Gemrardi 03/12/2013 11:06 PM CDT
I don't get onto the game much, and I don't get onto this forum either.

I'm not the original Gemrardi, and not the original JDOERR1.

I've been the Prydaen for the last two years and I think this is going to be my last month for subscription, this last session was brutal, and pathetic and mainly my fault but whatever.

I can't rezz a darn 5th circle character who has 2 favors.

So I'm doing everything wrong, and the DragonRealms universe is better off without someone that has his butt so tight that coal shoved up it would turn into a diamond in a week as Ariya and Pendus alluded to or said out right.

Have fun, I am sorry if my outbursts broke your ability to have fun, but obviously the game is better off without me.

Player of Gemrardi.
Re: Gemrardi 03/13/2013 12:29 AM CDT
If you change your mind on leaving the game, and want some help. Just post here and I will gladly track you down and help you learn how to ressurect and any other things you may struggle with.
Re: Gemrardi 03/13/2013 06:25 AM CDT
Or just try a different guild. You're not 'doing everything wrong' you just working yourself up into a furious lather and frustrating yourself. There's a LOT of new stuff to parse through, and some people are better at drinking out of that firehose than others. I've been in both places.

I'd honestly suggest starting a new character. It's the hands-down easiest way to grow in understanding of all the new systems, and it's an organic way to learn. Right now you're doing the equivalent of putting around on a bicycle, then being slammed into a full blown NASA space shuttle, and expecting yourself to fly rings around helicopters with it. Maybe move up to a motorcycle first.

Pants.
Re: Gemrardi 03/13/2013 06:22 PM CDT
Have you had problems raising any other characters at any other times or was it just this one?

How was your devotion?
Are you using the old or new model of using rezz?
How much mana did you originally cast rezz with?
Did the character have any divine corruption on him? (I forget how to check this, is it PERCEIVE CHARACTER?)

Nikpack
Re: Gemrardi 03/13/2013 06:42 PM CDT

I actually had trouble with a corpse a couple nights ago- I don't know how many times I infused before I finally found his spirit. I can certainly see how it would be frustrating for someone used to bouncing folks back on the feet at 60th level.

I think resurrection is somewhat too difficult now but I really don't care.

I rarely am asked to resurrect anyone and no one really needs a resurrection anymore. Unless I happen to just be standing around it is sort of just a waste of time unless I just feel like doing it.
Re: Gemrardi 03/13/2013 09:03 PM CDT
>I rarely am asked to resurrect anyone and no one really needs a resurrection anymore. Unless I happen to just be standing around it is sort of just a waste of time unless I just feel like doing it.

It's difficult, tedious, takes a long time, and offers little to no reward for the corpse, aside from cutting off death's sting and/or saving a couple favors and similar mildly convenient things, or for the cleric (uh, utility exp..?).

With the current paradigm for favors/depart, rezz is old school in a bad way. It's been rendered redundant, and worse, simply not that worthwhile for anyone.

Pants.
Re: Gemrardi 03/13/2013 11:19 PM CDT
Raising seems only tough depending on many favors people have. Since 3.0 I been raising from lvl 69 to 92. Only issues I ever had with terms of length, is based on how many favors someone has compared to their circle. Specially once you get the basics of resurrection down.
Re: Gemrardi 03/14/2013 07:47 AM CDT

Thinking on this, I feel we are moving in the wrong direction. If the GM's want rezz to be the way it is now that fine, make it a struggle. We can overcome the struggle we will get better in time, I mean the old system was designed to cap around 600 ranks so you hit "good" fairly early. Now it just takes longer.

But when I mean we are going in the wrong direction I mean why punish the clerics for someone who has no favors? that makes absolutely no sense to me. Right now the only punishment a low to favorless person has is deaths sting, and a rank hit... OK so I sit around and wait for sting to fall off, (making a sandwich) then I train a little harder. (not like I wasn't going to do that already) Shoot there is a even a guild designed around the fact that they have no favors and they are doing just fine. Where as clerics are punished for people who will not take the time to get favors by drastically reducing our effectiveness at a signature ability.

Why make me work 5 times harder to help someone who has been lazy then punishing the lazy person? My cleric is in the 90's and if I perceive someone and they have less then "several favors" I tell em it would be quicker to depart unless I know they are just so far below me it wont take to long. I love where the guild is going, and I don't really mind rezzing people in the current system. Except when you have people who have figured out that it is far more time efficient to stay at relatively low favors ask for nothing but a rejuve and depart, skin two critters buy two shields, whatever, feed some totem something and poof back to normal. (why have rezz again?)

TL:DR version ~ Punish people with lower to no favors more. Right now there is no incentive to keep "several favors" except to stop the clerics from whining.
Re: Gemrardi 03/14/2013 08:03 AM CDT
>>TL:DR version ~ Punish people with lower to no favors more. Right now there is no incentive to keep "several favors" except to stop the clerics from whining.

Clerics could handle this themselves by not bothering to help the favorless. I honestly thought that was the point of the penalties. That the idea was supposed to encourage people to carry MORE favors in order to make being raised easier on themselves.
Re: Gemrardi 03/14/2013 08:06 AM CDT

I think that's what everyone is up in arms about, there is no reason to make rezzing easier on themselves. A rezz right now is a depart in the same spot. Nothing more, and maybe even less if you have to wait ages for it.
Re: Gemrardi 03/14/2013 08:31 AM CDT
>A rezz right now is a depart in the same spot.

Did you see the thread where Ricinus posted that there are proposals currently in place to change this?

>>Top Five things Resurrection should do

>Ricinus: Interesting timing for this particular post, considering that some of the items mentioned are already proposed and being discussed.

I bet (hope?) that the amount of exp that stays in your pools, the chance of keeping your scroll spell, etc. will be based on both the skill of the raising cleric AND the number of favors or ratio of favors to circle of the deader.
Re: Gemrardi 03/14/2013 08:44 AM CDT
>Did you see the thread where Ricinus posted that there are proposals currently in place to change this?

...Ricinus post was a direct response to this thread.

That doesn't change the fact that currently rezz is lackluster.

Pants.
Re: Gemrardi 03/14/2013 12:49 PM CDT

>>...Ricinus post was a direct response to this thread.

No, it wasn't. It was a direct response to Shadow7988's thread about suggestions to change Resurrection, not sure why it was posted in conflicts though.

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Clerics/Rants%20and%20Raves%20~%20Clerical%20Conflicts/view/1488

Look at the thread title. It says Resurrection, not Gemrardi.
Re: Gemrardi 03/14/2013 12:57 PM CDT
Theurgy should factor into the difficulty check for finding deaders. More theurgy lowers the threshold for finding someone with fewer favors?

GENT