Kertigen's Will 01/25/2017 12:10 PM CST

I had read the bit about this on Elanthipedia a few times and always wondered why it never made it out - is it still planned? Is this something that could be pushed? Revelation is very underwhelming and this spell seems like something I would be very interested in.
Re: Kertigen's Will 01/25/2017 12:25 PM CST

I think that became Revelation

+Perception for the cleric, and a spot effect. Cyclic.
Re: Kertigen's Will 01/25/2017 12:50 PM CST
Talk about a downgrade if that's the case.
Re: Kertigen's Will 01/25/2017 03:43 PM CST

Why is that? Isn't -stealth the same thing as +perception? Except that perception is better for other actions like lockpicking.
Re: Kertigen's Will 01/25/2017 09:53 PM CST
Not at all!

+Perception is a buff I cast on myself - we will for argument say I have 500 Perception and can cap said buff.

I now have effectively 600 Perception 500+100

Now when do I need this perception? Against survival primes of course - the ones doing the hiding.

Now assuming that their stealth skill (primary) is on par with my Primary skills then that puts it in the 800's. While my 500+100 Perception stands no chance (even with an additional +20% from WATCH).

BUT if I debil them instead with -20% stealth I am able to hit them for 160 Ranks (20% of 800) bringing them down to 640 - and watch + my 500 gives me 600.

So...

If given the choice of being able to buff a tertiary skill vs debuff a primary skill - it is ALWAYS better to debuff the primary skill. (In the rare cases it isn't there is already no contest)

And the added benefit of removing people from hiding/invis vs the oddness of Revelations pulsing (plus it being a cyclic - I have better cyclics to run) makes Kertigen's will a far superior spell.
Re: Kertigen's Will 01/26/2017 01:00 AM CST
Once upon a time, both spells existed..

Revelation was a very small perception buff (like ~20 ranks at cap) and the spot effect. So it actually got an upgrade.
KW was a straight stealth debuff/curse, and a strong one (probably to the point of being off the charts when it did exist, a.k.a. why it stopped existing)

Would be nice if they were both around again -- they're far from interchangeable [particularly to a cleric that's survival heavy like me].

Segmere Freat
Re: Kertigen's Will 01/26/2017 01:04 AM CST
And by stealth debuff/curse, I meant perception :X

Segmere Freat