Soooo close 07/03/2008 10:11 AM CDT
So, after much training and frustration I manage to begin the MF quest. I go through all of it, kill everything I'm supposed to and put everything where it belongs. The last thing I had to kill gave me a bleeder. Apparently you can't tend a bleeder while you're a spirit but you can sure as hell bleed to death from it just moments from comprehending a statue. Which ended in even more frustration because I can't start back at the begining of the quest now without asking to stop and then have to wait for I don't know how long before I can try again.

Seriously, whichever GM is in charge of this, a spirit can be caused to bleed but can't tend itself and then DIES because it's vitality finally ran out WITHIN THE LAST FREAKING MINUTE OF THE QUEST?! This is just ridiculous, even more so because I couldn't get back to where I was studying because I lost what I needed to get there. And does anyone know how long of a wait it is before you can attempt the quest again if you ask Karjon to quit? Because at this point I have no other choice of action. I tried starting at the begining and retracing footsteps only to be balked at the second step.

/endrant

~Divine Draughter Lyonesse, Drunken Beer Wench of Elanthia
Re: Soooo close 07/03/2008 10:21 AM CDT
Try going to the last step
Re: Soooo close 07/03/2008 10:29 AM CDT
I can't get back to the last step. I was studying that thing right after I killed everything and the statue wasn't with me when I departed. Shoot me an IM if you have any other suggestions? wyteravyn

Re: Soooo close 07/03/2008 03:34 PM CDT
Try a report. Lirrak loves to deal with wierd quest stuff like this. Tell him Flavius sent you.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: Soooo close 07/03/2008 09:23 PM CDT
This was an untimely death and I am sorry that you were not able to complete the quest.

Just a few notes though and your observations and opinions are very welcome.

1: This quest is intentionally very difficult to complete and includes a great deal of risk.

2: The Fylgja originally cast a spell that attacked the spirit of the adventurer. This had to be changed when issues were spirit combat were discovered and the Fylgja were then made to only use normal combat attacks. To keep the same general concept going it was made so that you could not tend wounds as you can't tend your spirit health. So your death, while extremely frustrating, was a normal risk of this quest.

3: I will be evaluating these creatures and may attempt to find a way to bring back their spirit attack.

GM Lirrak
Cleric Guru
Re: Soooo close 07/04/2008 04:43 PM CDT
>> To keep the same general concept going it was made so that you could not tend wounds as you can't tend your spirit health

Then what's vigil for if not to regain spirit health?

Re: Soooo close 07/04/2008 11:03 PM CDT
Hun, you have to wait an IG year or 3 months if you quit the quest. It was the longest year of teel's life and a very frustrating 3 months for me. Actually I will say Flavius is right Lirrak loves to fix these things. I made his head explode when I did mine the first time! hehe.

Hilary, player of teel

You duck your head.
>
Lirrak head explodes!

Lirrak says, "I thought it was just Flavius that broke everything"
Re: Soooo close 07/05/2008 10:21 AM CDT
While its not a help at this very moment I am looking at several options to make this better. Either make the creatures have a spirit attack and allow the use of vigil during or allow it to be cast before and work while your body is in spirit form, or simply allow you to tend bleeders. Or course the other option is to use Hodierna's Blessing before you go into spirit form.

As for the other question, I wasn't very clear. The original version of the quest did not permit even the casting of Vigil, hence you couldn't tend your spirit in anyway.

GM Lirrak
Cleric Guru