Harm Horde and target options 01/07/2020 02:44 PM CST
Can Harm Horde get additional targeting options for creatures and engaged?

Sometimes I want to target that evil over there and that other evil over there but not the Necromancer who happened to run through the room at the wrong moment or during an invasion where there are a lot of creatures and a lot of PC defenders of all guilds.

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Harm Horde and target options 01/07/2020 02:56 PM CST
You beat me to the post! I was just about to make this same request. Here's what I wrote:

Recently I (a necromancer!) was hit by someone's Harm Horde as I was walking through a hunting area. I was a little annoyed at the time because I assumed that they must have deliberately used "cast area", but after some conversations and testing with friendly clerics, it turns out that Harm Horde targets the area by default and cannot be targeted at engaged or creatures. As I recall, this is how Universal Solvent and Viscous Solution used to function before they were updated to accept targeting modifiers. I assume they were updated in order to prevent accidents and eliminate a policy grey space.

In light of the fact that policies were updated not too long ago to give necromancer characters the same protections and restrictions as every other guild, could Harm Horde please receive the same targeting options that USOL and VS did?
Re: Harm Horde and target options 01/09/2020 03:03 AM CST
We agree. Like other AoE spells, Harm Horde will now respect targeting options and default to Engaged.

GM Grejuva
Re: Harm Horde and target options 01/09/2020 03:17 AM CST
>>Harm Horde will now respect targeting options and default to Engaged.

Thank you!
Re: Harm Horde and target options 01/09/2020 03:48 AM CST
Thanks Grejuva!

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Harm Horde and target options 01/10/2020 12:08 PM CST

>We agree. Like other AoE spells, Harm Horde will now respect targeting options and default to Engaged.

Thank you. That will sure help in invasions.

~Gab