Having Trouble 02/06/2017 11:46 PM CST
So returned after a very long hiatus or maybe 10ish years. I've had Res for an even longer time and very much have been accustom to being able to raise anyone rather quickly. However now I find that its almost impossible for me to raise anyone without help.

Generally I charge up a camb orb and set it to support cyclic spells.

I can cast Res anywhere up to 20 mana, anything over and it fails.

I've been unable to infuse res with anything over 5 mana. I can harness 15 mana and then try to infuse at 6 and it fails every time.

Here is my current magic skills:

Arcana: 240 21% clear (0/34) Targeted Magic: 228 49% concentrating (9/34)
Augmentation: 336 52% clear (0/34) Debilitation: 271 54% clear (0/34)
Utility: 322 89% clear (0/34) Warding: 263 98% clear (0/34)
Sorcery: 3 15% clear (0/34) Theurgy: 262 76% dabbling (1/34)

Deovtion is : After a moment, you see a vision of your god, though the visage is cloudy and impossible to make out clearly

Thoughts? Are my skills just that poor after all the magic changes?
Re: Having Trouble 02/07/2017 12:03 AM CST
Well, I just was playing trying to figure this out and I put up SAP. This helped massively as I was able to infuse at least 15. t much does SAP enhance the Utility skill that it would make this much difference?
Re: Having Trouble 02/07/2017 12:05 AM CST
>much does SAP enhance the Utility skill that it would make this much difference?

The EXP MODS command will show you how many ranks a skill bonus or malus is.
Re: Having Trouble 02/07/2017 12:42 AM CST
<I've been unable to infuse res with anything over 5 mana. I can harness 15 mana and then try to infuse at 6 and it fails every time.

This seems odd since my cleric has less utility and never bother using SAP. I usually always just cast and infuse at 10 mana each, and it never fails.
Re: Having Trouble 02/07/2017 04:21 AM CST

If you're still having issues, cut/paste a snippet from when you cast/harness/infuse so we can see exactly what's going on. Sometimes fresh eyes are all we need to figure it out.
Re: Having Trouble 02/07/2017 08:24 AM CST

Resurrection is harder, but there are ways to make it easier on yourself.

1. Get an Osreal Meraud orb. Cast it as high as you can, charge it up.
2. Prep resurrection and then put it into the orb once it's fully prepared.
3. Harness small amounts, say 4 mana 4 times and then infuse 16 in to the 20 prep res.
4. Keep POM up all the time. This is a fantastic spell and will make your life so much better. If there's one spell every cleric should know, it's this one.
5. Lecture your target for not having enough favors.

Low-level resurrection is rough, especially if you're a circle 30-50 cleric trying to resurrect a circle 200, but it gets a lot better later on.
Re: Having Trouble 02/07/2017 09:31 AM CST
>2. Prep resurrection and then put it into the orb once it's fully prepared.

Resurrection cannot be put in the orb.

Also keep in mind that you can't harness/infuse more than what you originally prepped resurrection at. Thus, if you successfully prepped it at 15, then that is the amount you harness/infuse.

~Gab
Re: Having Trouble 02/07/2017 10:17 AM CST
>>FIRE00: I've been unable to infuse res with anything over 5 mana. I can harness 15 mana and then try to infuse at 6 and it fails every time.

I can think of 2 other possible causes:

* You don't have the Dedicated Cambrinth Use feat
* You didn't have full concentration

An overview/review:

1. Check SPELL to make sure you have the Dedicated Cambrinth Use and the Raw Channeling feats. Efficient Harnessing will help a ton too (with it each HARNESS takes 10% less mana from your Attunement).
2. Cast Persistence of Mana (POM) and wait for your concentration to recover. It's important you wait or you'll backfire on the infusion.
3. Charge your cambrinth orb with 100 mana.
4. INVOKE ORB CYCLIC
5. PREP/CAST Resurrection (REZZ) at 16 mana (I find backfiring is less likely if you cast one higher than you infuse).
4. Start searching: HARN 15, INFUSE REZZ 15

That should do it. Your Attunement skill is what controls how fast you can HARNESS/INFUSE. Having higher devotion will also make more mana available to you.
Re: Having Trouble 02/07/2017 11:27 AM CST

> Resurrection cannot be put in the orb.

I know I used to do this before, but I haven't needed to for years. Alternatively, you can get the dedicated cambrinth feat and charge up a large cambrinth before casting. Invoke the cambrinth to 20, and charge it up in small increments to preserve mana.
Re: Having Trouble 02/07/2017 01:54 PM CST
>I know I used to do this before, but I haven't needed to for years. Alternatively, you can get the dedicated cambrinth feat and charge up a large cambrinth before casting. Invoke the cambrinth to 20, and charge it up in small increments to preserve mana.

The change to cyclic spells changed the appeal and function of OM. Some spells can no longer be put inside the orb (Rezz being an example) but the need to do so is lessened now, so it's not really a loss.
Re: Having Trouble 02/07/2017 03:08 PM CST

> The change to cyclic spells changed the appeal and function of OM. Some spells can no longer be put inside the orb (Rezz being an example) but the need to do so is lessened now, so it's not really a loss.

Makes sense. I didn't even notice that I couldn't put rezz in the orb as I use it for other things. For example, since symbiosis is tied to the spell you cast it on, you can put a symbiosis spell in the orb to receive the symbiosis and the spell. You can then swap symbiosis and repeat. It makes spelling up a lot more difficult, but the rewards are worth it.
Re: Having Trouble 02/07/2017 04:40 PM CST
From what I understand - Rezz used to be dependent on the orb. It no longer is

1) if you don't have raw channeling feat - get it - this makes things easier
2) Although you can prep rezz at whatever you want - I've never needed to do it more then 20, and for most of my Cleric life (sub 150th) I typically was doing 10-12. Doesn't take that long.
3) Prep the rezz - then start prepping rejuv's while you infuse the rezz.
4) after silver, hit with a soul bond - infuse one last time to check messaging (silvery ties)
5) Gesture at them

The infusing itself can be tricky and requires attunement skill to do well - you can always infuse less then you cast rezz at but never more.

I know some of these are repeats but I like to hear myself talk. :)