise the dead without OM. Haven't experienced any cyclic spells yet so I'm going to assume 3.0 rezz-OM is just as easy as 2.0 rezz+OM was.

It is! Now go forth and experience the glory of cyclic spells.

Nikpack
Re: Resurrection 04/01/2013 04:13 PM CDT
Raise takes a while to get use to. But once you figure out your limits, its pretty easy. Just preach folks to keep a ratio of one favor for every six circles. If they get to the point of one favor for every tenth circle, its time to start replenshing. It really helps to allow clerics of all skill ranges an easier time to find the soul.
Re: Resurrection 04/01/2013 05:27 PM CDT
>>Just preach folks to keep a ratio of one favor for every six circles.

This ratio quickly breaks down at level 80+.
Re: Resurrection 04/01/2013 07:49 PM CDT
it really isn't hard to maintain. My lvl 130 moon mage, is being raised with two infuses of 20 with 30 favors.
Re: Resurrection 04/01/2013 09:11 PM CDT

I don't bother to get more than 15 favors- the maximum number my totem will give me.

While more favors makes it easier for the cleric- why would non-clerics really care?
Re: Resurrection 04/02/2013 09:40 PM CDT

>>why would non-clerics really care?

Because if they are too annoying to find I'll just let them rot?

/shrug

If you want to be 100+ and run only a couple favors, then don't expect me to waste my time on you. "You" being a general you.