QOL or something like it 07/08/2019 11:40 PM CDT
So, now that it seems like Ring of Blessings is obsolete and the group/area casting feats have gone away, is there not a way to group cast our buffs like Bless, PFE, MPP, SOS, Rejuve like before? I had thought these features had just been rolled into the spells themselves after those changes but I can't seem to find the right syntax if so. I've tried casting group/area/mass etc.

What's the story on the planned spells that were mentioned back when the barrier review was talked about? Like Kertigen's Will? That one for Asketi that changed the damage type on Horn? Speaking of changing damage types, it would be neat to see that possibly incorporated into Align/Alignments instead of a bunch of meta-spells. Align really already comes with its own built-in cooldown on changing so its not like people can be swapping damaage types around rapidly or anything. And no real reason to try and make individualized breakdowns for every Immortal, just group em up. Likewise, it would be neat to see Halo's messaging updated in a similar manner based on Align/Alignment re: how the sunlight invoke thing from the HE gift does visually just to add some variety to Cleric spells.

Last but not least, it would be great to have more active means of training Theurgy (preferably in combat because we're psuedo-martial) that aren't just <ask god for favor> then do rituals to ask for more favors. (Looking at you Paladins smiting for Conviction or you Thieves blindsiding, etc). Granted, Sacrifice -might- teach Theurgy, I don't really recall honestly. However, sacrifice requires far too much timing to use effectively to train Theurgy due to the possibility of penalizing your devotion for a mistimed hit.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Re: QOL or something like it 07/09/2019 06:20 PM CDT
<<So, now that it seems like Ring of Blessings is obsolete and the group/area casting feats have gone away, is there not a way to group cast our buffs like Bless, PFE, MPP, SOS, Rejuve like before? I had thought these features had just been rolled into the spells themselves after those changes but I can't seem to find the right syntax if so. I've tried casting group/area/mass etc.

I'm pretty sure the previously Ring of Blessings capable spells are now single target only spells by design. This was to done to help give Paladins a niche that Clerics weren't equally as good at or better at doing, in this case group buffing. Paladins had a few of their spells upgraded to be group cast at the same time if I'm remembering right.

Also, just as an fyi, the Area Casting feat is still there and required to turn a group cast spell into an area effect spell via CAST AREA. What went away was the penalties to potency when casting on both others via single target as well as via a group/area cast, and the team player and group supporter feats which eliminated said penalties.
Re: QOL or something like it 07/09/2019 06:25 PM CDT
Found the two GM posts for reference:

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Clerics/Responses%20to%20GM%60Official%20Announcements/view/1412

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Clerics/Responses%20to%20GM%60Official%20Announcements/view/1413
Re: QOL or something like it 07/09/2019 08:55 PM CDT

Ah, thanks for the information.

>This was to done to help give Paladins a niche that Clerics weren't equally as good at or better at doing, in this case group buffing.

That being said, I feel like there are better ways to have accomplished this rather than making more spells repetitive to cast. Especially given that Clerics are more magic-centric than Paladins (as represented by skillsets). I'm not saying Clerics need more group utility, I just would love to have seen more group support given to Paladins under the auspices of their already established group support like Lead/Protect.
Re: QOL or something like it 07/09/2019 11:10 PM CDT

and while we're on the topic of QOL stuff, where are we at on finally removing the material component requirements for our communes? I mean really, how many other guild abilities still require actual material components that get used up to access/train their guild skill? Or at the very least, where are we with stacker container(s) for said material so we can at least cut down our item count from having to have them on hand to use? (Alternatively, could we just make a new holy symbol type item to use that can take the place of the material components?)
Re: QOL or something like it 07/09/2019 11:21 PM CDT

>>(Alternatively, could we just make a new holy symbol type item to use that can take the place of the material components?)

this is the best option really. It also ties in with new item ideas for the shops at guild fest coming up.