Cleric Magic rundown for Old player, new cleric. 05/24/2020 08:13 PM CDT
Hello all,

Long time player, returning, and rolled up a new cleric. He is about 40th now and I am wondering if I could get a rundown on clerical magic from someone who knows what is up.

I want my cleric to be able to raise the dead, hunt undead, and be effective at hunting in general.

What are the must have cleric spells?

What spells are garbage?

A lot of cleric spells have very heavy spell slot costs. Is Divine Radiance worth 3 slots? Is the combo with Halo worth 6 slots?

Is Aesrela Everlid worth having at lower levels? From my time as a moon mage multi shot TM spells tend to teach best. FF seems to be doing okay for now.

Horn of the Black Unicorn and Hand of Tenemlor seem very interesting to me, but given that HOT messes up your hand... I'm on the fence about it.

Please tell me what spells you use constantly with your cleric, and what you would do differently if you had to do it all over again.

-Ashliras
Re: Cleric Magic rundown for Old player, new cleric. 05/25/2020 07:58 AM CDT
Cleric magic is a very different beast from what it was when I was circle 40. I do still consider Halo worth getting. but Aesrela Everild is harder to cast than it used to be. About HoT- the hand scar has been lessened or removed, IIRC. I've not tried Horn, but several clerics I know have and they love it!

If you're going to spend much time in combat, you still want your basic suite of PFE/MPP/MaPP. You'll probably want Auspice and Vigil for the spirit boosts for both combat and raising.

Welcome back!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy