Idon's Theft: Call from Beyond 06/03/2011 06:07 AM CDT
What exactly will happen should a Cleric cast this? Is there safeguards and/or will it completely fail, or will it enable Clerics to become forsaken in their own twisted way?
Re: Idon's Theft: Call from Beyond 06/04/2011 01:41 AM CDT
I would guess that particular spell wouldn't even be castable since it relies on a thanatological link that clerics obviously can't utilize. I am curious to know what would happen with the rest of the suite of necro spells though--if it would just be a devotion tank or something more severe. A god smote with a smattering of social outrage (if applicable) would be cute.
Re: Idon's Theft: Call from Beyond 06/05/2011 07:41 AM CDT
In addition to the short-term Social Outrage incurrence which affects everyone, Clerics who cast necromantic spells increasingly become ritually Unclean, crippling their available mana and losing access to the main Cleric spellbooks. Divine Intervention goes first.

As for Call from Beyond, no, Idon's Theft will not steal it or any other signature spell.

GM Grejuva
Re: Idon's Theft: Call from Beyond 06/05/2011 11:18 AM CDT
Ah, ok. Is there going to be some form of difficult redemption quest, or is it going to be a more "Do it at your own risk" ordeal?

On the flip side - will any non-holy stolen prepped spells run the typical risk of Sorcerous Backlash? (e.g. stealing Mantle of Flame)

Additionally, will Sanctify Pattern be able to boost stolen spells, or only true Clerical spells? As a secondary part to this - By "boosts", does that mean Sanctify Pattern will increase the potency of the spell as if it were prepped at higher mana, and/or will it extend the current duration of a spell?
Re: Idon's Theft: Call from Beyond 06/05/2011 12:09 PM CDT
>Ah, ok. Is there going to be some form of difficult redemption quest, or is it going to be a more "Do it at your own risk" ordeal?

I would assume it will use the standard cleric 'unclean' mechanics.

Tank devotion, go dance/offer/clean/be humble till you recover, possibly/probably assist to verify you're not in super negative or something.
Re: Idon's Theft: Call from Beyond 06/05/2011 04:23 PM CDT
While we're on the topic...

>ask vecu about idon's theft spell
Vecuto says, ""

Vecuto adds, "If you are interested in learning it, I will gladly teach it to you. You have but to tell me that you CHOOSE it, and it will be yours."

(CHOOSE <spellname> SPELL to acquire this spell.)
>choose idon's theft spell
Vecuto tells you, "Although you are worthy of learning a new spell, you are not yet ready to learn Idon's Theft. Please choose another."

Lost count of how many times I've tried to pick it over the past couple months, thinking I'll get it at just the right moment. Such a little liar.