Prev_page Previous 1
Goodbye 05/30/2004 01:32 PM CDT
This is more a formality than anything, since I've barely been around since November, and most of you didn't recognize me during the period before that.

You guys are great, but it's time for me to move on to other things. DR gave me several years of enjoyment, even if the last two have been rocky. I am going to keep my account open for now--the thought of deleting 7 years of character development in one swoop is stomach churning--but you'll likely not see much of me.

To Zabari and Heiu, you guys rock. The fact that you've held out against these impossible odds speaks volumes about your strength. Sadly, I don't share similar willpower.

To the rest of you, you've given me years of enjoyment. I'll miss all of you. My AOL screenname is LordIsau (or Lord Isau.. I forget if it has a space) if you ever want to reach me. I still MUD and NWN and all that, but unfortunately it's time to cross DR off the list.

--Lainn
Re: Goodbye 05/30/2004 02:02 PM CDT
Sorry to see you go, Lainn. To be honest, I wasn't even aware you've been back in the last year. As for holding out, you were measurably stronger than I in at least one endeavor.

I'll look you up if I ever make it to Mardi Gras.

>praise vorclaf
You praise Vorclaf's efforts, supporting him with your approval.
Re: Goodbye 05/30/2004 03:22 PM CDT
Best of luck, Lainn. I hope you have fun in some other world :-)

Shae.
Re: Goodbye 05/30/2004 04:33 PM CDT
Lainn,

I was just thinking of you the other day, at how wonderful all your spell suggestions were. So well thought out and complete. I only hope the GM's have them all saved somewhere. Maybe something will happen soon (really soon, not simu, top priority for over a year soon) something will happen to break the dam and all those wonderful suggestions can be actually reality. Hopefully you can find your way back if things do turn around.

I can't blame you for going. But it's another loss to our guild and DR. A big loss.

Telynn
Re: Goodbye 05/30/2004 06:06 PM CDT
Lainn it is sad to see ya go. Since early in this game you had been one of the "Big Idea" guys. I dunno how many spells in this game are a direct result from one of your suggestions but I would wager it is more than a few.

Good luck to ya.

Lagerby
Re: Goodbye 05/30/2004 11:42 PM CDT
Lainn,
thanks for your post. Frankly I thought you had faded away. As someone else pointed out you were one of the best 'idea' guys, but also you did a really great job of explaining things well on the boards. I learned so much from what you posted. You added a great deal to these boards and the quality of our guild. Frankly I don't know that Flavius had encountered you much in game, but I quoted your postings so many times! Thanks.

Good luck with everything

Flavius
Re: Goodbye 05/31/2004 06:00 AM CDT
But...I just said "hi" and "welcome back" to ya the other day! Well, take it easy, bud. It was nice seeing you again, even if for just that short while. Good luck with everything.

-Deagol
Re: Goodbye 05/31/2004 07:02 PM CDT
I was always hoping you would go GM. You have the number knowledge and understanding of all the stuff that I will never get. Take care!

Vytoria
Re: Goodbye 06/02/2004 06:54 AM CDT
See ya around Lainn, was always good to hear from you and talk to you.

- Smeg

Smegul says, "Heh."
Re: Goodbye 06/02/2004 10:39 AM CDT
Wish I had noticed you were back. Typical of me to miss you... I always seemed to miss your comings and goings years ago as well. I hope you come back some day, we could sure use another firey headed elder to help stir the pot.

Bambina
Re: Goodbye 06/02/2004 05:20 PM CDT
I recognized you and I've been wondering where you've been. I've missed your sane discussions on the boards. ::hugs:: Keep in touch!

Janyl

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Goodbye for now. 06/26/2004 07:53 PM CDT
Hello my fellow Clerics and non Clerical Friends,
This is a little early and I doubt to many know me I've turned into a bit of a hermit, and I rarely ever posted. Anyway Just wanted to say goodbye to those that do know me. I'll still be around till the 29th but after that my account will be closed. Not gonna bother listing names of people I will miss cause i'd forget to name to many. Anyway goodbye till things get better and i can come back.

Holy Mage Dannrik

P.S. No i'm not leaving due to cleric development. I think that Heiu will do great, and I look forward to seeing the changes when i can finally come back. Goodbye.

Ssra utters a few harsh words in a guttural tongue!

Ssra gestures at you.
An instant rush of black and blue fire explodes into being, consuming Ssra's outstretched limbs and turning them into ash!
Re: Goodbye for now. 06/26/2004 08:33 PM CDT
Take care Dannrik,hope you dont take too long in coming back..See you soon.

Brother Pipoielln
Re: Goodbye for now. 06/26/2004 11:14 PM CDT
Take care, bub. See ya when you get back.

-Deagol
Re: Goodbye for now. 06/26/2004 11:55 PM CDT
Come back soon bro, there will be more quests for us to break and get stuck in. ;)

~Aeth
Re: Goodbye for now. 06/27/2004 12:40 AM CDT
>Come back soon bro, there will be more quests for us to break and get stuck in.<

Looking forward to it Aeth. Going on the infusion quest with you and Cato was one of the greatests experiences I ever had in DR.

Holy Mage Dannrik

Ssra utters a few harsh words in a guttural tongue!

Ssra gestures at you.
An instant rush of black and blue fire explodes into being, consuming Ssra's outstretched limbs and turning them into ash!
Re: Goodbye for now. 06/28/2004 12:16 PM CDT
You're not allowed to leave.

Take care Dannrik. Hope to see you around again.

Elanius/Brabs
Re: Goodbye for now. 07/01/2004 11:31 AM CDT
Dannrik..

OOC: My oldest and dearest DR friend. You told me when I had to leave [2-3 years ago now?] that you'd be here when I got back. I'll be here when you get back. We won't lose touch.

IC: Nae wander off too far, father. Ye know how lost and distracted ye tend to get. Nae to mention ye dinnae wish to miss Tiri's growing up.

I'll save the hugs for ingame, however.

Dianelle
Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 05:12 AM CDT
I think it's time I stopped paying Simu for a quality of service they stopped providing a long time ago.

I'm really very unhappy with what has happened to the Cleric Guild over the last couple of years. I really can't fathom Simu's priorities in choosing to devote resources to developing new professions and a new guild when many existing guilds aren't anywhere near an acceptable level of completion.

I've been waiting for resurrection to be over so the Cleric coders can move on to "real" cleric stuff (not just what the heathen masses want) for at least 18 months now. Yes, I know the spell has been gone longer, but it didn't seem quite the stumbling block to development before that.

I found it quite depressing to hear that at Simucon many GMs had chipped in to help on raise (a good thing), and thought that with that in QC the Cleric guild was in no further need of assistance (a bad thing), as if that was all Clerics were good for; rezzing people. As if we, the players of primary clerics with all our pleading for and suggesting of other abilities/spells/communes/rituals have been totally ignored (by anyone other than Cleric GMs)for years.

I admit being extremely jealous of the leaps and bounds made in other guilds already well developed. At the MM's losing their GMs and gaining two new ones in a week. Our GM is taking completely necessary time off for family stuff, but we don't even have an AGM in training, let along fully fledged GMs jumping in.

I thought the whole thing of the countdown in the General Discussions folder actually being number of items to QC for raise before release was quite childish. I found nothing exciting at all in the countdown. I would have been much more interested if I knew what it was for. But that's not the way things are done in DR. Everything must be shrouded in mystery; players are treated like mushrooms. Why was it so triumphantly announced that there were 26 hours of QC left till raise is released, yet when it was delayed - who knows how long for - everything is hush hush?

I've played DR for 6+ continuous years, the vast majority of that as a primary cleric. I've loved playing no other guild more than the Cleric guild. Most of my best friends in DR are in this guild or met through Mentoring for 2 years. I married my DR husband in RL last November (and we're still like honeymooners). I've had a whole lot of fun and joy from DR, and I'd like to thank you, the players and the Cleric GMs (whose battle behind the scenes I can only imagine) for making it so.

It's been a really hard decision to make; there's so much sentiment tied up in the length of time spent and enjoyment I've had developing Shaelynn - my hubby and I spent have spent many many hours reliving old DR memories and dreamed up and discussed ideas about how things should be changed, new spells, abilities etc. But the magic has slowly died over the last two years; the last month or two I've not even logged in for any appreciable time - just been reading the boards seeing if raise has been finally been released. It's time to stop paying for something I'm not enjoying any more. Good luck everyone, I wish you all the best of times.

Shaelynn's player - Julie.

P.S. For any friends I've not been able to contact recently, my AIM has changed from ShaelynnDR to BobaVetNZ
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 05:47 AM CDT
Shaelynn, I am sorry you lost your fire. I really hate this folder.

Yet another big loss in a long line of big losses.

Lagerby
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 06:07 AM CDT
Very good post. I hated reading it, but very good post. All of it. You've summed up what I think are a lot of people's feelings at this point (mine included) quite well.

I'll miss you Shaelynn. Take care.

-Deagol
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 07:31 AM CDT
Ditto Deagol's sentiments. It's been a hard road for us, and it's sad to see another fall to Rob.

I'll lift a toast to you tonight, and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Slainte!

Visionary Heroiklim Zortal

Heiu says, "By the end of the year I expect to see an explosion"
Heiu says, "Hold me to that if you want.... at Christmas"
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 09:57 AM CDT
It was a touching post. The numbers of others who have not contemplated this themselves must be few.

Daxy
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 09:59 AM CDT
Take care Shaelynn. I am sorry it had to come to this.

- Smeg

Smegul says, "Heh."

Smegul, Inc: Correcting idiocy one post at a time since 346.
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 10:02 AM CDT
Take care, Shaelynn and Gruesome. I'll miss seeing you two around. Enjoy your lives and maybe if you return in the future things will be better and you'll be able to have fun again.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 11:54 AM CDT
Shae Gonna miss you hon. I havent played Entyy much either, but I still laugh when the BFA was a big thing and we decided the become the Pink Fangs heh.

I agree with everything you said so I can sympathize with you. I wish you and your hubby good luck in all that you do.

~Entyycement
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 11:58 AM CDT
Boy, both you and Gruesome in one day. Can't say I am suprised considering some of the IMs I have have had with you guys as of late.

Both of you take care of yourselves. Also, you guys better stay in touch. I'll try to too.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 01:40 PM CDT
This post is so close to how I feel right now and I'm almost out the door also because of those feelings. This is almost a word by word echo of how I feel. Take care Shaelynn.

Need bonding roses, wedding services or divorce services? Contact me at: kalira@play.net

My website of clerical information: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 05:45 PM CDT
Ditto - Every word you said was so right on target. I wonder if Solomon knows just how badly the clerics felt after Simucon, after learning about the countdown and after the reply to question about help. I really don't expect him to really give a flip, just would like to know that he knows how it came across.

Telynn
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/06/2004 06:31 PM CDT
Shae- I take this to mean you will miss my cleric dress up party? Really all you had to do was decline the invitation.....

Shae, hardly knew you but still feel this is another blow to our guild. Good luck.

Flavius
Re: Goodbye - longish 07/07/2004 02:07 AM CDT
You'll be missed Shae.

Tenasia
Goodbye for a while 10/20/2005 02:43 PM CDT
As anyone who knows me can tell, I've hardly been around at all for the last several months. I won't get into great detail about the reasons why, I'll just say that it's a combination of personal real life "stuff" and a loss of interest in DR in general. I'll probably come back eventually--it seems like I usually do.

So... I won't say goodbye, only "see you later."

Teel: You were one of my first and best DR friends. You know how to find me, so don't lose touch girl!

Barnie: I'm not sure if you're actually around to read this now, but you know I have a fond place in my heart for you... despite any differences we may have had.

Renoir: I'm at a loss for words, and some things are perhaps best left unsaid. I wish you all the happiness in the world, dear.

Rabee: Promise me not to take life too seriously. I'm always happy to lend you an ear or a shoulder, whichever you need.

Sarlon: I haven't seen you forever, hun, but you know I always wish you the best.

Mandorsgar: Again, perhaps some things are best left unsaid. Anything I could say to you here would only be a repetition of what you already know.

To all you other clerics, Elotheans, and friends: I'm sorry for everyone that I've left out, but you'd all get tired of reading before I was able to list everyone who's touched me in some way. For anyone who knows how to get in touch with me, always feel free.

Take care, all of you.

Jenn/Zaramin
Re: Goodbye for a while 10/20/2005 06:21 PM CDT
Zaramin,
After finally running into Teel after what felt like forever, I was hoping that I might get lucky and run into you as well. I Please look me up when you get back. By the time you get back, I'll have gained a few circles closer to you, maybe even past you! :winks: We can go hunting! Take care until then.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros and Makona
Re: Goodbye for a while 10/21/2005 05:35 PM CDT
will miss ya,

Me? serious? Contradiction?

It seems that nothing ever worked out the way we either expected it, and although I don't see you around, you are still thought of.

Take it easy,

Rabee
Re: Goodbye for a while 10/21/2005 06:37 PM CDT
* Rabee was just struck down!

You didn't have to take it so hard.....
Re: Goodbye for a while 10/21/2005 07:49 PM CDT
Hey, he's a true 'soldja'.

Fine. I'm wrong.
Re: Goodbye for a while 10/21/2005 09:07 PM CDT
oh very funny, it's the first time in a long time!
Re: Goodbye for a while 10/21/2005 10:37 PM CDT
Crymthann sings "i got a soul but i'm not a soldja"
Re: Goodbye for a while 10/31/2005 06:10 AM CST
Well dang I am slow in reading the boards hun... I am going to miss ya and I will be in touch. I wish you the best in whatever you do out there in the real world Jenn but ya alreay know that. <>sniffle<> Now I gotta find a new girl friend... I don't like girls all that much.

Love ya hun and take care,
Hilary/Mama Teel

P. S. You are oh so right about Rabee.

search
You're not in any condition to be searching around!
Goodbye Everyone :) 06/28/2009 10:25 AM CDT
Greetings,

I posted this in the general folder, but figured for all my clerical brothers and sisters, I'd post it here too.

I just wanted to take a moment to say goodbye as my mind is now leaving the body for good. I've met lots of great people along the way the past six or so years. Special Goodbyes to Myeka, Rybran, Myralena, Kattandra, Valeres, Rehoboam, Catwrist, Koryu, Blujae, Nonomis, Kayliene, and many others I'm sure I'm missing. Its been a great time and I wish you all the best. This is my last day, the fine gentleman that is taking over the account is taking ownership tonight and I will not be checking this board. Take care all.

Best Regards,
Gardonian
Prev_page Previous 1