Hydra Hex - full range of cast options? 03/27/2020 08:33 AM CDT
Any chance we can get the full range of cast options (https://elanthipedia.play.net/Cast_command) available for hydra hex? Right now it only takes the default for AoE, which is engaged.

I know we can infuse to hit EVERYTHING, but that still leaves out other options.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Hydra Hex - full range of cast options? 03/27/2020 08:37 AM CDT
Seconded! And maybe a reference to the syntax for it in the discern?

I think something like "cast malediction creatures" would probably work perfectly for syntax - since the target is an optional parameter but the spell is required.
Re: Hydra Hex - full range of cast options? 03/27/2020 06:02 PM CDT

Yes please!
Re: Hydra Hex - full range of cast options? 03/28/2020 02:48 AM CDT
>>I think something like "cast malediction creatures" would probably work perfectly for syntax - since the target is an optional parameter but the spell is required.

There's also the defense/offense option, though. "Cast malediction offense creatures" as a syntax offends my sensibilities a little. I'll think about it.

GM Grejuva
Re: Hydra Hex - full range of cast options? 03/28/2020 12:10 PM CDT

> There's also the defense/offense option, though. "Cast malediction offense creatures" as a syntax offends my sensibilities a little. I'll think about it.

What about just enabling an align option or set flag. Similar to how bundles are treated. You toggle your cast mods to default to creatures rather than area, and spells without the option will follow this rule?
Re: Hydra Hex - full range of cast options? 03/28/2020 12:58 PM CDT
Thank you for at least considering it.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Hydra Hex - full range of cast options? 05/21/2020 08:24 PM CDT
>>There's also the defense/offense option, though. "Cast malediction offense creatures" as a syntax offends my sensibilities a little. I'll think about it.

Haha I didn't even consider that part. I don't know how that translates to a function in terms of overloads and optional parameters, and this is just the way I think about these things - but if it's possible to do an optional parameter before a required parameter, cast {target} {spell} {option}

"cast creatures malediction offense" feels way more natural to me.

I do like the suggestion of toggling your AOE Cast target, too.
Re: Hydra Hex - full range of cast options? 09/12/2020 06:44 AM CDT
>There's also the defense/offense option, though. "Cast malediction offense creatures" as a syntax offends my sensibilities a little. I'll think about it.

Any update on that? It'd be really nice to help out my hunting partner by debuffing their critters.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

Re: Hydra Hex - full range of cast options? 09/14/2020 01:31 AM CDT
>>Any update on that? It'd be really nice to help out my hunting partner by debuffing their critters.

I'm leaning toward making it a new TOGGLE option for all offensive AoE spells, as was also suggested.

GM Grejuva
Re: Hydra Hex - full range of cast options? 09/14/2020 06:15 AM CDT
>I'm leaning toward making it a new TOGGLE option for all offensive AoE spells, as was also suggested.

<3

TG, TG, GL, et al.