Spell choices. 07/11/2017 11:30 PM CDT
So I just restarted my Cleric who I haven't played since the 3.0 conversion. He's circle 48 and I plan on being pretty combat heavy. His current spells and feats are:

In the chapter entitled "Holy Defense", you have notes on the Protection from Evil [pfe], Minor Physical Protection [mpp], Shield of Light [sol], Benediction, and Major Physical Protection [mapp] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Spirit Manipulation", you have notes on the Rejuvenation, Vigil, Soul Bonding [sb], and Centering spells.

In the chapter entitled "Holy Evocations", you have notes on the Bless, Harm Evil [he], Divine Radiance [dr], Harm Horde [hh], Malediction, and Fists of Faenella [ff] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Divine Intervention", you have notes on the Resurrection [rezz] spell.

In the chapter entitled "Metamagic", you have notes on the Uncurse spells.

You recall proficiency with the magic feats of Augmentation Mastery and Efficient Channeling.

You have 19 spell slots available.

Any suggestions on must-have spells or feats for a PvE orientated combat-heavy Cleric?
Re: Spell choices. 07/12/2017 06:58 AM CDT
I consider deep attunement and raw channeling mandatory. The mastery feats are also extremely useful for low to medium levels.

I'd also consider OM mandatory. And Benediction. And Hydra Hex with malediction. Persistence of Mana is good as well. Ghost Shroud is a good trainer, though limited in practical use.

Really there isn't a 'combat heavy' or 'combat light' spell selection list. You're pretty much going to get all the things that aren't useless.
Re: Spell choices. 07/12/2017 10:18 AM CDT
If you have PoM stuffed into your OM orb, then deep attunement is not necessary, imho. Use the spell slot for something else.

Whether or not you hunt undead/cursed will factor into your spell selection. For undead/cursed, Time of the Red Spiral is a great compliment to HE and HH. It kills very fast so it's great for swarmy rooms. FoU would be the other goto spell for swarms that are not cursed.

And I totally agree, the raw channeling feat is mandatory. Would recommend the dedicated camb feat as well.

Welcome back!

~Gab
Re: Spell choices. 07/12/2017 02:30 PM CDT
>If you have PoM stuffed into your OM orb, then deep attunement is not necessary, imho. Use the spell slot for something else.

At level 50, unless he spent years sitting around doing nothing but AFK casting magic, he's going to get vastly less beenfit out of POM + OM due to drain/charge cycle times, than he will out of DA. Plus DA is an always on benefit, there's no drawback when you have infinite spell slots like a cleric does.

I didn't suggest Red Spiral because as a 'heavy TM' template it's not completely predictable. FoU I wasn't sure OP would be able to reliably cast, depending on his TM; 48-50 is high enough to get the spell normally, but you'll usually want another 50-100 ranks of TM to really be able to cast it consecutively.
Re: Spell choices. 07/12/2017 03:10 PM CDT
>At level 50, unless he spent years sitting around doing nothing but AFK casting magic, he's going to get vastly less beenfit out of POM + OM due to drain/charge cycle times, than he will out of DA. Plus DA is an always on benefit, there's no drawback when you have infinite spell slots like a cleric does.

Heh, that's what I love about Clerics. Ask 10 Clerics the same question on just about any topic and you will likely get 10 different answers.

I stand by my response 100%.

~Gab
Re: Spell choices. 07/12/2017 07:13 PM CDT
I'm currently at 41st circle and I'm really liking TOTRS even with just HE (haven't learned HH yet).
Phelim's Sanction makes combat even easier when you're hunting the undead/cursed ladder.
Sorcery (not necessarily antinomic sorcery) can be pretty useful - you'll want the Magic Theorist, Improved Memory and Sorcerous Patterns magical feats to pursue sorcery.

Going to quote Padhg's player again regarding deep attunement. "...Skip the Deep Attunement feat. You have POM, and it's much more awesome. Besides 0.25% of 100 mana pool is equivalent to 1 mana every 24 seconds. I would never spend a spell slot for 3 mana a minute..."
Re: Spell choices. 07/12/2017 07:28 PM CDT
>https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:Re:_Deep_Attunement_-_07/29/2016_-_14:16

Those numbers are correct.

It feels more impactful in game I guess.
Re: Spell choices. 07/14/2017 02:28 PM CDT
i have enjoyed HORN because of the stuns it brings. shove them with the tactics, cast and stun, and behead.

my only problem is horn hasnt moved TM a drop for me. harm evil at the same prep moves target better than anything for me, still