quest or don't advance.... 07/31/2012 03:27 PM CDT

I HATE the idea of having to complete a quest to advance in the guild. The clerics guild is so deverse and open to different styles of clerics. I burns me that I have to complete a quest to advance a level in the guild. Not like a 100 level quest for a X title or glory. but do a quest for a certain God to advance. What if my cleric does not care much for that God?
Re: quest or don't advance.... 07/31/2012 03:33 PM CDT
>>What if my cleric does not care much for that God?

The Cleric has a decision either to limit his advancement in pursuit of his ideals, or to swallow it and continue his political advancement in a pantheistic church.

Dems da breaks.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: quest or don't advance.... 07/31/2012 03:36 PM CDT
>>What if my cleric does not care much for that God?

I totally get where you're coming from on a player-side level, but ICly if you really hate Immortal X, I don't know if the Guildleaders necessarily care about your personal preferences.

It's like how if your cleric hates teaching, you still have to train teaching. ICly, though, you could always make a stink about doing so, just like you could make a stink about having to acknowledge Eluned or something.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: quest or don't advance.... 07/31/2012 03:43 PM CDT

Good points. As a role player first I actually might do just that. stay at the same level. Not like i really need anything else from the higher levels. I can still hunt where i want and enjoy what I like to do without advancing in the guild. LOL Blas the teaching thing used to be BRUTAL.
Re: quest or don't advance.... 08/01/2012 04:03 PM CDT
>>I HATE the idea of having to complete a quest to advance in the guild. The clerics guild is so deverse and open to different styles of clerics. I burns me that I have to complete a quest to advance a level in the guild. Not like a 100 level quest for a X title or glory. but do a quest for a certain God to advance. What if my cleric does not care much for that God?

The others sort of went over this, but the institutionalized Cleric's guild probably doesn't consider you a "real" Cleric if you dislike certain gods, in the same way a Penecostal church would frown on you disliking the concept of the Trinity, or a Calvinistic church wouldn't be wild about you being opposed to the idea of unconditional election/predestination.
Re: quest or don't advance.... 08/01/2012 04:10 PM CDT

LOL thanks, I am not a real cleric then. I can deal with that.
Re: quest or don't advance.... 08/01/2012 07:01 PM CDT
On the flipside, you can do that quest as a means of learning the more intricate details of that god.

...That way, your hatred for said god is that much more refined and thorough.
Re: quest or don't advance.... 08/03/2012 03:03 AM CDT
>LOL thanks, I am not a real cleric then. I can deal with that.

Join the club.

I found out a few days ago that one can carve and ritualize prayer beads of the Triquetra and Rakash 3. So I've got nothing anchoring me to the 39 as a character except doing actual communes to specific deities.

I personally had no problem with the early communes or their quests, but have no use for the Truff commune. I've used all the other communes in order to at least "see what it does", except the Truff commune.

Mircea

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear