RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/07/2015 12:05 PM CST

I have learned the spell RoB.

I also have the magical feat area casting.

I am able to cast beneficial spells to a group with no problem.

Today, I tried to rejuv 3 dead bodies.

I tried: Cast group, cast area, cast room, and just plain cast. I tried having the bodies IN my group...and OUT of my group.

Nothing worked. Messaging I received each time was "You can't cast that at yourself!"

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong, so that the next time I can use this spell correctly?

~Gabellia
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/07/2015 12:33 PM CST
What about cast all?
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/07/2015 01:02 PM CST

cast mass
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/07/2015 02:45 PM CST
>cast mass

Are there any other syntactic options or is Cast Mass the only one, Liruilias?

Weird that it has it's own unique cast variable. Too bad it's not mentioned in the Discern.

RoB is updated for Cast Mass and the Cast Command is updated as well on the pedia; just missing the messaging that accompanies it if someone would care to post it here, on the RoB pedia page or on the RoB Talk page of the pedia.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/07/2015 03:14 PM CST
>prep rej
The wailing of lost souls accompanies your preparations of the Rejuvenation spell.
>cast mass
You gesture.
A cloud of blue-white mist churns into being, glistening with an unearthly radiance from within its depths.

- Anuind Lyndon

When naming your holy weapon consider the following: Everyone has a Holy Avenger or a Divine Vengeance. Why not go with something your foes will never accept the shame of being smote by, such as "The Fuzzy Kitten"
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/07/2015 04:15 PM CST

Cast mass? heh...never would of thought of that.

Thank you!

~Gabellia
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/07/2015 04:26 PM CST
I actually do have another question.

Is the magical feat Area Casting needed to cast rejuv on the masses if you have RoB?

~Gabellia
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/07/2015 04:44 PM CST

>Is the magical feat Area Casting needed to cast rejuv on the masses if you have RoB?

Nope.
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/07/2015 05:24 PM CST
Thanks Anuind. Keep asking questions Gabellia!

Vote:
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/07/2015 09:15 PM CST

Rejuvenate is special in this case. I'm not sure why it's cast mass instead of area. I always assumed it was a nod to how it was formerly Mass Rejuvenation.
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/09/2015 11:44 AM CST
>Rejuvenate is special in this case. I'm not sure why it's cast mass instead of area. I always assumed it was a nod to how it was formerly Mass Rejuvenation.

Ah so using RoB for PFE, Bless, MPP, MaPP and SoS it's cast area?

Vote:
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/09/2015 03:00 PM CST
It appears CAST MASS, GROUP, or AREA are valid options for PFE, Bless, MPP, and MaPP with the RoB spell. Rejuv seems to be the only one which requires MASS
- Anuind Lyndon

When naming your holy weapon consider the following: Everyone has a Holy Avenger or a Divine Vengeance. Why not go with something your foes will never accept the shame of being smote by, such as "The Fuzzy Kitten"
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/16/2015 03:14 PM CST
>> CoZ is an advanced spell and MALE is a basic spell. So there may be a case for younger clerics to weave one into HYH and leave the other as a straight cast.

This is not really sustainable. Debuffs don't last long enough anymore. Esp. for younger clerics. I'm not even sure they can get HYH before 250 debil.

If you are in a place where you need HyH and CoZ then you are likely going to get destroyed if one or the other drops. And they can both drop depending on timing of the HyH pulse and well, trying to keep a single debuff up on multiple creatures while doing other things is near impossible.
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/16/2015 03:37 PM CST

I view HYH as a HUNT MORE ability. Instead of having to go get healed <or using herbs which is normally do> after an hour or so hunting it means i can hunt until i can't haul any more loot out then go to town and unload my loot and still have almost no injuries. it is a safety net and a great back trainer. Things have changed so much in DR where basically now everyone trains a lot weapons for TDP's. HYH and mal allows you to curse the critter's defense and cycle through weapons <for me my blades are weak> and go train up the weapons hitting critters without having to go elsewhere for back training. If the weapon your using is way down against a critter i could see you needing to use both maybe. I love the ability to train Debil without having to script casting a spell over and over also. It is a good time to be a cleric....

The feeble old swamp shaman
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/21/2015 03:46 PM CST

Thank you for the input, all.

So...here is my next question regarding RoB:

When I'm in a group, is it possible NOT to cast <one of the affected spells> on the entire group?

When grouped, I have tried to cast the spell solely on myself, but it still casts on the whole group. Is this a bug, or is it intended?

~Gabellia
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/21/2015 04:11 PM CST
>When grouped, I have tried to cast the spell solely on myself, but it still casts on the whole group. Is this a bug, or is it intended?

What syntax are you using when you cast the spell intended solely for yourself?

Vote:
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/21/2015 05:59 PM CST
>What syntax are you using when you cast the spell intended solely for yourself?<

I've tried "cast" and "cast Gabellia"

~Gabellia
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/21/2015 06:22 PM CST
Have you tried 'Cast Self'?

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Cast_command

CAST SELF: Used with a beneficial AoE spell to target only the caster, denying the benefit to anyone else.

Vote:
Re: RoB - Am I just an idiot? 11/21/2015 06:45 PM CST

Silly me. I had always thought/assumed that casting "self" and casting "own name" was the same. That's what I get for assuming.

Thank you SO much for the link...and the information! :)

I shall now go and crawl into a corner. I think sometimes I just plain overthink a problem!

~Gabellia