COL reminded me of your irritation with MPP* 01/29/2008 04:13 PM CST
Let me recap:

The release of COL reminded you of your irritation regarding the release of the "new" MPP and the loss of the old MPP at a time when Clerics were very short of decent spells. There was no need to lose a useful spell in order to gain another useful spell. Almost all clerics at the time agreed that we would have been better off with the old MPP, and a new spell that embodied what the current MPP does. Our GM at the time had agreed to look into replacing our parry/shield boost spell, but that never happened. Years have now passed.

I think I have cleaned it up so that the GvG Hall Monitors shouldn't have alot to concern themselves with.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: COL reminded me of your irritation with MPP* 01/29/2008 04:32 PM CST
That definitely encapsulates much of what is twisting my thumb screws.
Re: COL reminded me of your irritation with MPP* 01/29/2008 11:23 PM CST
>>There was no need to lose a useful spell in order to gain another useful spell.

This.

~Aeth
Re: COL reminded me of your irritation with MPP* 01/30/2008 02:31 AM CST
I think a good route, if possible, are the dual use spells like divine radiance (MR issues aside).

Something like having harm horde be held mana if you cast it on yourself or have it be self-cast, not held mana, not teach TM but utilize TM and pulse similar to Halo.

Stuff like that.

I am --- Navak
Re: COL reminded me of your irritation with MPP* 01/30/2008 04:17 AM CST
And excuse the double post but I saw this ...

<<I think a good route, if possible, are the dual use spells like divine radiance (MR issues aside).

<<Something like having harm horde be held mana if you cast it on yourself or have it be self-cast, not held mana, not teach TM but utilize TM and pulse similar to Halo.

<<Stuff like that.

So maybe have MPP when cast work like it does now but if we infuse it, it becomes a held mana spell and gains the functionality of the old mpp spell? Personally I would like to see more uses of infuse as it I like how it gives our spells multiple dimensions.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: COL reminded me of your irritation with MPP* 01/30/2008 04:38 AM CST
>>My guesses might be that perhaps the old MPP was deemed too powerful and needed to be nerfed?

Quite the opposite. It was embarrassingly weak compared to similar boosters and was slated to be upgraded to the potency of, say, Swirling Winds. However, it was deemed that such an upgrade would break global caps when combined with SoL's undead-only shield bonus. Thus MPP was rewritten from scratch.

My suggestion for today would be removing SoL's skill bonus in favor of a brand new spell that offers capped shield and parry boosts. Even if it's a dual-use spell where only one of the two can be boosted at a time.

~Aeth
Re: COL reminded me of your irritation with MPP* 01/30/2008 06:16 AM CST
>>Quite the opposite. It was embarrassingly weak compared to similar boosters and was slated to be upgraded to the potency of, say, Swirling Winds. However, it was deemed that such an upgrade would break global caps when combined with SoL's undead-only shield bonus. Thus MPP was rewritten from scratch.<<

I couldn't find any evidence of this, but the responses to GM announcements folder didn't go back to 4/4/05.The actual GM announcement C/O khentimentiu is:

Minor Physical Protection:
This spell was completely re-written, calling it a 'tweak' is wrong. The spell now does what its name implies, it provides physical protection against all incoming attacks. It no longer holds any functionality similar to the old MPP.

>>My suggestion for today would be removing SoL's skill bonus in favor of a brand new spell that offers capped shield and parry boosts. Even if it's a dual-use spell where only one of the two can be boosted at a time.<<

Forget losing the Undead bonus for SoL. We would again be giving something up in exchange for a spell. Make it so when SoL is active, MPP can go up to the cap but not above it. If the bonus to SOL is so great that it is already capped(I have never tested SoL bonus), then have no shield bonus when active.

Or keep the bonuses low but add some low level stat boosters.

>>Something like having harm horde be held mana if you cast it on yourself or have it be self-cast, not held mana, not teach TM but utilize TM and pulse similar to Halo.<<

If this is a suggestion for mpp being held mana, that would be okay as long as we can stuff it into OM.