Curse you, fiend! 10/02/2011 02:11 PM CDT
With the impending awesomeness that is DR V3.0, I'd love to see some expansion in the area of curses. Not all Clerics love to help people! I'll post some ideas later today. What are yours?

-Krahas
Re: Curse you, fiend! 10/02/2011 02:33 PM CDT
I'd like to see more spirit affecting spells, possibly in curse form. Maybe something that reduced Spirit regen for a while, and a targeted spell that instead of causing physical harm or vit harm, caused spirit damage?

Or to borrow a page from Blizzard, what about a curse like Iron Maiden, that causes the Cursed to suffer damage based on the damage that they inflict on others?
Re: Curse you, fiend! 10/03/2011 11:54 AM CDT
Not sure how long you've been around, but we've had several TM spells that affected spirit, all of which eventually pretty much led to people crying about mech abuse and/or clerics being OP.

That said, I do miss CHS...

Segmere Freat
Baron's Own Militia
Re: Curse you, fiend! 10/05/2011 02:52 PM CDT

CHS....memories.....

Only character I ever killed with it was an empath by mistake. I think in Wood Trolls.

Anyway....curses would be fine if useful. COZ, Malediction and HULP are all pretty cool. Curses will likely be more useful in M3.
Re: Curse you, fiend! 10/05/2011 05:33 PM CDT
My ideal curse would be a cyclic, possibly OM-required, AoE malediction or CoZ.

Because it's annoying to the point of me not using the spells to cast on everything I fight, track the curses, etc.

Yes, yes, I'm sure you use it just fine and love it. Good spell, just more bother than I want.

Hey look ma! There are rules to useing quotations!
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/577/01/
Re: Curse you, fiend! 10/05/2011 06:16 PM CDT

I actually think something like that is slated for Clerics for M3.

Oh and hi Ucu.

Flavius
Re: Curse you, fiend! 10/05/2011 09:22 PM CDT
>I actually think something like that is slated for Clerics for M3.

...Yes indeed, Leaping curses. I am a terrible troll, often accidentally. Though I stand by my idea that it will be nice.

>Oh and hi Ucu.

Hey Flavo.

Hey look ma! There are rules to useing quotations!
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/577/01/
Re: Curse you, fiend! 10/05/2011 10:48 PM CDT
I can't wait for the Leaping Curses (or whatever name it ends up with) meta-spell.