Well...that was unexpected - Antinomic Godling fury 07/20/2017 07:07 PM CDT
So I quit casting ALL awhile back and had mostly forgotten about it. Then this just happened:

Thehagma, by this time pared down into a wreckage of cosmic lies, heaves with finality to smear its doom upon you! As the antinomic dregs drain out of your soul, it lashes out physically with the last of its strength. Animal panic, made monstrous by godly proportion, blows the blood from your body in an instant, sheeting it across the area.

* Amythyste was just struck down!
The orb of swirling light flickers and dies, and you sense the magics of your Osrel Meraud spell depart.
Your latent Shield of Light spell dissipates.
You feel the divinity seep from your bones as the previous blessing of the gods wanes.
The field of silver-blue light dissipates from around you. The sense of calm focus leaves you, and your joints feel strangely stiffer than before.
The soft silver glow fades from around you.
A brief flicker of pain pulses through your veins as the expanded horizons of your magical senses contract to your nervous system's natural capacity.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 97 minutes.

Having met its eschaton of sorts, the godling winks out of existence.

Also, kudos to the GM that wrote that and made me look up "eschaton".
__
Amybecka
Re: Well...that was unexpected - Antinomic Godling fury 07/20/2017 07:36 PM CDT
That is awesome. While you had antinomic sorcerous corruption (assuming you don't still have it) was that sense-able by anyone else or by you?
Re: Well...that was unexpected - Antinomic Godling fury 07/20/2017 08:55 PM CDT

Bahahahahahaaaaa!
Re: Well...that was unexpected - Antinomic Godling fury 07/20/2017 09:50 PM CDT
I never could sense it myself, and I didn't think to ask anyone else.

__
Amybecka
Re: Well...that was unexpected - Antinomic Godling fury 07/20/2017 10:13 PM CDT
>>However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Would be funny if the semi-divine spite-kill gave the same kind of no-resurrection flag people get hit with if killed by divine magic/power/force/etc while in a notable enough state of divine outrage.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Well...that was unexpected - Antinomic Godling fury 07/21/2017 06:31 AM CDT
This makes me wonder about the nature of the Immortals. If our own spirit stuff is capable of transmuting into some hybrid Greater Conceptual Divine Being, what have the Immortals become after so much exposure to the memories being passed on by the souls of the dead? Are they some gestalt entities reflecting back the entirety of Elanthian life and death? Do they really exist as individual entities within the Spiritual Plane? It's hard to imagine them existing as singular minds in a place that's the raw font of creation. It'd be an interesting twist if the Spiritual Plane was something like a gestalt intelligence of creation holding a conversation with itself through the Immortals and the worship of them. We're all carrying around pieces of what the divine are made up of. I suppose life is a potent catalyst agent to help keep the Spiritual Plane from stagnating or something.

That or it's just some vast Semiotic-Ontology machine meme-engineered by extraplanar energy tycoons who find turning planets into batteries entertaining.
Re: Well...that was unexpected - Antinomic Godling fury 07/21/2017 08:26 AM CDT
>That or it's just some vast Semiotic-Ontology machine meme-engineered by extraplanar energy tycoons who find turning planets into batteries entertaining.

Sooooooooooooounds like you're starting on some of the most fun lore in the game!

Also, anyone who digs this spell should read Full Fathom Five by Max Gladstone.
Re: Well...that was unexpected - Antinomic Godling fury 07/21/2017 08:39 PM CDT
>It's hard to imagine them existing as singular minds in a place that's the raw font of creation.

I mean, ostensibly all of them are at least three different people. Add to that whatever the heck was going on in the West.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history
Re: Well...that was unexpected - Antinomic Godling fury 07/22/2017 07:00 AM CDT
>>I mean, ostensibly all of them are at least three different people. Add to that whatever the heck was going on in the West.<<

Individuals when they manifest onto the Plane of Abiding, at least. I imagine it as an intelligence wearing a personality avatar. Reduced as a whole but providing a vessel that's empowered to grant blessing and what have you, even if it's all relatively the same magic despite which face it comes from. One of the beginning communes identifies their neutral patron as the sum of the whole while the other two personalities are facets. Maybe they're necessary components due to their exposure to base mortal emotions and memories. The more a God can identify with people the better the chances of worship. It could be a design philosophy to explore the Trinity concept, I seem to recall the original DR producer having a rather deep religious cant. Anyways, the Immortals certainly have great advertising thanks to having some sort of access to raw star stuff in the Ebon Abyss. Maybe it's all projections and simulations. Clearly the clerics need to get together and start running PR for their Godlings.