Resurrection and straining to sense the spirit 09/05/2017 11:01 PM CDT
I usually partially find the spirit of a corpse I'm trying to raise pretty quickly and easily but it seems like the range from: 'You strain to sense the spirit of X in the Void' and clearly finding their spirit for resurrection is a very large range.

Does the mana required to find a spirit come down almost solely to how many circles and favors they have? I know posts have stated that's there are other modifiers but I'm about ready to just throw in the towel whenever I see that messaging. It seems like there are ratios where it would be almost impossible for a 50th circle cleric to find someone. Granted I can only cast resurrection at 17 mana but I've raised Wyvern hunters within 3 minutes from start to finish (rejuve and resurrection) while many others (presumably with fewer favors) I could spend an hour + on just infusing resurrection without any luck beyond straining to sense the spirit.

My alignment favors utility, I cast SAP on utility, I cast POM, drink kirmhiro draughts if I have one, use Meraud's commune on high mana rooms and I do a quick chain of rituals to make sure my devotion is high and use a fully charged cambrinth orb. Is this just a side effect of HLC clerics making it easy for people to maintain a low level of favors and I'm just stuck until my utility skill is higher?
Re: Resurrection and straining to sense the spirit 09/06/2017 02:40 PM CDT
I'm pretty sure whether you strain or clearly see their spirit is just the messaging you see once you've found the spirit based on favors, mana, skills and other behind the scenes factors. Infusing more mana won't change it, but at any point after that you can use GESTURE to complete the resurrection.
Re: Resurrection and straining to sense the spirit 09/06/2017 02:44 PM CDT
An example:

>infuse rezz 15
You tap into the mana from fifteen of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You concentrate intently, attempting to infuse a significant amount of your harnessed mana into your active Resurrection spell pattern.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
A bright flash negates your field of vision momentarily. When you can see again, the grey shades of the spirit realm appear more defined, and you experience a greater clarity that lets you peer farther into the Void.
You sense a spirit nearby, but you are unable to make it out clearly.

>infuse rezz 15
You tap into the mana from fifteen of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
You concentrate intently, attempting to infuse a significant amount of your harnessed mana into your active Resurrection spell pattern.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
A bright flash negates your field of vision momentarily. When you can see again, the grey shades of the spirit realm appear more defined, and you experience a greater clarity that lets you peer farther into the Void.
You strain to sense the spirit of PLAYER in the Void. You see ethereal cords of silver tethering his soul to his body.

>gesture PLAYER
As you sing a glorious paean to Firulf, your hands begin to glow with a faint silver nimbus. You extend a glowing hand towards the body of PLAYER.
Dark crimson bands of light flow about the body of PLAYER, pulsating with a heartbeat rhythm. Silvery-grey tendrils twine around the red bands, seeping into the corpse. As the last tendril vanishes from view, the bands explode with a brilliant flash and PLAYER blinks dazedly, wobbling on his feet.
Re: Resurrection and straining to sense the spirit 09/06/2017 05:08 PM CDT
So basically I've been able to raise a couple of dozen or more people I gave up on because I thought you had to clearly sense their spirit before resurrection. Doh! So much time and mana wasted.

Thanks Padhg.