Brynnfairn trips on a stair and knocks herself unconscious 09/13/2003 03:06 AM CDT
I'd like to say farewell to the many interesting people I've had the pleasure of adventuring with the past five years. DR has been a refuge for me from the stresses and struggles of real life. The time has come for me to move on and tuck Brynnfairn away to sleep in the shadows. At this point I'm not certain if it will be a permanent slumber or just a long break.

Only a few friends in the game know that I have a son with very complex special needs. I have begun to form a non-profit society on his behalf. My son is turning ten next month and we are beginning a new chapter in our lives. He is gaining more independence with the support of his care aide and I am finding myself able to get out into the real world again.

Over the past five years I've met some very kind, intelligent, amusing and interesting people in DR. The following people have touched my life and have brought me countless hours of laughter and companionship. If I leave anyone out please forgive me. It's late and the old brain is a bit rusty lately with the increased load of real life issues making use of any spare brain cells.

Some of these souls no longer walk the Realms. To those of you still wandering about I send a big heartfelt thank you.

Samsaren - who dragged Brynn away from her reclusive life with her handsome diseased fellas in the mausoleum in Aesry. You taught Brynn to take a chance with love again. A noble soul and loving husband.

Lachanarz -who took a newbie under his wing and taught Brynn the ways of the Realms.

Linett - who warmly befriended a complete stranger in Shard and took Brynn to her very first Fest. Your kindness and generosity are remembered to this day.

Serenian - who adopted Brynn as his sister and shared her twisted dark sense of humor.

Tanarah - who befriended Brynn and spent many hours making me laugh on the deer trail in Haven. To you I have one last parting word to say ..... "Loins!"

Shadzar - who taught Brynn how to stay alive while hunting swamp trolls and was a wonderful companion.

Frenic - the singed fire mage that warmed Brynn's heart for a while until he fell into a deep coma and was never heard from again. Your silly antics have been missed.

Auricain - a generous soul and dear friend.

Jairem - though our friendship took a sad turn my memories of the years we spent traveling and exploring the realms together were full of happiness and laughter.

Llywelfynn - Brynn's creative muse who inspired her to explore her musical side and write songs. I have these words to say to you Fynn ..... "dance til yer boots dry"

Rience - who introduced Brynn to the beauty of life in Aesry and helped her realize she had the soul and passion of a battle cleric.

Shalrin - who adopted a young Brynn for his grandmother and reminded her not to act so old. I have these words to say to you...."I don't do cookies. I'm not that kind of grandma. Now if it's booze ye want yer in luck."

Landin - who taught Brynn that money is for spending and Fests are the best place to spend it. A generous and kind soul.

Samum, Garpike, Gartek, Miryam, Tilie, Charlistan, Shalade, and any others I've forgotten to mention.

Farewell from the player of Brynnfairn.

~ Walk softly and carry a BIG stick. ~
Re: Brynnfairn trips on a stair and knocks herself unconscious 09/13/2003 03:29 AM CDT
Said it once...gonna say it again.

I'm gonna miss ya gramma... cries

*Huge hugs and a pinch on the cheek*

Acolyte Shalrin Ottavion--Cleric of Urrem'tier
Don't understand the post, then you don't understand me.
Re: Brynnfairn trips on a stair and knocks herself unconscious 09/13/2003 09:32 AM CDT
Not sure where to start .... My first memory of Brynn was when Tilie was so small she couldnt even bless. She was so patient teaching Tilie devotion. And after all that ... Even told her how to do it yet again ... Cause I'd forgotten it all the next day. She bought Tilie her vault the first time. And a vial so she could do devotion. To this day, Tilie has spent lots of coin repaying Brynn by helping people as new as Tilie was. I dont have the patience that you do ... But I do try. Everytime i see someone as lost as I was ... i think about you and everything you did. I tell them the same things you told me. And smile. Thinking.... "is nice to be on this end of it". I just want to thank you here and now for everything you've done for me. And for not only helping Tilie grow up and learn ... But being a friend. Nevermind I was young and stupid. You have meant more to Tilie than most anyone. I was honored to be invited to your wedding.. i will miss terribly seeing you and talking with you.I for one will never forget Brynn. I hope you have a lovely rest. And hope to see you again someday. Good luck in your new journeys... Safe paths and well met Brynnfairn. *hugs and smooches*

The muddled mind of
Tilie Maisemore
Re: Brynnfairn trips on a stair and knocks herself unconscious 09/13/2003 10:00 AM CDT
What to say...
We met on an isle, I, lost(normal we all know) and seeking knowledge. I found a part of me I never knew the lack of. Peace favor you M'lady, you shall be missed by many, especially one.

Samsaren Remlane
Remember those that came before, remember honor.
Re: Brynnfairn trips on a stair and knocks herself unconscious 09/13/2003 11:54 AM CDT
Good luck, Brynnfairn. Wish you many happy days ahead.

-Deagol
Re: Brynnfairn trips on a stair and knocks herself unconscious 09/13/2003 01:34 PM CDT
Brynn-
didn't know you very well, but knew you were one of the 'good' ones. You will be missed. Fare thee well in your new course.

Flavius
Re: Brynnfairn trips on a stair and knocks herself unconscious 09/13/2003 01:50 PM CDT
Egads! You've got me waxing poetic.

When Time who steals our years away
Shall steal our pleasures too,
The mem?ry of the past will stay,
And half our joys renew.

so said tommy moore... shalade's lookin for that unconscious Brynn that he might bop her once more for good measure. Be well and be not a stranger.
Re: Brynnfairn trips on a stair and knocks herself unconscious 09/13/2003 01:54 PM CDT
Brynn, Since I left Crossing to train elsewhere I hadnt run into you for a while but I shall still miss you. You were always so helpful and sweet to me. I hope all goes well with your son and hopefully we will see your sweet smile again someday.

~Entyycement (Christy)
Re: Brynnfairn trips on a stair and knocks herself unconscious 04/13/2010 07:45 PM CDT
Holy crap, I'm 7 years late saying goodbye to my sister. That sucks. Has anyone seen her since 2003? I came back a few months ago and asked around but no one on Ratha/Aesry seemed to remember her.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.” - Terry Pratchett