Displeased gods 06/15/2016 04:11 PM CDT
So was sitting around not doing anything and got this all of a sudden.

A horrific pain rips through your body! As it leaves you, you feel as though your chosen Immortal has turned its Face from you.

xxxx whispers, "As you speak to Ephic, you are suddenly overtaken by the notion that the Immortals are gravely concerned about him."
>
>
Your laughter rings back in your ears, hollow of mirth and distorted to deafening levels!

An ecstatic pain washes over you as you feel raw Divine energy surge into your very being! With it comes the distinct impression that all Immortals have been offended in some grave way, yet by Their Mercy there is still time for all to show proper reverence to correct this affront. As the sensation passes, you are left with the lingering desire to ensure that all holy sites are protected, no matter the cost.

Following is a log of activities at Drogor altar until the invasion occurred:

A crackle of marine-hued lightning is seen in the sky above.
>
Nehahra says, "Be kind drogor me mean no harm to your altar."

A soft, motherly warmth is felt all around you, and you get the notion that this presence is holding back a great fury.

A soft voice touches your mind, saying, "Blasphemy occurs yet. Those seeking to offer to destroy any Holy place must be brought to understanding. My Son is the Hand of Us All in this. His altar is as any of Ours."

Nehahra asks, "Did you see that?"
>
Drexella says, "I heard something."
>
>
>
Drexella says, "Where's Whiteburn when she needs to be here."
>
Your mind hears Nehahra thinking, "who is messing with drogor's altars"

You ask, "What must I do to free Him holy voice?"
>
R>
A soft voice touches your mind, saying, "One speaks words of destruction, saying that a Guard will come. These Guard have turn from Us if this is true. Find out. Correct the balance. All that is Holy is Holy."
R>
>
Drexella says, "Stupid Theren Guard."
>
Drexella asks Neeno says, "Does ODS guard this altar?"
>
>
Nehahra says, "Gods above the guard is stupid at times."
>
>
Neeno says, "Far as I know."
>
Neeno says, "Its a holy shrine to me."
>
Drexella says, "I stand with those that would guard this altar."
>
Korutu says, "How many times we gotta bust this thing up."
>
Nehahra says, "Koru this altar IS holy."
>
Korutu says, "I dont care what it is."
>
Harsh says, "Holy is holy."
>
Korutu says, "Its bad news."
>
Drexella says, "The Immortals are pissed because people keep talking about moving or destroying this altar."
>
Drexella says, "So you're adding to the issue."
>
Korutu says, "And was just thrown up but some hax."
>
Neeno says, "The holy voice speaks of seeing if the Guard has turned from the gods."
>
Nehahra says, "Its protected by the gods themselves."

Zevazi says, "And myself."
>
Korutu says, "Well it wont be the first time drogdor lightning has struck me down."
>
>
A crack of wet thunder sounds, accompanied by the stagnant and pungent smell of brine. Within the blink of an eye, a blast of marine-blue forked lightning appears from above.
>
The smell of brine grows stronger, but is accompanied now by the stench of burnt flesh, as the marine-hued lightning seeks its target. As quickly as it appeared, the entity dissipates now that its divine work is complete.

* Korutu is slain before your eyes!
>
Zevazi says, "Korutu step back south away from this altar."
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Korutu say, "See."
>
Nehahra says, "Zev and i both went to chadartu's altar and we were told to guard this altar."
>
Drexella says, "Haven is my home. I don't want to see it destroyed by pissed off Immortals."
>
Harsh says, "A lesson learned, I hope."
>
Tuckin says, "Well that was interesting."
>
Zevazi says, "Stand away all of ye if you no prayers to offer."
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Korutu say, "Buncha cowards."
>
Mitkiahn says, "Oh."

Mitkiahn says, "Well then."
R>
Drexella says, "It's not cowardice. I've never had a problem with having an altar here."
>
Mitkiahn says, "I guess he's fine."
R>
Mitkiahn says, "Ok then."
R>
Korutu says, "Anyway."
R>
Nehahra says, "Leave the altar alone."
>
Drexella asks Korutu , "Why are you so opposed to this?"
>
>
A soft voice touches your mind, saying, "All that is Holy is Holy." The voice is joined by more, some harsh, some gentle, some with dispassionate neutrality, all repeating the same refrain until they trail off into the sound of a howling wind.
>
Korutu says, "There wasnt a problem til this showed up."
>
Korutu says, "And no one asked to put it here."
>
Harsh says, "Plain and simple really."
>
Harsh asks, "Good?"
>
>
Harsh asks, "Bad?"
>
>
Harsh says, "Doesn't matter."
>
Korutu says, "No its from the crazy Whiteburn (Banned from Keep) and her silliness."

Harsh says, "Holy is holy."
>
Drexella says, "Whiteburn didn't put that sapphire on the altar. Whiteburn (Banned from Keep) didn't pull it out of a gelapod and replace it."
>
Zevazi says to Korutu , "Do you not see your words anger the Gods further."
R>
Korutu says, "They was pretty angry before I showed up."
>
>
An ethereal boar glances and Korutu briefly, then turns its back on him. The air around Korutu seems to deaden as the Holy beast dissipates.
>
Nehahra says, "Eep."
>
Drexella says, "That was a definite message right there."
>
Korutu says, "Win some lose some Everild wont stay mad at me forever."
>
Korutu asks, "Has anything good come from this Altar?"
>
Harsh says, "The forever thing."
>
Drexella says, "It doesn't matter."
>
Twinstar gracefully dives into the Faldesu river.
>
Drexella says, "Drogor wants it here."
>
You say, "Do as you will Everild."
>
Nehahra says, "Damaris protect those who mean drogor no harm."
>
Korutu says, "Yeah how about that."
>
You say, "The gods protect all that have faith, and cast down unbelievers."
>
Drexella says, "It's not about just Drogor now. Every single Immortal is pissed off."
>
Harsh says, "The pain i felt, was all of them."
>
You say, "Something surely has gone awry for them to have such anger towards this Guard person."
>
Tuckin says, "Seems that way."
>
Drexella says to Korutu , "Here's the thing. Drogor deciding to sanctify this very spot means that he's going to protect it. This spot is between the river and the town."
>
Drexella says, "To me that's a good thing."
>
Harsh says to you, "Perhaps you need to sacrifice somone to this altar here."
>
Drexella says, "It's also between the swamp and the town."
>
You say to Harsh, "Would need a willing body."
>
You say to Harsh, "Dont think Korutu is willing."
>
Nehahra says, "Let me finish and i will do it."
>
Zevazi says, "The land belongs to the House Shillat those that run the ferry."
>
Drexella says, "Yeah I've heard about his anger. I don't get it."
>
The multitude of Divine voices returns along with the howling wind, saying, "We are We. We are many, but all Holy. Find those that continue to demand desecration. Tell them of what will come if they continue."
>
>
Nehahra says, "Ephic."
>
You say to Nehahra, "Its not necessary."
>
Harsh says, "No."
>
Harsh says, "It's not."
>
Drexella says, "The keep isn't about to listen to me. Maybe Liurilias can get through to them."
>
Oskengat asks, "An' who be demandin' this desecration?"
You ask, "Who demands your desecration Gods?"
>
Drexella says, "It's the Morzindaen, the Hand, possibly the Baron."

Nehahra says, "The only Guard besides the guard of theren is the theren guard."
>
You say, "It is not the Theren Guard."
>
Drexella says, "I've heard members of the Theren Guard offer to destroy the altar."
>
Drexella says, "They think that's the will of the Keep."
>
The multitude of Divine voices returns along with the howling wind, saying, "One speak of a Guard, many and one. They offer to destroy, awaiting the words of mortals."
>
Nehahra says, "So don't be so quick to say its not."
>
Nehahra says, "Up there proves it."
>
You say, "As one of the council Drexella, I can assure you that is not the case, we have discussed the altar and declared as a Holy place it has a right to be here."
>
>
Drexella says, "One of yours offered it quite recently, maybe he didn't get the word yet."
>
The multitude of Divine voices returns along with the howling wind, saying, "We have turned our Faces from these Guard until the Balance is corrected. Right it."
Zevazi says, "The words of Sturm to Lord LArohald were offer to destroy the altar."
>
Zevazi asks, "He is in the Guard yes?"
>
Harsh says, "Right it."
>
Korutu says, "Hey divine voice."
>
Korutu says, "Are you saying we should go kill the theren guard."
>
Korutu says, "Cause I been saying that for a long time."
>
Drexella says, "As much as I'd love to kill guards, I don't think that's the point."
>
Korutu says, "Well so far I have only seen voilence from anything holy."
>
Korutu says, "So maybe this time violence is the answer."
>
Neeno says, "Might be Dupre sending his orcs here all the time."
>
Rockytop slowly says, "Tink dey want da guard to offer protect da altar and no destroy so da hand no hear bad tings."
>
Drexella says, "This goes beyond the guards and right to who they answer to. And I hate to say this but only divine intervention is going to convince those in the keep."
>
Nehahra says, "Speak to Sturm and make him do penance by guarding this altar."
>
Zevazi asks Neeno says, "And what of the ODS and hammerfist do they wish it destroyed?"
>
Korutu says, "I will up shove a divine sord right through the keep if thats here this is going."
>
Korutu says, "Drogdor might be alright after all."
>
Neeno says, "I think hammer was wrong, but he got the message."

You say, "Well if you think something wrong is within the keep, I will go investigate it."
Re: Displeased gods part 2 06/15/2016 07:10 PM CDT
>
Korutu says, "If the gods are so upset why arent sharks and other things over running the walls."
>
Drexella says, "Because they're giving us mortals a chance to make it right."
>
Drexella says, "That voice said something about fix it lest we free Drogor to kick all your arses."
>
Korutu asks, "No time line?"
>
You say, "Well, I'm going to do my part when I see Sturm, though that is a small part."
>
>
A crackle of marine-hued lightning is seen in the sky above, this time accompanied by an albatross in flight.
>
Drexella asks, "Lemicus?"
K>
Korutu says, "Those albatrosses are bad news."

Korutu says, "I tryed to fight one once."
Korutu says, "It ate me."

You say, "They are a good sign."
>
You ask, "Do you wish to convey any more messages to us, immortals?"
>
A feeling of motherly warmth pervades the area, and the gentle burbling of waters can be heard. All to quickly, these sensations pass, leaving the area as it was before.
>
>
Drexella asks, "Okay cleric. What was that?"
>
You make a contented grunting noise.
>
Korutu says, "It felt like a hug."
>
Korutu grins at Drexella.
>
You say, "That wouldn't be too far off way of putting it."
>
Drexella says, "Nah. I hate hugs. That wasn't like that."
>
Korutu says, "Sometimes you just gotta hug it out."
>
>
Drexella says, "No. No I don't. But anyway. maybe that was letting Ephic know he's on the right track."
>
You say, "I can only interpret things as I see them if it pleases the gods, I cannot tell for certain what they signify without bearing a direct conduit with one of them if they seek it."
>
You say, "If more of a roll is needed in offering to the dieties by a simple shaman then who am I to argue, other then that I just go with my gut."
>
Korutu says, "I still think violence is the answer."
>
Drexella says, "Barb answer."
>
You say, "More like a Korutu answer."
>
Korutu says, "Well I doubt the would like it if I put a sammich on the alter."
>
Korutu says, "So."
>
Korutu says, "Sammich or fight."
>
A faint tripartite voice is heard, so soft as to be almost mistaken for a passing breeze, yet a deeper element is present as well. The voice says, "We of the waters remain with you. Find the Balance and bring it forth for all."
>
>
Korutu reverently places a mesquite-barbequed prime rib and country bacon sandwich topped with golden sauteed onions atop the bloodstained altar.
>
Drexella says, "Now there is a sacrifice."

Korutu says, "I feel like that helped."
>
You say, "I will strive to do just that kindly one, though it may be like grasping for breath in the deeps of your kingdom."
>
Drexella says, "I find myself wishing I still had the Baron's ear."
>
The sandwich dissapears in a burst of marine-hued light!
>
You say, "Would the bridge be an appropriate place for those to worship you as Drexella has said or do you wish your altar to remain here."
>
Drexella says, "Well, more like a pier but .. yeah."
>
You say, "That could be a balance for both if it pleases you."
>
Drexella pats a crumbling stone bridge.
>
Drexella says, "Grab some decent stones, build this into a short pier."

You say, "Eitherway I will do my best to do what you wish as a servant to all the gods."
>
Korutu says, "Well call me crazy."
>
A faint burbling is heard from the nearby water, but you can't quite be certain if it was a passing turtle or something more.
>
Drexella says, "I think they're laughing at us now."
>
Korutu asks, "But this is a drogdor alter right?"
>
Drexella says, "Yeah."
>
Korutu asks, "So shouldnt we like put some fish parts on it?"
>
Korutu says, "To make it do alter stuff."
>
Drexella says, "You mean orbs? I dunno what Drogor accepts but maybe."
>
Korutu says, "I think that is what ended up stopping the storm last time."
>
You say, "We have the attention and I have made offerings of appeasement, now we must wait and see if there is more to be said, more instructions to be heard and carried out."
>
Korutu asks, "Cant we just wing it?"
>
You say, "Not if your winging it involves wanton acts of death and destruction."
>
Korutu says, "I guess thats fair."
>
Korutu says, "Let me know when you want me to wing it."
>
Drexella says, "I'm not about to discourage you from offering whatever you want. It's just that I think we have to convince the keep or Lord Shillat or whoever to stop griping about it."
You say, "I will and you'll be the right person for the job I'm sure."
>
>
Korutu says, "Why not go get Shillat and put his blood on there."
>
>
Drexella says, "Korutu could kill a bunch more guardians and we can take the stones to shore up the bridge."
>
>
Korutu says, "Thats what i would want."
>
>
Korutu says, "If I was in charge."
>
>
>
Drexella says, "I am so not going there."
>
>
Drexella laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
>
Korutu says, "Ok so thats plan A.">
>
Korutu says, "I am not hearing a plan B so far."
>
> 'If Drogor does not want it moved then I'm not going to help move it
You say, "If Drogor does not want it moved then I'm not going to help move it."
>
Korutu says, "Now that we named it. Its not winging it."
>
Drexella says, "No. Plan A is getting the keep and Morzindaen to just accept the bridge and Shillat is one of those."
>
Glimmering red-gold sparks leap errantly off of your body.
>
Korutu asks, "Its all the gods right?"
>
Drexella says, "Yup."
>
Korutu says, "What would Everild do."
>
> 'An act of descration to one is an act upon all of them
You say, "An act of descration to one is an act upon all of them.">
>
Korutu says, "Sides shun me."
>
You say, "As it stands the holy place is here and now in this room as seen through the acts concieved through the altar, without divine command I for one do not think it should be moved."
>
Drexella asks, "Maybe if we can get Lord Shillat to let us build a pier, Drogor can decide if he wants to move it over?"
>
Korutu says, "Right but you are for getting some Shillat blood on it."
>
A small ethereal boar shimmers in front of Korutu , an almost pleased looks on its face.
>
Drexella says to you, "I'm just trying to find a solution that makes everyone happy or at least less pissed. It's the court thing coming out in me."
>
>
Loud boar-like grunting is heard, though you can't make out its origin.
>
Drexella says, "I spent far too many years negotiating with monarchs to not still have that desire I guess."
>
Korutu says, "I think blood is the answer."

Drexella says, "Right. But when the altar was placed, there wasn't a pier as an option. I'm suggesting building an option."
>
Drexella says, "Then letting him decide."
>
Korutu says, "I kinda agree if Drogdor wanted it moved it woudl just be moved."
>
Drexella asks, "Where?"
>
Drexella asks, "Where around here do you see a better spot?"
>
Drexella says, "This is on the river."
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>
Korutu says, "I meant as in Drogdor would move it."
Drexella says, "Well. The voice or whatever it is didn't answer so I guess maybe it's not so good an idea."
> >
You say, "Well, I will document this as well, perhaps someone else will be better qualified to find the balance...I'm definately not schooled in the art of statescraft."
Re: Displeased gods part 3 06/15/2016 07:54 PM CDT
You ask Sturm , "It has come to our attention that you volunteered service to have this altar removed, is that correct?"

Sturm says to you, "I have offered to do so, yes."
>
(Mazrian glances up.)
>
You nod to Sturm .
>
>
Sturm says to you, "For the best interest of the nobles."
You say to Sturm , "As it was in the presence of the Hand and you were doing what you thought to be the right thing to do infront of a superior I can understand that."
>
Sturm nods to you.
>
You say to Sturm , "However, through divine interpretation of the gods will on this day and through their demand for balance, they have taken the removal of thie altar as an affront to their being."
>
An ethereal lion shimmers before you for just a moment, gazing with despair at Sturm before disappearing.

You say to Sturm , "Though it was a good and noble choice to show to your nobles, I must ask that you and only if you truely believe it to show repentance to the gods so that we might start down the road towards that balance."

You ask Sturm , "Do you agree?"
>
Sturm says to you, "I'll do what must be done to bring balance back, if Chadatru wills it."
>
You say to Sturm , "As a servant of the gods I ask you to state your repentance and ask for their favor again, just a simple uttering of that shall warrant their ears."
>
You say to Sturm , "Though as this is Drogor's altar, a dark god, I ask that you bear upon yourself the burden of blood, to be sacrificed in his name to show your true conviction."
>
>
Neeno says, "Chadatru sent a vision to some at his altar to come here, earlier today."
You say to Sturm , "I do not ask this of you lightly, for what you have done seems to have stirred the gods into quite a turmoil...I ask this of you for the sake not of yourself but for the whole of Elanthia."
>
>
Sturm says, "I do it for the people."
>
You say to Sturm , "Then ask for the gods forgiveness and let those in attendance be witness."
>
Sturm says, "I ask Chadatru for forgiveness and only him."
>
Sturm says to you, "Let's proceed."
>
>
You say, "As you wish and may Chadatru grant you that forgiveness...as for the balance of the rest...yes, let us proceed. lay upon the altar."
>
Sturm says, "I give my life on this altar for the people and Chadatru."
>
Sturm exclaims, "Forgive me Chadatru!"
>
Sturm climbs up onto a crude bloodstained altar near the rubble of the old bridge and stretches out upon it.

You say, "Then I sacrifice you Sturm to the gods to show balance for what has transgressed and so that the healing can begin."

(Sturm closes his eyes)

You say, "May your sacrifice be worthy, prove worthy."
>
You sprinkle Sturm with some holy oil.

You prostrate yourself before a crude bloodstained altar near the rubble of the old bridge and rattle off praises to the dark gods. Standing up, you raise a sickle-bone shiv above Sturm 's supine body and pause. You proclaim, "I, the holy servant, sacrifice this Human to the eternal glory of Drogor! May his paltry soul be found worthy!"
You swiftly slam your shiv downward to plunge it deeply into Sturm 's heart.

* Sturm is slain before your eyes!
A soft red glow appears over Sturm 's body.

Collecting some of the flowing blood with your cupped palms several times, you thoroughly wash the bloodstained altar.

You sense that you are as pure of spirit as you can be, and you are ready for whatever rituals might face you.

You feel that the dark gods have cracked a bleak smile of good favor at your attempts to please them.
You say, "May this please the gods and show them that us mortals strive to strike balance that is so rightfully deserved."
>
Neeno says, "Favorless now."
>
Liurilias says to Neeno, "That's typical of this particular kind of sacrifice."
>

A bolt of marine-hued lightning strikes the corpse! Oddly, you get the impression that this is a sign of acceptance.

You say, "As this is accepted, holy beings, might you restore him with life to show his offering worthy."
>
Neeno says, "He now has one favor, and raisable."
>
You say, "Thank you gods for showing him mercy."
>
Korutu asks, "So thats it then?"
>
>
You say to Sturm , "Thank you for your sacrifice and helping to restore balance."
>
Korutu says, "Yeah I dont think its over."
You say, "No my friends this is not over."
>
Korutu says, "Still might rain blood."
>
Sturm says, "Let the Balance be restored."
You say, "This was just a small matter that required immediate action."
>
You say, "On the whole the gods are seeking balance."
>
You say, "What that means for us here today, is to offer them a place where they all can be prayed to and revered....at least that is my interpretation."
>
You say to Liurilias, "The cathedral...as mention, would be an ideal place."
>
A soft voice touches your mind, saying, "All that is Holy is Holy." The voice is joined by more, some harsh, some gentle, some with dispassionate neutrality, all repeating the same refrain until they trail off into the sound of a howling wind.
>
>
Sturm says, "All that is Holy is Holy."
>
You say, "Thank you for that...all that is Holy is Holy."
>
You place a hand on your chest and bow your head to a crude bloodstained altar near the rubble of the old bridge.
>
You say, "Well my friends, I have done the service I needed to do for the gods on this day, I have no show or anything like that to offer afterwards. Just the message that we must decide our own fate in restriking this balance to appease the gods."
>
A tripartite voice is heard, at first so soft as to be almost mistaken for a passing breeze, yet a deeper element is present as well that resonates more and more with the timber of thunder as they speak. The voice says, "The time is coming. Choices must be made. This place is your chance, your test. Make your offerings, mortals, and We will decide if you see the Balance or if the Wrath must come again."
>
>
Gabellia asks, "Um...that sounded like a threat?"
>
Korutu asks, "Anyone on team wrath?"
>
Rockytop slowly says, "Dey want da offers as da proof of da obedience da gods will."
>
>
Sturm says, "I've done my duty here."
>
>
With a rush of wind, the tripartite voice slowly dissolves, first the softest aspect, then the matronly one, and finally the harsh grating of the storm's heart.
>
R>
Harsh says, "Wrath can come if it must."
R>
>
Harsh says, "I trust in my faith."
>
Harsh gazes at his fingernails.
> >
>
Harsh says, "The rest of you on the other hand."
>
Harsh shudders.
>

(A short time later)

You feel as if a great pall has been lifted from you, and you feel the Face of your chosen Immortal turn towards you once more.