Grouchy Face!! 07/24/2009 11:44 AM CDT
I finally got a nice corpsicle all to myself today.

"Joy!" said I. "I can finally work on raising again because I haven't done it in soooo long..."

Rejuve. Check.
Way to hunt for spirit. All good!
Found soul! Quite quick! Good going, Sorenne!
Okay, soul bond...quickly....

Uh. Hey, how do I actually get 'em breathing again?

scratch head

NUTS!

And in the half a minute it took me to see if I could find a cheat sheet somewhere, someone else did the actual life-breathing part!!

Hmph! says me with a Grouchy Face (tm)!!

At least I remember how now...I think. Hahaha. :)

(Not really a rant. I found it a bit amusing that I remembered everything up until the actual life-breathing bit.)
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/24/2009 01:11 PM CDT
Gesture <corpse>

Segmere
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/24/2009 08:21 PM CDT
DR is a syntax puzzle. =P

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/24/2009 09:15 PM CDT
>DR is a syntax puzzle. =P

Grunt

I remember my younger days (less than 5 years ago!) when I liked syntax puzzles and would go "YOU figure it out, it's not that hard..."

Now I'm old and crotchety (after only 2 years+!) and am searching for cheat sheets.

...bah, who am I kidding? I've always been a lazy bum and would always ask people to give me the answers. :D

Except for one quest. I remember one quest I was very proud about figuring out myself. Wish I remembered what it was...
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 12:11 AM CDT
>>...bah, who am I kidding? I've always been a lazy bum and would always ask people to give me the answers. :D

Btw, you probably don't remember me, but you would have known me as Numen.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 01:15 AM CDT
Is it through posting? Because I seem to recognise the forum name more than the character name.

Please forgive me. I have a terrible knack with names. Colleagues I work with for 3 months, I STILL can't remember their names. :)
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 01:55 AM CDT
It's been four years. Don't worry about it. =P

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 02:12 AM CDT
I got all the Cleric cheat sheets at http://www.drsecrets.com/secrets/wiki/Cleric_Quests

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 08:49 AM CDT
the first time around when i did the "old" rez quest i did it on my own without a cheat sheet. the second time around i used drsecrets. the infusion quest i basically had the immortals <I had it in my spell book which i let my paladin "borrow" and read on the screen while figuring out which way to go. thief stuff i did all on my own, empath stuff i read the cheat sheets for shift the first time i did the quest <in tf>, and moon mage stuff i've had a lot of help from eldrads, barbarian stuff phii's page rocks, ranger stuff i used the cheats cause i did it in TF, paladin stuff so far i've done on my own, but i do have a guide for the holy weapon quest which i havent' gone for yet <gonna do emerald knight quest first>, WM stuff i've sort of done half and half on, and of course necro stuff I'm trying to figure out on my own as soon as it lets me. Traders don't have much beyond what's been on the boards. And bards.... i've pretty much done on my own with a bit of help from the "shop" lists of the various beverages <in tf, i have yet to get those abilities in prime, but there's only so much time in the day.>

Syntax puzzles are a pain though. I once was trying to do a certain thief thing only to find out that the syntax in that particular part of the puzzle was broken. And those days you couldn't even post anything about those abilities on the boards.

Although its good to keep up the semblence of "secrecy" in-game, and keep things in whispers if it must be discussed, in the forums I feel that there's too much chance of having wrong information being given out if things are too hush-hush, and nobody wants to waste their time, and money, doing things the wrong way.

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 08:53 AM CDT
I feel so weird when people say they have a ton of trouble with the Infusion quest.

I got across the bridge on my first try the night it was released (crazy times). And that was before I played a Cleric.

I guess I just got lucky.

Rev. Reene

You hear your mental voice echo, Axiarra, are you still around? We had um... an incident on the third floor.

Your mind hears Vermire thinking, "The screaming, angry souls of the damned count as an "incident?""
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 11:03 AM CDT
>>I guess I just got lucky.

You're probably far more knowledgeable in IG lore than most people.

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 11:05 AM CDT
This event was like 5 or 6 years ago though before I went into the mountains to become a lore-fu master.

I think some of them are just super obscure and some are really obvious and you can get lucky or unlucky. I've never looked at the full list of them.

Rev. Reene

You hear your mental voice echo, Axiarra, are you still around? We had um... an incident on the third floor.

Your mind hears Vermire thinking, "The screaming, angry souls of the damned count as an "incident?""
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 11:11 AM CDT
I think some are too close to being applicable to two gods. Some are incredibly obvious though.

-Armifer
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 12:07 PM CDT
Original Resurrection quest did on my own and enjoyed(as far as I can recall ooooh so long ago). Infusion quest was great fun because Shalade and I went down there together and flailed our way through it. New Resurrection I was originally bound and determined to wait until Flavius had the survivals and the combats to do it without any help, and then one day I just decided to heck with that and got dragged through by a group of friends. MF quest was just too much fun to use cheats for.

I am so much not a purist anymore about it. I have helped enough people through the infusion quest to know that people deal with puzzles in different ways and that has little reflection on the player. However folks manage the quests is fine with me. I just hope that by the time they finish the MF quest they know how to use the spells and abilities they have.
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 12:36 PM CDT
>>I think some are too close to being applicable to two gods. Some are incredibly obvious though.

Yes, but.

It's still one of my favorite quests, tbh. The knowledge required is basic stuff any Cleric RPer should know, plus a little imagination. Yeah, some of the questions could be improved, sure, but a couple falls aren't the end of the world.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 12:38 PM CDT
DEPART ITEMS makes things like the Infusion quest sooooo much better to deal with.

Rev. Reene

Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 01:48 PM CDT
But then you'd have to end up at the Altar of Flesh!

...yeah, I'm not sure why some folks are so concerned about departing down there, it's almost better than walking up.
Re: Grouchy Face!! 07/25/2009 05:45 PM CDT
yeah, the choices you can make are random. the ones i did with my cleric that was in TF seemed easier, and i didn't have to consult "the immortals" <although i had it available>. in prime the questions for some of them didn't have such obvious answers.

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.