I'm off. 12/10/2005 11:15 AM CST
I'd been planning on leaving at the end of my billing cycle (which is in a few days) anyway, but Solomon's update on our guild status just reinforces what I'd expected.

There is simply nothing for me to look forward to or work towards in the guild currently that would be worth my time and energy. I could push towards 50th, sure - if I really, really worked at it I could be there within a month. Aside from being able to say "Hey, I'm 50th!", there's no reason for me to do so. I'm sitting on 3 open spell slots as-is, and even if I chose to go learn Soul Bond, Resurrection, and MF, I'd get no use from any of them. MF in particular is of no use to me - the idea of a self-resurrection is kind of pointless when my character last died on January 9th of this year (yes, I checked my logs, and yes, it has been that long). Even if I were to push for that, there'd be even less incentive to move on from there. I could roll up another guild if I wanted, but the only one I have even remote interest in is the Bard guild, and they're arguably in a bigger developmental hole than the Clerics are.

So, I'm playing another MMOG (an effect of deciding to move on from DR, not the cause of it), catching up on single player RPGs, and otherwise just moving on. I've had fun, but until this guild begins making significant strides forward, there is little for me here.

I'll be back at such time as there is noticeable - and more importantly, sustained - Cleric development. Until then, I wish everyone well.

Cameron, Syralon's player
Cleric of Ushnish
"We desire information more than battle. You may choose...satisfy our minds or our hunger."
Re: I'm off. 12/10/2005 04:13 PM CST
Take care Syralon. Guess I won't be seeing you around in hhrki anymore. Was fun to interact with you the little I did. Hope to see you back some day.

Elanius
Cleric of Aldauth
Re: I'm off. 12/10/2005 06:08 PM CST
Best wishes Syralon. Hope we see you again.

Flavius
Re: I'm off. 12/10/2005 09:27 PM CST
We'll miss you bro. Good luck in whatever hobby takes the place of Elanthia!

Thrall of Dergati,
Heroiklim Zortal

Cast of iron, dull grey and pitted, this altar is cold and lifeless. A thin coating of rust covers its surface. The words "Even Death We Master" are scrawled across the altar, defacing even destruction.
Re: I'm off. 12/11/2005 08:49 AM CST
Sorry to see you go Syralon. If it's WoW you are heading to give Khent a shout, it's been fairly common knowledge for a while now that is where he went.

~Entyy

>You are entitled to learn 7 more spells from your guild leader but due to lack of Clerical development there's nothing to learn.

Re: I'm off. 12/11/2005 10:07 AM CST
>>>>If it's WoW you are heading to give Khent a shout, it's been fairly common knowledge for a while now that is where he went.<<<<

<sighs>

flip
Flip what?

Need bonding or divorce roses or wedding services? Contact me at: kalira@play.net

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: I'm off. 12/11/2005 12:46 PM CST
He did?

Why?

Player of:
Adzul the Cleric
Linus the Empath
Ignatius the Cleric
Ocatvius the Trader

"A friend will help you move -- A good friend will help you move a body."
Re: I'm off. 12/12/2005 12:17 AM CST
The game is in 3d and it is not a bunch of text

Undying Tyvo, Altarboy of Urremtier
"Whine me a river baby..."
Re: I'm off. 12/12/2005 12:18 AM CST
>The game is in 3d and it is not a bunch of text

And you cap it out within 4 months.

Thrall of Dergati,
Heroiklim Zortal

Cast of iron, dull grey and pitted, this altar is cold and lifeless. A thin coating of rust covers its surface. The words "Even Death We Master" are scrawled across the altar, defacing even destruction.