Greetings from Japan 02/21/2007 02:35 AM CST
Hello from Japan, maybe I should say konnichiwa. Well I took a long break from DR for various reasons. It seems so long since I have posted. Anyway now I am living in Japan and having the time of my life finally. I wonder if there is anyone else here in Japan who actually plays DR? Anyway it seems about time to go to the bar for a drink.

Kanpai!
~Silvergryphon
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/21/2007 10:34 AM CST
Welcome back SG! Good to hear you're around sistah!

-Entyycement
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/21/2007 08:08 PM CST
I was happy to see you in game! I can't wait to tell my daughter you're in Japan! She loves everything Japanese. We'll have to talk so you can tell her all about it.

Safe Cracker Tishra Rothem, Swamp Shaman of The Locksmith Union
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/23/2007 08:16 AM CST
Greetings from two of my favorite clerics, cant get better than that. Yeah Japan is really cool but you do miss home. Anytime you or anyone else has questions or just wants to talk drop me a line in game or at DR Silvergryphon on AIM. Oh yeah and Tish you have to give me advice on the 200 in all survivals thing, thats my goal too. I feel like im following in your survival footsteps. Im like the cleric representative in Japan. Poor Japanese people.

~SG
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/23/2007 09:11 AM CST
>>Oh yeah and Tish you have to give me advice on the 200 in all survivals thing, thats my goal too.

Not much to it, just work the survivals as much as you can and stick with it. Flee and Stealing 2.0 make working Escaping and Stealing (and to an extent, Hiding/Stalking) pretty trivial to learn these days.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
<Conskill> You're like an Empath, but with a drug dependancy.
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/23/2007 11:12 AM CST
Yeah but im like the laziest cleric around. Im as old or older than most of the high circle clerics, yet im like half their circle. Well circle is pretty trivial to me, I prefer good skills to amount of circles but still it says something about me. Maybe I should stop raising dead too. Distracting.

~SG
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/23/2007 11:17 AM CST
All that hard work Tish put into stealing and now they go and make it easy. It's a bit funny now to see Clerical names on the wanted board. ::hums::

Love yah,

-Entyy
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/23/2007 11:20 AM CST
I think that Haven warrant of mine's been outstanding for 3 months or so now...

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
<Conskill> You're like an Empath, but with a drug dependancy.
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/23/2007 11:41 AM CST
Silver- you and Flavius are proof that just hanging around for years doesn't give automatic circles. I think I am up to 5.5 circles per year!
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/23/2007 04:19 PM CST
>>Oh yeah and Tish you have to give me advice on the 200 in all survivals thing, thats my goal too.

keep a class going at all times, either as the teacher or student. There are always some things you can't easily incorporate into your training regimen no matter how fiercely you want to, or perhaps you just plain don't want to go through the hassle of actively training those things (ie, escaping before flee). Try to keep it a survivals class if you can, because anything else is just going to waste time in reaching your goal.

If you like to run with friends, or if you are stuck with a mule because nobody else is around, stay in a group where the least-skilled is the leader (that way nobody gets left behind due to being in RT or not having skill enough to succeed at the attempt, and your class doesn't get interrupted). Anything trained in combat--stealth, perception, flee, evasion--can be ignored for these non-combat runs as they're already decently trainable (in the case of evasion, it's practically unavoidable).

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/23/2007 04:45 PM CST
Bah, slow down ya speed demon. I'm up to three circles a year nowadays.

Crory, da holy barb
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/24/2007 09:02 AM CST
Welcome back, Silvergryphon.

If I hustle, I may make three circles for the year; don't count on it.

Bambina
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/24/2007 09:03 AM CST
I think your still faster than me Flavor. And anyway Crory your still higher than me so nyah nyah doesnt count. Hey I thought this was supposed to be a real life thread.
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/24/2007 09:06 AM CST
*Comes back after getting some yakiniku and sushi* Ok let the thread once again continue.
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/24/2007 08:55 PM CST
I cant remember the last time i circled. Granted i havent played in a year but it must of been somewhere round early 2004 late '03. Not sure if i remember where the guildhouse is.

Pipo.
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/24/2007 10:17 PM CST
hey! where you been pip!?

Verbal
Re: Greetings from Japan 02/25/2007 12:52 AM CST
Someone drill back through Pip's post and drag him back into the game.....

Flavius