Enchanting and Soul of Atrition sspell 10/01/2019 04:59 AM CDT
Hi. I am thinking of doing some enchanting as one of my magic or lor skills which item pays for the best work order and should I use society material? also should I have clarity and precision on sigils as high as I can.?

My next question is somewhere down the line I want to get soul of atrition cyclic tm spell as I love cyclics.

What other spells will I need to stop any spirit drain from myself. Would that be vigil and soul shield?

Cheers and sorry if my enchanting question went a little off kilter but I was discussing this with Pfanston.

Cheers from the player of Dwellyn.
Re: Enchanting and Soul of Atrition sspell 10/01/2019 07:15 AM CDT
I'm not a good person to ask about crafting, but I can tell you that Auspice will help boost your spirit. The very few times I've rezzed someone since the latest round of magic changes, I used that to keep my spirit steady while using Vigil on the corpse.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Enchanting and Soul of Atrition sspell 10/01/2019 08:44 AM CDT

> Would that be vigil and soul shield?

Spirit health = charisma + disc + (int + wis)/2

Auspice, GG, courage (the paladin spell), and anything that buffs int and discipline. Use CHS while you use SA to weight it in your favor, and pump as much mana into it as you can to weight the contest in your favor.

I don't recall off-hand if soul shield protects against damage from SA, but I'd keep it up regardless.

> which item pays for the best work order and should I use society material?

If you're looking for a return - use Forging. Enchanting isn't great for work-orders. You have to either farm your own sigils or buy theirs to do little better than break even. If you do want to stick with enchanting then farm your own sigils and aim for 99 quality. Precision isn't as important. The rooms are static based on season, so finding a few rooms with your sigil means you can get them with minimal effort. It's just more time than other crafts where you can buy the materials and still make a profit.