Resurrection and favorless corpses 07/03/2016 09:24 AM CDT

I realize this hasn't been a "thing" in some time but since it invariably gets asked from time to time, I thought it might should be revisited again. I understand that since death is no longer a permanent possibility for PCs that the "need" to be able to resurrect favorless is no longer existent, however, I don't see a reasonable explanation for it to have been removed. Additionally, people still are capable of making "dumb mistakes", now without the recourse that this formerly -could- provide. I recall that it also provided some devotional benefit to the Cleric who opted to make the sacrifice and while I wouldn't wish to see that abused, there are already things in place that I suspect would largely prevent that anyway. Overall, I just don't see a reason for it to have been removed in the first place and would recommend seeing it returned if only to re-open an additional roleplay avenue for Clerics amenable to resurrections.
Re: Resurrection and favorless corpses 07/03/2016 02:59 PM CDT
> Additionally, people still are capable of making "dumb mistakes", now without the recourse that this formerly -could- provide.

The recourse is to find a paladin with Alamhif's Gift willing to make the sacrifice. The ability to resurrect the favorless was removed to make that more meaningful.
Re: Resurrection and favorless corpses 07/03/2016 03:29 PM CDT

I was 97% sure that aspect of AG was removed with magic 3.x but I could be wrong.
Re: Resurrection and favorless corpses 07/03/2016 03:35 PM CDT
>>I was 97% sure that aspect of AG was removed with magic 3.x but I could be wrong.
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/AG

AG removes death's sting, and refills the paladin mojo - no more favor transfers.

Samsaren
Re: Resurrection and favorless corpses 07/03/2016 03:47 PM CDT
Huh. Nevermind then.