Spell Prepare Messaging 08/29/2017 09:04 PM CDT
I just finally was watching myself prep spells and realized I'm chanting a mantra where I used to be chanting a prayer. I guess when they went to 3.0 they picked for us, since Elanthipedia says it is choosed at creation?

Any way to get back "prayer" instead of "mantra"? Otherwise guess I'm going to Throne City for something different. Mantra sounds too physical for me! Haha.
Re: Spell Prepare Messaging 08/29/2017 09:46 PM CDT
It's only the difference of a single word in the messaging between the two preparations in both first person and third person.

Sanskrit 'mantra'; literally ‘a thought, thought behind speech or action. Sounds pretty non-physical.

If that one word is a deal breaker, Premium LTB, Hollow Eve Festival or Throne City Spell Library spell preps would give you another prep option. They'll also require 1 (or 2) magic feats.

Train stealth and you can hide your prep from people with lower skills. Prepare /Hide

If your Front End supports subs, sub in prayer for mantra and save yourself the trouble and cost of the above options.
Re: Spell Prepare Messaging 08/30/2017 06:59 AM CDT
but the selection of which one i was assigned at the conversion was random? I pray alot IG anyway, the prayer made more sense for me, so i'm going to fix it. just sad i'm going to waste a spell slot with a feat just to go to Throne and relearn a different prep because of one word. Oh well!