Cross Post Regarding Cleric Anti Undead Magic 03/27/2010 08:05 PM CDT
>>My intention is that Warrior Mages still have a focus on damaging TM spells that no one else does (literally, in our current 'spheres of influence' draft). In my perfect world I'd prefer to shift all of that in the Warrior Mage special abilities, such as a meaningful Barrage and revamping the Pathways, leaving the TM spells at the level of the spells bog standard. I'd like to do this with Cleric anti-Undead stuff as well. However, I may not get my wish here.

>-Armifer

Fascinating. I hope this happens
Re: Cross Post Regarding Cleric Anti Undead Magic 03/27/2010 08:13 PM CDT
If I read that right, that means in theory that FF, HORN, etc. would just be powerful target spells versus all targets and the Cleric focus on undead would be reflected in a commune that grants additional magic damage versus undead for all our spells.

I would really, really, really like that. I enjoy hunting undead but I have sometimes felt that - exception to HORN just because it's so powerful - that the Cleric line of standard TM stuff (i.e. the stuff that gets damage bonuses to undead) can be underwhelming in situations like PvP. I'd like to see a slight increase in damage overall in order to sacrifice the undead specialty, and I'd loce to retain the option of keeping that in the form of a commune.

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms