Starting spell progression 11/29/2015 09:48 AM CST
I'm just curious as to what everyone considers mandatory spells for the first 20 or so levels, and why. Always curious to see if there's a divide anywhere.

I put together my prospective list to 50th last night (I usually roadmap these things because I forget the 'big' ones otherwise).
Re: Starting spell progression 11/29/2015 11:44 AM CST

Think I went:
1 - Bless
2 - Fists of Faenella
3 - Minor Physical Protection
4 - Centering
6 - Soul Sickness

Order could be different but usually best to get those to cover all magic as quickly as possible.

9 - Major Physical Protection
12 - Divine Radiance
15 - Shield of Light
17 - Sanctify Pattern
18 - Rejuvenation
20 - Persistence of Mana
21 - Vigil
22 - Soul Bonding
23 - Uncurse
30 - Benediction, Osrel Meraud, Resurrection.

By then should have a decent feel for what you want to do with your Cleric.

Only other thing I'd say a must have would be having slots for Hydra Hex and Malediction (Can definitely pick this one up sooner) when you reach 50th.

YMMV
Re: Starting spell progression 11/29/2015 11:54 AM CST

Sorry for the double post.

Also would need to work in Raw Channeling, Deep Attunement, Efficient Harnessing and Magic Theorist(if you want to train sorcery with scrolls) for must have feats.
Re: Starting spell progression 11/29/2015 01:04 PM CST

The wonderful thing about the cleric's guild is you could always pick what kind of a cleric you wanted to become. The spell list would be different big time if you choose to become a battle cleric vs multi functional vs utility <raising helpful focus> the first step would be to decide on what kind of a cleric you really want to become. what is important to you as a cleric. The different options of paths is one of the best things about being a cleric. Used to a combat heavy cleric not the most common path. I understand things have shifted a good deal but I would still recommend taking the time and choosing what aspect you want to focus on.

The feeble old swamp shaman