It's my time of the night. 04/27/2008 11:17 PM CDT
I freaking hate Father Karjon.

1.) if it winds up being something really stupid holding me back like swimming or mech lore (or foraging, I almost hope it is foraging), I'm going to be angry.

2.) I don't see why (especially given that leadership changes as frequently as it has before, and I know at least in-game communication seems quiet sometimes, that we are not entitled to just know what we need. Let the guesswork/fun be to the quest. When I got REZZ the first time, they told me it needed 20 disc. Flat out. If stats were holding me up now, I'd never know, and might not train charisma otherwise.

3.) Has anyone out there ever got MF after 54, or is 54 the end-all circle? I've set up shop in Tiger Clan with plans on just ranking ONCE MORE and then getting the quest, but after all day today, not looking good.

4.) I'm not double-posting, so here's a funny bug. Whe Karjon leaves the church for his "herb" constitutions, he doesn't stand up. Stays sitting in every room all the way there and back. Just funny seeing him sittin in Tiger Clan green and then all of a sudden move east.

5.) I also hate, but in no particular order, devotional drift, rituals not as strong as sirese seeds or herb baths, how compendiums have replaced old-fashioned wound tending or classes, how SOL has to be an oval shield on me when I used to be able to make towers, how offhand weapon can't be two crossbows, and how Dalton's Law only applies to ideal gases.

Rabee
Re: It's my time of the night. 04/27/2008 11:18 PM CDT
such an angry boy :(

Rev. Reene

"The amateur criminal believes that with intelligence and careful planning he will avoid detection. By contrast, the professional criminal knows he is going to get caught sooner or later and plans for that eventuality well in advance."
Re: It's my time of the night. 04/28/2008 03:11 AM CDT
<<5.) I also hate, but in no particular order, devotional drift,
It's not that bad. And in return we got the uber useful pray.

<<rituals not as strong as sirese seeds or herb baths,
Could you explain a little bit more on this? I don't quite follow

<<how compendiums have replaced old-fashioned wound tending or classes,
I could never use either of those as an effective way to learn FA anyways. So I support the addition of compendiums.

<<how SOL has to be an oval shield on me when I used to be able to make towers,
It was a bug in the code, unfortunately. :(

<<how offhand weapon can't be two crossbows,
That would be cool.

<<and how Dalton's Law only applies to ideal gases.
I <3 Dalton.

Though everyone know real gases are where it's at. molecules can be compressed ya know?

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: It's my time of the night. 04/28/2008 11:52 AM CDT
Hey, at least you don't have to do the Glythtide commune quest again.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: It's my time of the night. 04/28/2008 09:23 PM CDT
>2.) I don't see why (especially given that leadership changes as frequently as it has before, and I know at least in-game communication seems quiet sometimes, that we are not entitled to just know what we need. Let the guesswork/fun be to the quest. When I got REZZ the first time, they told me it needed 20 disc. Flat out. If stats were holding me up now, I'd never know, and might not train charisma otherwise.

I, and anyone who has ever spoken to me while I am attempting to 'figure out' one of the interminable events which plague the guild (some know them as quests), hate quests.

But frankly, MF is sort of the pinacle of cleric-ness and magic in DR right now. It can do nothing short of revive you from death. Stop and examine that in game context for a moment.

Normal rezz requires rezz quest, a healthy body, lots of time/mana, and for most people, OM. MF use requires you to be dead, and have the spell active. Die? Poof, alive.

It's very impressive.

I still hate quests.
Re: It's my time of the night. 04/29/2008 02:19 AM CDT
>>It can do nothing short of revive you from death.

And cure poison, disease, and burns too!

Though out of curiosity, I haven't bothered doing the quest yet. How does MF work in regards to wounds? Will it work even if, say, your vital areas are destroyed because of a critical hit?
Doctor: Are you Alliance?
Early: Am I lion? Huh. I don't think of myself as a lion. But you might as well have a mighty roar!
Re: It's my time of the night. 04/29/2008 02:42 AM CDT
I believe it takes the wound one level short of fatal in that case.

Rev. Reene

"The amateur criminal believes that with intelligence and careful planning he will avoid detection. By contrast, the professional criminal knows he is going to get caught sooner or later and plans for that eventuality well in advance."
Re: It's my time of the night. 04/30/2008 08:17 AM CDT
<< 3.) Has anyone out there ever got MF after 54, or is 54 the end-all circle? I've set up shop in Tiger Clan with plans on just ranking ONCE MORE and then getting the quest, but after all day today, not looking good. >>

Rabee, I finally got the spell at 57 after going for it the first time at 53 and then having to wait an in game year to try it again. So DON'T quit the thing when you try it! Hit me on IM and I can try to help you figure out what you still need. I know what I ranked in and then was offered the quest was something I never thought would be involved in it. However in hindsight, it makes a whole lot of sense that that is exactly what I needed. You might have the same issue I did especially since you use ranged as your primary weapon.

Teel

You duck your head.
>
Lirrak head explodes!

Lirrak says, "I thought it was just Flavius that broke everything"