More OM/infusion interactions 11/02/2011 12:04 PM CDT
I'm just wondering if there are any further spells slated for OM/infusion interactions. This is by far my favorite part of Cleric magic.
A couple ideas that were mostly gags I've thrown around with some friends include a spell that synergizes with SoL and Halo to lash back at anything that you use your SoL to block, and could draw it's energy from your orb, and require refilling.
Someone also suggested allowing HH to be placed in an orb, filled to a certain amount, invoke-able, or pulse, similar perhaps to an AoE version of MoA.

Basically, I just think that OM and Infusion is an incredibly cool mechanic that is wholly unique to Clerics, and I would like to see more stuff with it.
Re: More OM/infusion interactions 11/02/2011 03:23 PM CDT

More clerical metamagic abilities with infusion and osrel meraud are great in my book.
Re: More OM/infusion interactions 11/02/2011 05:44 PM CDT
I think metamagic has slowed down because of real, hard and fast, global caps.

So regardless of weather we have to take 30 steps or 1 to get our 'max effect' out of something...it's all we're getting. So the more synergies added, the more lackluster a spell becomes on its own, because it can only be as good as the cap. And if it combines with spell X to do Y better than it did before...

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: More OM/infusion interactions 11/02/2011 09:09 PM CDT
I think new magical development is pretty much on hold until 3.0 everything comes out.

That said, I am very interested to see what Grejuva et al. do with OM. The way cyclical spells are going to work, I doubt OM will stay the same and allow three or four cyclical spells to be used at once.
Malkien
Re: More OM/infusion interactions 11/02/2011 09:23 PM CDT
>That said, I am very interested to see what Grejuva et al. do with OM. The way cyclical spells are going to work, I doubt OM will stay the same and allow three or four cyclical spells to be used at once.

OM could still function to turn a standard cast spell into a cyclic, or otherwise maintained, spell.

It could become a meta spell/slot/whatever to allow a player to maintain multiple cyclics for insane mana costs.

It could bake me brownies (I vote for this option), and deliver them to my house when I do /brownie.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.